View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 New Free Agents: Let's go shopping boyz 
RIP Killer

Post New Free Agents: Let's go shopping boyz
:shock: here is a list of a bunch of guys recently released and a few comments on each. Lot's of interesting names on this list. Let's go shopping - anyone you want to see next season in Motown?

Packers: OG Mirk Wahle - only 28, best FA OL available - GET HIM
Packers: C Grey Ruegamer - mostly a backup in GB
Broncos: OG Dan Neil - big part of mile-high rushing attack - HUMM
Pats: CB Ty Law - former Wolverine can still play when healthy
Pats: WR Troy Brown - depth chart? plays WR, KR, PR & CB
Pats: LB Roman Phifer - hurt much of the season
Cowboys: LB Dexter Coakly - former all-pro still has speed, 32
Bucs: QB Brad Johnson - 2-time All Pro w/ Super Bowl win
Bucs: WR Joe Jurevicius - tore knee ligament in 2003 season
Raiders: OL Frank Middleton - tore left quadriceps muscle
Raiders: S Ray Buchanan - limited by injuries last few years
Raiders: TE Roland Williams - had couple go arounds with OAK
49ers: DE Brandon Whiting - the guy they got in the TO trade
Panthers: QB Rodney Peete - drafted by Leo's in same year as Barry (89)
Panthers: OG Doug Brzezinski - started 8 games till a broken hip
Browns: S Robert Griffith - 34-year-old was teams leading tackler (157)
Seahawks: WR Jerry Rice - the GOAT is how old now?
Steelers: CB Chad Scott - 6-year starter seasons b4 knee injury
Steelers: TE Jay Riemersma - 31 and not very productive anymore
Eagles: LB Nate Wayne - still young, started 23 of 32 games in Philly
Chargers: WR - Tim Dwight - collapsed lung in 01 & 03 seasons
Dolphins: QB Jay Fiedler - somehow won a lot, until this year
Dolphins: S rturo Freeman - can play a bit a a position of need in DET
Chiefs: DE Vonnie Holliday - Pack's #1 pick (19th) in 98' draft

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

March 2nd, 2005, 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Send a boat, a plane, a limo, bus, anything and everything to get him to Detroit!
Where is Nitske why did the Pack let him go?

March 2nd, 2005, 8:35 am
RIP Killer

Wahle cost a buttload...and by a buttload I mean almost 11 Mil against their cap. That's why they dumped him. Rivera is a FA as well...I think either one would be good. Wahle will be looking for a monster contract and Rivera costs less. Rivera is a couple years younger and I think would be a better fit (especially at a cheaper rate). It's too bad Rivera wants to stay in GB as long as Favre's there...

I like the idea of signing Wahle to a big contract (gobs of money towards the end), drafting a decent OG and letting the newbie take over in 2 years. Then cut Wahle when his checks get too large.

March 2nd, 2005, 9:11 am
Site Admin

I think Wahle would have a big impact on our offensive prodcution. I think as with any QB, if you give Joey time he can make plays.

March 2nd, 2005, 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

It's almost too bad we did land Fernado "F-E-R-N-A-N-D-O...that's fun to say!" last year. Seems like a good amount of solid CBs available.

March 2nd, 2005, 11:22 am
Site Admin

If Wahle isn't realistic how about guys like Kareem McKenzie, Jonas Jennings, or Ryan Diem? They are not yet considered top tier cause they are pretty young but they seem like all young solid tackles to replace Stockar.

March 2nd, 2005, 11:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Isn't Wahle listed as a OG? Either way, I think any one of those guys could easily replace Stockar. I personally like McKenzie because he's bigger and hasn't had an injury.

Diem is off the board...2/21
"The Colts locked up their right tackle for the next seven years by signing Ryan Diem to a seven-year deal worth a little more than $36 million. Included in the deal are signing and option bonuses in excess of $10 million a year."

March 2nd, 2005, 12:23 pm
Site Admin

There is also a 3rd year kid from New England (Tom Ashworth) who seems pretty solid.

March 2nd, 2005, 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Wahle cost a buttload...and by a buttload I mean almost 11 Mil against their cap. That's why they dumped him. Rivera is a FA as well...I think either one would be good. Wahle will be looking for a monster contract and Rivera costs less. Rivera is a couple years younger and I think would be a better fit (especially at a cheaper rate). It's too bad Rivera wants to stay in GB as long as Favre's there...

I like the idea of signing Wahle to a big contract (gobs of money towards the end), drafting a decent OG and letting the newbie take over in 2 years. Then cut Wahle when his checks get too large.

Just thought i would correct you. Rivera is 32, Wahle is 28. Although Rivera will be cheaper(even though he has made 3 pro bowls, wahle has none. :?: ) If you guys are looking for a long term player, wahle is the way to go. As for Rivera being a FA, the packers are upping thier offer to him, as for wahle, i think he might be a product of Brieghtol being one of the best OL coachs in the NFL. Hell, he made ruegy look like he could be a true starter after 3 games. LOL. If you guys can get Wahle, go for it. Better you than those GD bears

March 2nd, 2005, 1:11 pm
Site Admin

I really think there are other cheaper/younger options than Wahle. One of these guys that are in their 3rd or 4th year would be best IMO and much cheaper most likely. We need a OT cause Stockar is prolly going to leave. I am not one to wait for him cause if he wants to go...let him. I would also rather get a good deal on a young guy and then have money for an additional solid Guard or something than putting our eggs all in one guy. There are some great Olines that don't loose a step when players leave...I think that is what we really need to be concerned with...put together a system or chemistry or whatever it is.

They could do so of this!

March 2nd, 2005, 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Off topic: Does anyone else find it strange that the Cards have given Josh McCown a first round tender? A first round tender who was benched for Shaun King and John Navarre!

March 9th, 2005, 2:01 pm
QB Coach

Off topic: Does anyone else find it strange that the Cards have given Josh McCown a first round tender? A first round tender who was benched for Shaun King and John Navarre!

Did anyone find it funny how last year the Lions gave McMahon a first round tender?

March 9th, 2005, 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I find both of those strange and funny :?

March 9th, 2005, 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]