View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Espn Classic Lions 
Site Admin

Post Espn Classic Lions
They were showing the 1999 Batch/Frerotte season of the lions on ESPN Classic...it made me smile because they were playing sooooo well that season. Our defence was sweet. Luther and Jones in the middle gave us one of the best run defences in the league and Porche was playing great. I could not believe how many big plays Terry Fair was involved as well. Where is that Larry Pecatello (sp?) anyways...I thought he was a pretty darn good dfence coach. Anyways...was a great start to the season...but sad that it was what we have shown for classic :/

All I can say is it made me smile big time when Gus hit that 26 yarder near the end of the game vs St.Louis. It was one of the better moments aside from Barrys 80 yard bursts.

February 28th, 2005, 11:34 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

I saw that as well. It was a nicely put together piece. Stephen Boyd, Schulz and Bryant Westbrook also were big contributors that year. Porcher was a monster. Too bad with all the injuries that they really went into the tank towards the end of the year. Trying to run Schlesinger vs the Redskins, we had no chance in that one. Millen got rid of most the guys pretty quickly once he came onto the scene even though they were actually better in 2000 at 9-7. Still hard to believe a team could hit the bottom so quickly.

February 28th, 2005, 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]