View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 10:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How do you get pictures under your signature? 
Bubbles the Lion

Post How do you get pictures under your signature?
Can someone tell me how to get the pictures under your siganture? I can do it with the Avatar but not under my signature.

Thanks!

October 26th, 2005, 8:38 pm
Site Admin

You go into your profile and find the link to the picture you desire

like so

Code:
[img]http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif[/img]

complete with image tag. In your profile is a signature box...just place the img link with tag in there.

October 26th, 2005, 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

October 27th, 2005, 7:34 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'm still cornfused. I just figured out the avatar and still dont get the signature box. I'm assuming if you write a message in there it will come up after every post on the bottom of the screen? If you want a picture plus text in with it you put [img]URL[/img] then your text and submit?

February 18th, 2006, 5:07 pm
RIP Killer

I'm still cornfused. I just figured out the avatar and still dont get the signature box. I'm assuming if you write a message in there it will come up after every post on the bottom of the screen? If you want a picture plus text in with it you put [img]URL[/img] then your text and submit?

That's correct. Whatever you write in the sig box will show up under every one of your posts (we recommend a compact sig so it doesn't take up like 8 lines). If you would like a picture, just use the IMG command [img]URL%20HERE[/img]

February 18th, 2006, 5:15 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Yes!

Go to your profile page and enter it into the 'Signature' area. (about half way down the page).

February 18th, 2006, 5:16 pm
Profile WWW

February 18th, 2006, 5:39 pm

How do u get the text in with picture and why is there space inbetween my signature and bottom of the post??

February 18th, 2006, 6:24 pm
RIP Killer

You probably added a couple spaces between the last [/img] comment. Just click delete a bunch of times and make sure there's no spaces..

OR...

What possibly happened is that wherever the picture is that you linked to, could have some spaces under the image and the whole thing is the IMG.

You can only add text to the picture itself if you have some sort of photo editing program such as the GIMP or Adobe Photoshop...or the picture you find already has text in it. Since you can't upload pictures on the site, you have to save the picture, load it to the web (photobucket.com), and link to that picture.

February 18th, 2006, 7:44 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

like so

Code:
[img]http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif[/img]

complete with image tag. In your profile is a signature box...just place the img link with tag in there.

What do I need to do, to change my sig text size and color, like yours Alpha?
So I can take up less space with my text and be more visualy appealing?

February 20th, 2006, 3:39 am
Hall of Fame Player

theAlphaMale wrote:

like so

Code:

wi7son

You need to place the size codes " [ size=9] [/size] " and the color codes " [ color=blue] [/color] " around your text. They're not available on the profile page so you have to copy and paste from here or another post input screen.

NOTE: That in order for me to show them to you here I had to type them incorrectly on purpose. I manufactured a space between the "[" and the "s" in "[size=9]"; and also placed a space between the "[" and "c" in "[color=blue]". If I remove those spaces here - the codes disappear - and you can't see them. You'll need to remove the spaces when you cut and paste (and change the color too if you desire).

Also, Alpha will consider you "more visually appealing" if you keep your sig dimensions under 175 pixels high and if you wear a pink tutu (he like that a lot). :lol:

February 20th, 2006, 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

wi7son wrote:
theAlphaMale wrote:

like so

Code:

wi7son

You need to place the size codes " [ size=9] [/size] " and the color codes " [ color=blue] [/color] " around your text. They're not available on the profile page so you have to copy and paste from here or another post input screen.

NOTE: That in order for me to show them to you here I had to type them incorrectly on purpose. I manufactured a space between the "[" and the "s" in ""; and also placed a space between the "[" and "c" in "". If I remove those spaces here - the codes disappear - and you can't see them. You'll need to remove the spaces when you cut and paste (and change the color too if you desire).

Also, Alpha will consider you "more visually appealing" if you keep your sig dimensions under 175 pixels high and if you wear a pink tutu (he like that a lot). :lol:

Ok, I think i follow.

So if I wanted to change the size and color, in the sig text would it go somthing like this?

"[ size=9][ color=blue]sig text here"

or will do i need to put a comma or somthing inbetween
[ size=9][ color=blue] the breaks ][

February 20th, 2006, 4:39 am
Red Shirt Freshman

wi7son wrote:
theAlphaMale wrote:

like so

Code:

wi7son

NOTE: That in order for me to show them to you here I had to type them incorrectly on purpose. I manufactured a space between the "[" and the "s" in "[size=9]"; and also placed a space between the "[" and "c" in "[color=blue]". If I remove those spaces here - the codes disappear - and you can't see them. You'll need to remove the spaces when you cut and paste (and change the color too if you desire).

w00t, n/m I got it. Thank you for helping me with this. Im HTML disabled. As far as the 175 pixel high, I dont have a program I can change my image size in, due to im limited to a laptop and dont have enough memory to install my Adobe CS2 suite, Do you know off any sites that I can edit image size in? Or I hate to ask, is there anyway you could edit it and email it to me?

Thanks again for the help.

February 20th, 2006, 4:47 am
Hall of Fame Player

Ok, I think i follow.

So if I wanted to change the size and color, in the sig text would it go somthing like this?

"[ size=9][ color=blue]sig text here[/size][/color]"

Almost.

You had... "[ size=9][ color=blue]sig text here[/size][/color]"

It needs to be symmetrical - size on the outside, color on inside or vice versa.

Like this... "[ size=9][ color=blue]sig text here[/color][/size]"

February 20th, 2006, 4:53 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

wi7son wrote:

Ok, I think i follow.

"[ size=9][ color=blue]sig text here[/size][/color]"

Almost.

You had... "[ size=9][ color=blue]sig text here[/size][/color]"

It needs to be symmetrical - size on the outside, color on inside or vice versa.

Like this... "[ size=9][ color=blue]sig text here[/color][/size]"

Perfect. Got it. Do you think my sig height pixel is to tall, or should it be ok?

February 20th, 2006, 4:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next