View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Tony Brackens 
RIP Killer

Post Tony Brackens
INTERESTING - this guy could eventually help the Lions pass rush (plus he is a former Longhorn so he would fit right in with S Rogers, R Williams, C Redding, etc.) - what do you think?

1) Jaguars | Brackens Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:13:36 -0700

Associated Press reports Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio said DE Tony Brackens (knee) could miss more time than anticipated due to a strained muscle in the back of a knee.

2) Updated:
Jaguars | Brackens Likely to Be Waived - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:22:02 -0700

The Florida Times-Union reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to waive DE Tony Brackens (calf), who has been sidelined with a calf injury.

August 19th, 2004, 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Brackens has been dissapointing the past few injury plagued seasons, and I don't think it would be a wise pick-up. We have a decent DE corps right now with good depth, something I wouldn't have said before the pre-season game. DeVries looks good, Redding looks good, Edwards was a good pass-rusher (that's it). I don't know where he would fit in our depth chart and I don't think we should go after him.

August 20th, 2004, 3:36 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

true - he might not be a good pickup but it is official now...

The Jaguars released defensive end Tony Brackens on Sunday. Brackens, the Jaguars' all-time leader in sacks, had been cut and re-signed once already this offseason for salary cap reasons. He played in 2003 and registered six sacks after undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee before the season. He underwent surgery on his right knee prior to training camp.

Brackens has been a very serviceable defensive end for the Jaguars throughout his career. He started in the Pro Bowl in 1999 and led the team in sacks last year. His most recent knee surgery was evidently too much to overcome.

August 23rd, 2004, 10:43 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

It still seems strange that a team who needs a DE in the worst way, now released one of their starting DEs. I don't know how good he can be whoever he gets picked up by.

August 23rd, 2004, 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]