View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Has Mike McMahon made any progress since his rookie year? 
All State

Post Has Mike McMahon made any progress since his rookie year?
if joey goes down the lions are in serious trouble. mcmahon hasnt seemed to improve at all since he was a rookie. he can run but is still at 42% passer. he scares me everytime he goes back to pass.

August 16th, 2004, 10:28 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Looks like the same old McMike to me. On the bright side - Joey has proven to be a pretty durable QB so far.

August 16th, 2004, 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Looks like the same old McMike to me. On the bright side - Joey has proven to be a pretty durable QB so far.

Yeah, but he injured his thumb if I remember correctly and he missed games due to an irregular heartbeat. McMahon looks horrible.

BTW, there is a game on ESPN tonight! Seahawks vs. Packers 8:00pm.

August 16th, 2004, 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Mike has a ways to go. The only way he will get better is if he gets more snaps in pratice.

August 21st, 2004, 11:20 am
Varsity 1st Team

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

August 21st, 2004, 2:09 pm
Stats Boy

Has he improved? I think so. Does that translate into a QB everyone is comfortable with? Nope. McMike went from being elevated to a Starter to backup in two short months. Two months that no games were played. He finished the season a Starter and was replaced the following draft. His next camp saw him losing reps to a Rookie and this surely must have affected his outlook on the game.

Is it his fault that he is always asked to perform and gain results with teamates that are 2nd or 3rd stringers then when he gets a chance to play with the #1 guys his ability to connect seems rusty? I know that this scenario is played out by nearly every second string QB in the league but stop and look around and tell me how many other franchises have a better backup than McMike. I am willing to guess only a handful but less than two handfuls of franchises have a backup that post consistantly better numbers.

Mooch

August 23rd, 2004, 7:02 am
Bubbles the Lion

Post Too High and Too Low
Lets be real...he's not that good, otherwise he would be starting and he had his shot. BUT let's be real...he's not that bad, he didn't play so well in against Pitt but rebounded against Cleveland. He is what he is...a second string QB, and second string QBs aren't that good or they wouldn't be second string!

August 28th, 2004, 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]