View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Detroit was after Rivera- Signed with Dallas 
QB Coach

Post Detroit was after Rivera- Signed with Dallas
Pffff... another Millen blunder.

Still, there are quality offensive guards left in free agency.

Rick Demulling
Cosey Coleman
Jermaine Mayberry
Chris Gray

Any of those signings I would approve of!

March 4th, 2005, 2:29 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don't know about a blunder...Dallas gave him a $10 mil signing bonus. I don't think Detroit could afford him at that price.

March 4th, 2005, 5:43 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I really would have liked the Lions to make a better pitch to get either Rivera or Wahle. I have this bad feeling that with all of these OL signings the team is just gonna be content resigning McDougle. He wanted to test the market, well most of the quality lineman have signed. I dont think he is gonna get the type of money he thought he would in free agency.

March 4th, 2005, 6:59 am
RIP Killer

By letting all of these big time OL slip away to other teams in FA, Millen is probably looking at resinging McDougle and taking a big nasty very early on in the draft IMO. He's getting a decent tackle at a decent price (Stockar isn't worth that much) and doesn't want to play a price war for big names.

March 4th, 2005, 12:13 pm
Site Admin

There are guys still out there...I am not to worried.

OT Kareem McKenzie
OG Cosey Coleman
OG Rick DeMulling

but aren't we after an OT and not OGs anyways???

I do admit, I am a bit confused because the Lions seem to have a wealth of cap space available and I would have thought they were going to be more agressive. Also remember that many times there are good quality vets cut in the summer as well.

March 4th, 2005, 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

Like Big Daddy Wilkenson a couple of years ago.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 4th, 2005, 12:33 pm
RIP Killer

but aren't we after an OT and not OGs anyways???

The Lions are after both, they need a left guard and right tackle. The current lineup looks like:

LT - Backus
LG - Matt Joyce or David Loverne
C - Raiola
RG - Woody
RT - Kelly Butler

With Backus a FA next year, the Lions would be smart to get a tackle in the draft that can replace him. If it is a high draft pick, he might play RT this year and move to LT next year. Left guard most likely needs to be addressed in FA.

March 4th, 2005, 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I don't know about you, but I think there's quite a few OGs out there that would be an upgrade from Joyce/Loverne. We need both. I think everyone's surpised how laxed M&M are being in FA considering the cap space available...even singing back their own UFAs, RFAs, etc. They just better not pick up the scraps near the end to fill the roster. I do like waiting and seeing what unfolds at SS, but there's other positions to worry about. At least meet with players, show interest.

March 4th, 2005, 12:34 pm
Site Admin

I read somewhere (prolly here) that some owners meeting or something really screwed up scheduling. The lions have been great the last couple of years being on top of FA and getting guys in and never letting them go. I will try and find the article.

March 4th, 2005, 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I hope Elton Brown will fill that guard spot. RT I hope for anyone better than Kelley Butler.

March 4th, 2005, 1:07 pm
League MVP

How about trading out of Round 1 this year and a shot at D'brickashaw Ferguson next year? I thought you might like that Lionsfanva

March 5th, 2005, 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]