View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Raiola to re-sign? 
QB Coach

Post Raiola to re-sign?
http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1109459400221620.xml

Quote:
Mariucci believes center Dominic Raiola, who will become an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday, will re-sign with the team before that deadline.

"I think so, yeah," he said. "They've been working on it (a new contract) like crazy."

PLEASE MILLEN! ha ha! :idea:

February 27th, 2005, 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

Ask and you will recieve: 5 years/17.5mil with a nice signing bonus.

Check Claytons report tonight on Espn.go.com

February 27th, 2005, 3:25 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2001168

YAY!!! :arrow:

I can sleep easy tonight...

February 27th, 2005, 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

starting right tackle Stockar McDougle recently reiterated his intention to go into the free agency market, and probably depart Detroit.

Bye Bye Stockar. Don't let the door hit you on the way out :lol:

BTW-Is Raiola worth that much $$$$$$$$$$$?

February 27th, 2005, 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

It seems like a pretty good size contract. Anyone see the details as far as the yearly salaries? I know he got 5yr/17million with a bonus of 4.6 mill. It could be one of those contracts where the salary is fairly low the first couple of years and then escalates if the towards the end, forcing the team to decide if he is worth high salaries at a later time. If that is the case he might not count very high vs the cap this year. Just 4.6/5 + salary. I bet at MOST his 1st year salary is 1.5 million + 900k for the bonus average. Still seems like a lot but he might not actually see the full 17 million.

February 27th, 2005, 6:50 pm
Peewee Leaguer

With Raoila I keep remember all of the penalties he has had over the last couple of years to kill drives.

You need a guy to hike the ball on every play though, and he doesn't miss plays. He was also rated as the 2nd best FA Center out there, so signing him means we don't have to get someone else. That either frees up time and effort we can put into another FA at another position or frees up a draft pick at a needy spot.

Out of Raoila and McDougal I thought Dominic was the best chance to resign. There are more FA and draftable Tackles then Centers out there.

Wouldn't Baas in the 2nd round be a nice choice at the other Guard.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

February 27th, 2005, 9:21 pm
QB Coach

Kareem McKenzie

He's 3 years younger than McDougle, already a pretty good RT, and was a vital part to the success of the Jets line.

If the coaching staff doesn't feel that Kelly Butler can get the job done at RT, then we need Kareem!

As for the LG position... Marco Rivera would be my preference, but I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted someone.

Matt Millen sounds like he doesn't want to do a whole lot in FA, and said that he is content with our current roster. Said that we have players who are young and talented, but need to show it on the field. Hogwash. We need to improve the O-Line and Secondary in FA, so we can draft Heath Miller!

February 28th, 2005, 1:22 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

There weren't many centers in FA available. Certainly nobody I thought was an upgrade of Raiola. IMO, Dominic was beaten regularly in the first half of the year but played decent in the second half (right around when KJ got rolling). I did think, however, that this was a decent draft for centers watching the combine over the weekend.

TMorgan - the more I look at Bass the more I like him. He has good size and showed a good combo of strength and speed at the combine. I also like his versatility along the line (kinda like Woody). My only concerns are that 1) he may not still be on the board by the time the Lions draft in the second round and 2) he played for a lousy program in college. :lol:

February 28th, 2005, 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

I would also like us to fill out OL from the FA pool if possible. Most OL rookies struggle. As weak as the NFC is I want us to challenge this year at least for the NFC North, not waste another year grooming a bunch of young pups at important positions.

That's another reason I would like to see them go after a veteran (but not too veteran) safety. If we could work out a draft day deal with DD it would be nice.

About Baas coming from a terrible school. It is strange how everyone in the state is so polarized. I grew up in the middle of the mitten and went to school at Central Michigan. For some reason I grew up rooting for both U of M and MSU. To some it might sound like I ride the fence. I usually root for both until they play each other. On those occasions I usually root for the team that is doing the best in that sport nationally. Maybe I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I just feel that when both programs are going strong it is a good thing for the whole state.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

February 28th, 2005, 10:57 am
RIP Killer

About Baas coming from a terrible school. It is strange how everyone in the state is so polarized. I grew up in the middle of the mitten and went to school at Central Michigan. For some reason I grew up rooting for both U of M and MSU. To some it might sound like I ride the fence. I usually root for both until they play each other. On those occasions I usually root for the team that is doing the best in that sport nationally. Maybe I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I just feel that when both programs are going strong it is a good thing for the whole state.

I grew up a Michigan fan as a kid but "wised" up late in my teens and ended up going to MSU. If you notice, I added a :lol: after my comments. I also cheer on both schools, unless they are playing each other in which case I'm all green. I just like to throw in comments like that about Michigan for guys like Brian (who lives in An Arbor and is a die hard Wolverines fan).

February 28th, 2005, 11:07 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I grew up a Michigan fan as a kid but "wised" up late in my teens and ended up going to MSU. If you notice, I added a :lol: after my comments. I also cheer on both schools, unless they are playing each other in which case I'm all green. I just like to throw in comments like that about Michigan for guys like Brian (who lives in An Arbor and is a die hard Wolverines fan).

Wised up?

No... you just wanted to party rather than get an education.

:lol:

BTW, I don't cheer for state, nor do I consider them our rivals. They aren't competitive enough in the only sport that matters: Football.

February 28th, 2005, 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

BTW, I don't cheer for state, nor do I consider them our rivals. They aren't competitive enough in the only sport that matters: Football.

If a lucky triple overtime win in the Big House after our QB was knocked out doesn't qualify as competitive - I'd like to know your definition of "competitive" Brian???

Actually, the girls were much better looking at State and I was only 18 at the time. Can you blame me? :wink:

February 28th, 2005, 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Beating the opponent more than once in the past 9 years counts as competitive for me.

Unless of course you want to call that biased clock management crap that happened in 2001, which Sports Illustrated said was wrong and that Michigan was the rightful winner of the game.

February 28th, 2005, 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

Sorry. Didn't mean to start an argument. Sounds like it's good natured though and has been going on a long time.

March 1st, 2005, 7:37 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

I think we paid too much for him, but hey I hope he is an impact player and i am wrong

March 3rd, 2005, 1:51 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]