View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 3:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 ESPN FA Ratings 
RIP Killer

Post ESPN FA Ratings
I was looking at how ESPN rated the FAs this year...not fully up to date since Walter Jones is back with the Seahawks, but here it is. http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

They have Stephen Alexander as the second best TE in FA. They rated Bubba Franks at 76 and Alexander at 74...Maybe it's just the fact that I think Alexander is terrible, but he's not the second best TE in FA, IMO.

Also is says that Rick Mirer's 2005 team is the Lions. What the....? I really hope that's a mistake on ESPN's behalf...He's no more than a roster slot.

March 2nd, 2005, 11:45 am
RIP Killer

There aren't many good FA TEs out there, but I'm surprised Alexander is listed 2nd behind Franks. If that is really the case, we need to go TE in the draft at some point.

I don't see Mirer back with the Loins at all. Especially if they sign another veteran QB - then they need to go with a development QB as the third QB.

March 2nd, 2005, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm not a fan of any TE in FA. I do like Anthony Becht more than anyone else though...don't know why. I would like to see Fitz start and draft a decent TE...even though no one in the draft really impresses me. Joel Dressen from CO St could be a steal in a late round.

This is from the draft countdown site regarding Dressen.
Strengths: Is an excellent receiving threat...Has good hands and can make the difficult catch...Runs solid routes...Decent athletic ability...Productive and has a lot of experience...Hard worker...Tough and competitive...Also long-snaps.
Weaknesses: Doesn't have ideal size...Lacks elite speed to stretch the field and get down the seam on a consistent basis...Battled some injuries as a junior but played through them for the most part...Isn't a great blocker...Needs to get stronger.
Notes: Could excel in an H-Back role in the NFL...May need to be in the right scheme to succeed...Underrated player who could be a steal for some team looking for a pass catching tight end.

March 2nd, 2005, 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]