View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Phillip Rivers 
QB Coach

Unrelated point, but since we are talking about San Diego, it was a great move to re-sign LT and make him the highest paid RB in the NFL. Chargers fans can be at ease now that they know their only star player won't walk on them.

August 14th, 2004, 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Unrelated point, but since we are talking about San Diego, it was a great move to re-sign LT and make him the highest paid RB in the NFL. Chargers fans can be at ease now that they know their only star player won't walk on them.

Looks like Tomlinson could wind up looking "Barry Sanderesque" in the sense that he will probably be a perennial pro bowler on a team that appears to be heading nowhere, soon. However, in today's world, I wouldn't be too sure about him "not walking".

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

August 15th, 2004, 9:45 am
Cheerleader

Looks like Tomlinson could wind up looking "Barry Sanderesque" in the sense that he will probably be a perennial pro bowler on a team that appears to be heading nowhere, soon. However, in today's world, I wouldn't be too sure about him "not walking".

Obviously you don't know the sort of person Tomlinson is. He's already stated that San Diedo is going to be his career team and that he wants to be a part of the Chargers core players when they 'turn the team around.' LT is a good guy.

August 15th, 2004, 12:32 pm
Profile YIM
Stadium Announcer

Obviously you don't know the sort of person Tomlinson is. He's already stated that San Diedo is going to be his career team and that he wants to be a part of the Chargers core players when they 'turn the team around.' LT is a good guy.

David,

No, I certainly do not know Tomlinson personally. And if you do, I certainly will defer to your insider perspective. I can only imagine that his frustration level would have to increase if SD continues to founder in the future.

My comments were just a general characterization of modern day players as a whole.

I am also not overly influenced by player rhetoric. I have heard that or a similar litany from any number of players, including TO.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

August 15th, 2004, 2:35 pm
RIP Killer

Well it looks like the deal is finally done. Reports have Rivers and the Chargers agreeing to a six year deal.

August 24th, 2004, 12:11 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

It was a stupid career move by Rivers to hold out this long. He may have just lost his starting QB job for the season to Drew Brees, who is tearing it up in the pre-season and has the confidence of a starting QB in the NFL. Boy would it be something if Brees broke out this season and established himself as the true #1 QB on that team.

August 24th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2