View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Tollner breaks down tape of Harrington 
Modmin Dude

Post Tollner breaks down tape of Harrington
http://www.detnews.com/2005/lions/0502/25/H07-100155.htm

Quote:
"There are things I really like, and there are things that have kept him from getting to the level he wants to get at," Tollner said Thursday. "And that's basically been his inconsistency on accuracy at times.

"Sometimes, your concentration level can be helped by guys making plays if the ball may be a little bit off.

"I like what I see, but there definitely has to be a step up in consistency for us to get where we want to get."

Let's hope he can get Joey to where he needs to be.

February 25th, 2005, 2:17 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

These are the words you see with Joey all the time,consistency and inconsistency

February 25th, 2005, 2:32 pm

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Lions offensive tackle Stockar McDougle, said he expects McDougle to test the market when he becomes an unrestricted free agent Wednesday

Is this really a bad thing? I would hate to lose McDougle but , the FA market is going to be loaded with good O lineman. I think we need to land some guys who can play.

February 25th, 2005, 2:41 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Quote:
Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Lions offensive tackle Stockar McDougle, said he expects McDougle to test the market when he becomes an unrestricted free agent Wednesday

Is this really a bad thing? I would hate to lose McDougle but , the FA market is going to be loaded with good O lineman. I think we need to land some guys who can play.

You know I read the article on another site and really it dose not tell you much. Saying someone is good but needs a lot of improvement is like saying that I like apples but they make me throw up because of the taste. As far as McDougle goes I think we can do better then this guy. I have never been too impressed with him; he seems to always get called for penalties and misses blocks. I think we can do better in FA, I like that guy who just go trellised by the Titians, think his name is Keith Miller or something Miller I believe he plays McDougles spot and only got let go because of cap. Also did you see what was written about Drummond, about how they are making an offer to him as a restricted free agent and for teams to pick him up they would have to give them a first rounder. Man that?s pretty big, dose anyone think that a team would even cough that up, or even a second rounder? I know the guys great of special teams, but hey that?s about it.

February 25th, 2005, 2:51 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

You know I read the article on another site and really it dose not tell you much. Saying someone is good but needs a lot of improvement is like saying that I like apples but they make me throw up because of the taste.

Not only funny...but I agree :lol:

If Joey sucks this year he must go. There are no more excuses about experience or having the tools.

February 25th, 2005, 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Master J wrote:
You know I read the article on another site and really it dose not tell you much. Saying someone is good but needs a lot of improvement is like saying that I like apples but they make me throw up because of the taste.

Not only funny...but I agree :lol:

If Joey sucks this year he must go. There are no more excuses about experience or having the tools.

Well what is really funny is if you remember last year everyone was saying if he is worth anything that this will be his break out year. That it takes QBs three years to adjust to the west coast offence. Now people are saying well if he dose not perform this year then he should be let go and that most QB?s take four years to develop. My question when are we going to stop pushing out the deadline to see if he is good. When do we just say hey where human we messed up we where wrong, he?s no good. I am not a Joey hatter I actually was all for him this year I thought he was going to do good, I was wrong. I think we need a QB to compete with Joey, and from what I hear Mooch will more then likely bring us on in the off-season. The guy I think will come here is John Kitna, for a couple of reasons

February 25th, 2005, 4:19 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Well I think it has something to do with Dree Brees and the year he had. It is almost a mirror situation in some peoples eyes. Problem with that is technically gamewise it was Brees' 3rd year in regards to serious play time. He played in 1 game his rookie year and has played 43 games in his career vs Joeys 46 :? And then poor McMahon...started just 7 games...0 in 2003 and 2004.

I personally believe Joey is adequate at best :?

February 25th, 2005, 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

Joeys a stiff. He had a better cast around him with a serious running game last half of the season and showed no progress. He looks about the same as the day he came in except with a beard.

February 25th, 2005, 5:00 pm

This is the make it or break it year for Joey.
No more excuses, and I have said a bunch of them.

February 25th, 2005, 6:42 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

This is the make it or break it year for Joey.
No more excuses, and I have said a bunch of them.

You see that is my point last year was supposed to be his make it or break it year, now we are going to say this year is the make it or break it year? I say bring in a vet like Kitna, who can realistically compete for Joeys job, draft a QB in the Third round and just let training camp deiced who will start, no more of this oh its Joeys job this year, go into camp with an open competition.

February 25th, 2005, 7:00 pm
Profile YIM
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don't think last year was a make or break year for Harrington. Because honestly there has been no real improvement in the Lions offense over the last 3 years. They've added some talented players in Rogers, Williams and Jones but outside of flashes they haven't been able to put it together mostly for health reasons and a complete lack of depth. Don't even get me started on how I think the OL is full of bunch of underachivers.

For what ever reason the WCO just looks awful here. And before you blame Harrington for that remember it looked just as bad if not worse with McMahon, Batch and Detmer running it. Some players like just don't fit the WCO mold. Anybody else tired of them trying to try throw the ball to Schlesinger? The guy can block with the best of them but he has awful hands and doesn't run well in the open field. 2 staples of a WCO FB.

Also before you go wanting to bring in guys like Kitna remember he was considered a bust in Seattle after his fouth year there. He also had two subpar years in Cinny before having a career year in 2003, which was his 7th year in the NFL.

February 25th, 2005, 8:00 pm
Water Boy

There's no such thing as an absolute make or break thing in this situation. I'll tell you what, though, last year was Joey's last year to receive any paitence with his lack of performance. In other words, everyone will be happy if he somehow steps up and gets a lot better. But you can just tell from all the comments in the organization that last year was his last chance to underperform. I think he goes in right now as the starter, but there is no patience whatsoever for anything less than above average performance. They will pull him in a second if he plays like last year. And he has to demonstrate above average performance from the git-go. I suspect he will play well enough in camp and in pre-season to keep the job -- he performed well in preseason last year. But when the games count, he will begin to falter again and we'll have to wade through a certain number of games before he's pulled. My hope is he plays okay, but the backup we bring in just plays better enough that they start the backup. Then you have Joey in case of injury, which is so possible.

February 26th, 2005, 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]