View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Lionbacker Team Page 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Lionbacker Team Page
Well as most probably know by now, Lionbacker is growing into probably if not already the #1 Lions site, even over the official site DetroitLions.com.

I just wanted to make the suggestion, and the Lionbacker staff may have there reasons, but I would love to see the Team Page be more extensive and detailed, somewhat like we have at the official page. But I think there is much more that can be done then even theirs, IE. Player Photos, Player Articles, Contract status, BIO, Highlights.

I relize that this would be alot of work, and some of these things we already have, just may not all be easily accesible. And there are probably reasons you guys havnt went into this much detail with the Roster page.

I just thought it would be somthing neat, and just soldify my 1 stop for all my Lions needs.

But if there is anything we as members could do to help acheive this, please let me know. Would love to see it.

February 20th, 2006, 4:27 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lionbacker Team Page
wi7son wrote:
Well as most probably know by now, Lionbacker is growing into probably if not already the #1 Lions site, even over the official site DetroitLions.com.

I just wanted to make the suggestion, and the Lionbacker staff may have there reasons, but I would love to see the Team Page be more extensive and detailed, somewhat like we have at the official page. But I think there is much more that can be done then even theirs, IE. Player Photos, Player Articles, Contract status, BIO, Highlights.

I relize that this would be alot of work, and some of these things we already have, just may not all be easily accesible. And there are probably reasons you guys havnt went into this much detail with the Roster page.

I just thought it would be somthing neat, and just soldify my 1 stop for all my Lions needs.

But if there is anything we as members could do to help acheive this, please let me know. Would love to see it.

Good suggestion wi7son. I've looked at this before and obviously it is a lot of work with a nearly 80-man roster in the off season that can go through quite a few changes until September arrives.

We haven't tried to duplicate the official site - they wouldn't be too happy with us if we did. We also can't copy the bios, etc., since that is copywrited material.

This is something I would consider doing in the real off season (May - August) if members were willing to put together the bios. Any takers?

February 20th, 2006, 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Good suggestion wi7son. I've looked at this before and obviously it is a lot of work with a nearly 80-man roster in the off season that can go through quite a few changes until September arrives.

We haven't tried to duplicate the official site - they wouldn't be too happy with us if we did. We also can't copy the bios, etc., since that is copywrited material.

This is something I would consider doing in the real off season (May - August) if members were willing to put together the bios. Any takers?

Something I could definately work on (when summer comes)...but I won't have a fluff job this summer though (no more LB at work :x :x ).

February 20th, 2006, 3:59 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Something I could definately work on (when summer comes)...but I won't have a fluff job this summer though (no more LB at work :x :x ).

CO2,

I'm sorry to hear you got fired from your job as a fluffer.

That's to bad.

j/k :twisted:

February 20th, 2006, 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]