View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Lions Constipated 
NFL Team Captain

Post Lions Constipated
Is it my imagination or is ther a total lack of movement on the Lions part in the FA market? The longer they wait to make a move the fewer options they have. We already have an over abundance of mediocare players, why wait until we are looking at the bottom of the barrel. Granted most players are not beating on the door to come to Motown but we could atleast give them a reason. Did we even talk to Rivera, Whale(probably spelled that wrong). Did we show Kennedy the money? Why is Garcia still shopping his talents? Are we waiting for Batch to come home? We need a reciever, Troy Brown is the ultimate team player or maybe we can get Bill back. Didn't mean to ramble on but does anybody know what the M&M boys have planned, if they have a plan

Give it me your thoughts, cause mine are making me crazy.

Regards Jomo

March 6th, 2005, 9:53 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Lions Constipated
jomo269 wrote:
Did we even talk to Rivera, Whale(probably spelled that wrong). Did we show Kennedy the money? Why is Garcia still shopping his talents? Are we waiting for Batch to come home? We need a reciever, Troy Brown is the ultimate team player or maybe we can get Bill back.

We had a visit scheduled with Rivera, the day after he signed with the Cowboys. Millen tried to get him. He was their #1 priority, and they tried to get him.

I don't know about Kennedy and his money... he was supposed to visit today and tomorrow.

Millen doesn't want Garcia... which is why he wasn't signed so soon.

Troy Brown doesn't want to come here. He wants to go back to New England. This team also doesn't want to sign old free agents.

Also, we are forgetting the fact that we kept Shaun Rogers and Dominic Raiola. Had we lost Raiola, things this FA could have been ugly. If Rogers was just franchised, he could have held out. The fact that we kept our two best free agents, and signed them to 5+ year deals, is great. The Lions usually let their upper tier free agents walk, because they can't keep them (Barrett Green, Chris Claiborne, David Sloan, Jeff Hartings).

March 6th, 2005, 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

We do have some decent FA coming...Kennedy, Warner, Rick Demulling, Corey Bradford, Marcus Pollard all within the next week.

March 6th, 2005, 10:33 pm
All State

conversation02 - warner signed with the cardinals already - he isn't visiting.

jomo - i agree with you for the most part. the team has needs and hasn't filled them yet. they have done a good job with signing their own free agents (rogers, raiola, curry). if they add one of the safeties (darius or kennedy) soon, then i can chill a bit. an offensive lineman would be nice as well. they could be stuck with mcdougle again at right tackle.

this lack of movement is worse than a wedgie in my spidey suit... :evil:

March 7th, 2005, 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think they have plans to go after Kennedy for sure. I also think they are going to go after more depth than the top names at this point. Injuries are such a huge part of the game and you look at teams like NE that can keep rolling with a Ty Law going down. It's fine to have a couple studs but you cannot sign every big name available. I think it is a much more sound strategy than just buying the top guys. Really safety is our big need. Outside of that its more of questionable depth. There are plenty of really good olinmen available and I think we will fill our line out without having to break the bank.

March 7th, 2005, 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]