View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Darko headed out of Detroit... 

What lies in Darko's future?
NBA Flop 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
NBA Star 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
6th man 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11

Darko headed out of Detroit... 
Bubbles the Lion

Post Darko headed out of Detroit...
Darko is supposedly being shopped around by Joe D, here's the latest trade scenario which sounds just terrible to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2331049

February 15th, 2006, 12:35 am
Post Re: Darko headed out of Detroit...
Matt_MIllen wrote:
Darko is supposedly being shopped around by Joe D, here's the latest trade scenario which sounds just terrible to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2331049

Personally I think that trade sux too... It does deepen our bench for playoffs and that's the ONLY good thing I see about it... The draft pick is nice, but our picks don't usually make the roster anyhow... The last early draft pick to make the team and play and significance was Tayshaun Price in '02... That might be in part due to Darko's poor play, and trading our 05 pick in the Sheed deal, but still.... our roster is too deep to have an unproven rookie on the bench... Last season Smoosh played very well in some instances and he's playing fairly well in LA... Still I don't think Joe D messed up by getting rid of him... the kid would have just rotted here... I see the same thing with our future picks... sure it would be nice to get Orlando's pick, and it would be great if it was top 10... but still, what's the chances of the kid contributing??? Very little IMO... we're going to get someone else that will be riding the pine.. sure it would be nice to groom some future talent, but IMO draft picks aren't what this team needs....

If I was making a trade with Orlando, I think I would try to get Deshaun Stevenson.... It might be nice to get a three way trade started so they can dump francis and we can ship Arroyo... and try to pick up a PG from the third team... but I'm not done on Arroyo just yet...

February 15th, 2006, 2:54 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think that this trade would be good for both the Pistons and Darko. We get cap space and dead weight, and Darko gets a chance to prove himself. I don't think he will do any good, but he should get the chance, and there is no way he will get it here, with the wallaces, dice, davis, and maxille(sp). I would go for it.

February 15th, 2006, 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think it's a decent deal as well as long as Lindsey can hold up though. I am not worried about losing Darko at all but as long as Orlando reduces the amount of protection on the pick I would do it. They are going to continue to suck and with one of the worst records in the NBA they could get a nice pick. I trust Joe more as a trader than a drafter though. Maybe he should really outsource his drafts :?

February 15th, 2006, 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

This is pretty much a done trade as long as Orlando agrees not to have the pick protected if they happen to get a top 7 pick. That is the only snag at this point. This would free up money to resign both Ben and Chauncey and give Hunter some playing time since Arroyo is also involved in the trade. I like Arroyo but we need to have the cap space to resign Ben and Chauncey and keep our core together. I'm really not concerned with what Cato can or can't give me this year. That is what we signed Davis for anyway.

As for Darko, Joe is just finally giving in to the mistake of drafting him and wants to bring it to an end and also give us something in return. Darko would have not been retained after this year anyway and it is better to at least get something in return for him now. A 1st round pick next year, especially since we don't have one, sounds good to me.

Tim

February 15th, 2006, 4:33 pm

Maybe he should really outsource his drafts :?

If only we could have Thomas draft and Joe D. do everything else.

headbang.gif

February 15th, 2006, 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

The trade winds up being nothing more than a wash.

Darko was lottery pick they are trading him for another lottery pick that may or may not work out either.

They gave up their cap room when they took on Arroyo's contract now they are dumping him to get that cap space back.

It doesn't solve the Pistons backup PG problem or help them with scorinig off the bench.

BUT IF IT WILL SHUT UP PISTON FANS ABOUT CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT DARKO THEN I'M ALL FOR IT.

February 15th, 2006, 5:37 pm

BUT IF IT WILL SHUT UP PISTON FANS ABOUT CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT DARKO THEN I'M ALL FOR IT.

:lol:

LOL, well, if he would produce we wouldn't complain.

February 15th, 2006, 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

It's unfair to judge Darko.... kinda like how its unfair to judge BMW.

Darko needs to still prove himself. He will get a starting job in Orlando and he will do great. I will be rooting for him.

February 15th, 2006, 6:51 pm

It's unfair to judge Darko.... kinda like how its unfair to judge BMW.

Darko needs to still prove himself. He will get a starting job in Orlando and he will do great. I will be rooting for him.

I don't know about that. He is consitantly lazy and without energy when he hits the floor. I don't care what situation it is, when you are a professional athlethe and you aren't busting your butt to perform, you don't deserve playing time.

February 15th, 2006, 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
I would like to see us trade our first round pick, or even Orlando's first round pick for Mike James...

Rumor is he's on the trading block... only snag is he's set to make over 4 mill a year... We can afford him... but it's not entirely fair compared to what the rest of the team is making... I wouldn't even be opposed to trading both first rounders for him if they eat a bunch of his salary... I say that with the mid-set that our draft picks really have little chance of making the squad and contributing...

February 15th, 2006, 10:54 pm

I would like to see us trade our first round pick, or even Orlando's first round pick for Mike James...

That would be awesome, having Hunter and James reunited. I don't know if it will happen though. Its a good thought.

February 15th, 2006, 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

yahoo.com wrote:
Pistons trade Milicic to Magic

February 15, 2006
ORLANDO, Florida (Ticker) - The Darko Milicic experiment in Detroit is over.

The Detroit Pistons traded Milicic and guard Carlos Arroyo to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday for center Kelvin Cato and a future first-round pick.

Since being selected second overall in the 2003 draft, the 20-year-old Milicic has been a major bust, only seeing limited playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yes No
Yes No

Yes No

The 7-foot Milicic has played in 25 games this season, averaging 1.5 points and 1.1 rebounds. The native of Serbia & Montenegro has averaged just 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds in 96 career games.

Despite missing on Milicic, the Pistons have won an NBA title and come within a quarter of capturing another since drafting him.

Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, who are emerging stars, all were drafted behind Milicic in 2003. Bosh and Wade made the Eastern Conference All-Star team this season.

Arroyo, who was the Pistons' backup point guard behind Chauncey Billups, became expendable with the return of Lindsey Hunter, who made his season debut Tuesday.

In 50 games this season, Arroyo has averaged 3.2 points and 3.1 assists. The five-year veteran has career averages of 6.4 points and 3.4 assists in 272 career games.

The 6-11 Cato gives the Pistons a veteran big man off bench. He is averaging 3.8 points and 2.7 rebounds in 23 games this season.

In his ninth season, Cato has career averages of 5.6 points and 5.5 rebounds in 519 games.

The pick acquired by Detroit is top-five protected in 2007, but unprotected in 2008.

February 15th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

I like that idea of trying to bring James back in. He's a free agent after this season so the Raptors are trying to move him just so they can get something in return for him instead of him just leaving at the end of the season. He comes off the books at the end of the season so I dont see the money situation being an issue because thats what arroyo was scheduled to make. Lets drop Cato (he's not gonna play for the rest of the season IMO) and rescoop ELDEN CAMPBELL!!! Then trade the pick for Mike James or possibly the pick and Cato for James.

February 16th, 2006, 12:37 am
QB Coach

I can't believe we are actually getting something for him, that's amazing.

February 16th, 2006, 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next