View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 NY Post reports 4 Pistons East All-Star Reserves 
Bubbles the Lion

Post NY Post reports 4 Pistons East All-Star Reserves
Got this off the NY Post website.
Quote:
EAST ALL-STAR RESERVES REVEALED

By PETER VECSEY

February 9, 2006 -- The Nets' Vince Carter and four Pistons are among the seven Eastern All-Star reserves to be officially announced today, The Post has learned.

But in a huge surprise, the Wizards' Gilbert Arenas, the fifth-leading scorer in the league, was left off the reserve squad in voting by Eastern coaches.

That could be remedied, however, when Commissioner David Stern personally selects the replacement for injured starter Jermaine O'Neal of the Pacers.

Carter joins Pistons Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton as reserves.

Tayshaun Prince is the only Piston starter not selected.

Also on the East's reserve squad are two surprises, from struggling teams ? Paul Pierce of the Celtics and Chris Bosh of the Raptors.

Besides O'Neal, fans voted as East starters: Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade of the Heat, LeBron James of the Cavs and Allen Iverson of the Sixers.

The West starters are Houston's Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant of the Lakers, Tim Duncan of the Spurs and Steve Nash of the Suns.

The West reserves were not available.

I think you have to register to see it but here's the link anyways. http://www.nypost.com/sports/63247.htm

February 9th, 2006, 1:00 pm
RIP Killer

February 9th, 2006, 1:06 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Wow, I'm surprised Rasheed was voted in over Arenas. I was expecting Rasheed to get in as the injury replacement for Oneal. Either way, I'm glad that 4 Pistons made it. I think they really deserve it.

Tim

February 9th, 2006, 1:20 pm
Site Admin

I think there is a mistake because I think Rasheed is the injury replacement for O'Neal.

February 9th, 2006, 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

No mistake it's official now four Pistons named as reserves, David Stern hasn't named the replacement for O'Neal yet. It should for sure be Arenas, and I don't think Bosh deserves to be there. He gets crazy stats cus he's the only good player on one of the worst teams in the league, the fans are supposed to vote players like that in not the coaches. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are both garbage picks too, their teams are awful and thats why they put up the numbers they do. Chris Paul no doubt should've made the team over Allen, his team has as many wins now as they did all last year with virtually all the same players.

Here's the rest of the picks...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2325082

February 9th, 2006, 10:51 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Pistons have been great this season. They deserve to go, I cant wait for the game now knowing they will all be there.

Though I HATE Wade, Flip should play him with the piston four to show us all what might have been had it not been for Darko.

February 10th, 2006, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pistons have been great this season. They deserve to go, I cant wait for the game now knowing they will all be there.

Though I HATE Wade, Flip should play him with the piston four to show us all what might have been had it not been for Darko.

Why do you hate Wade? I like him, he isn't bigheaded, and he seems like a nice guy.

February 10th, 2006, 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

lionlover2005 wrote:

Why do you hate Wade? I like him, he isn't bigheaded, and he seems like a nice guy.

Alot has to do with the con. championship last year and Wades excessive flopping during the series.

I really dont think Rasheed should have made it, i think Dwight Howard deserved it more he has powered that Magic team, if not for Howard that team would be truely terrible. However Billups and Hamilton both deserved it after being snubbed the past couple years. And of course Big Ben is a no brainer for the all-star team.

February 12th, 2006, 5:18 pm
Baton Girl

haha tayshaun was only starter that didn't make it

February 12th, 2006, 8:42 pm
RIP Killer

Anyone notice how the Stones seemed to be the only players on either side of the ball playing D?

The announcers kept saying how the game got much closer when the Pistons came in and how they should be putting the Pistons back in lol.

February 20th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]