View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Brandt leaves Baas off OL combine list 
RIP Killer

Post Brandt leaves Baas off OL combine list
OG Baas is not among the list of the top ten O-linemen to be attending the combine. Is he even invited? If not, does anyone have reason why most mock sites are rating him at going in round 2 and why he isn't ranked here, ie off-field problems, etc?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8207123

Offensive linemen -- 62 players invited
(27 tackles, 22 guards, 13 centers)

1. Alex Barron, Florida State (20)
2. Jammal Brown, Oklahoma (22)
3. Elton Brown, Virginia (08.)
4. Khalif Barnes, Washington (19)
5. Chris Colmer, N.C. State (23)
6. Adam Snyder, Oregon (43)
7. Adam Terry, Syracuse (57)
8. Logan Mankins, Fresno State (37)
9. Ray Willis, Florida State (60)
10. Chris Kemoeatu, Utah (16)

February 21st, 2005, 11:48 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Brandt leaves Baas off OL combine list
conversion02 wrote:
OG Baas is not among the list of the top ten O-linemen to be attending the combine. Is he even invited?

David Bass was invited to the combine. He just wasn't included in the top 10 of that list (which appears tackle heavy).

Hope that helps... :wink:

February 21st, 2005, 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Anyone have any thoughts on Jamaal Brimmer from UNLV at safety? I've seen a couple places that rank him as the #1 safety in the draft but I didn't see him going until mid to late 2nd. Any thoughts on waiting on a safety until then? Is he better than Shazor or Pool?

I would personally like to us acquire a safety via FA, mainly DD or Kenoy Kennedy. If we can't, I would like to trade down in round 1 and get another round 2 pick and take a safety as well as an OL.

February 21st, 2005, 12:27 pm
RIP Killer

Brimmer is a decent prospect, I wouldn't rate him ahead of Davis, Shazor or Pool.

Brimmer is 6?1, 215-pounds and not very fast. He doesn't have great physical tools and thus is not your prototypical saftey in todays NFL. What is he? He is a football player. Meaning the guy makes plays. He will have to impress the scouts at the combine and Pro Day workouts to go in the top 40-50.

I think the Lions will address the strong safety position in FA and not wait until the draft. The propects available don't line up well with where the Lions are picking. I also think they want to leave more options open going into the draft.

They will also address the OL in free agency, but won't be done there. The Lions will also use draft picks to upgrade the OL.

So in FA, look for them to add a SS, OL and QB. If they can do that, the draft opens up for them and they can address depth at a number of positions and be in pretty good shape.

February 21st, 2005, 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

Post Brimmer
Not that this arguement has any weight to it whatsoever, I'd just like to point out that I've drafted Brimmer on a Madden 2005 franchise after year 1 and he's a hell of a player on there. I know its based on whatever year he had in NCAA and however he gets imported into the draft class for Madden, but he was a pretty damn good player when I had him. Obviously videogame ratings/performance have little to no bearing whatsoever, I just figured I'd throw it out there.

February 21st, 2005, 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]