View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 10:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Sharper to be released? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Sharper to be released?
John Clayton said on the Mike and Mike show on ESPN that he expects the Packers to release Darren Sharper in the next 10 days as he is due a large roster bonus. Seems like other teams in the division keep losing players and the Lions and Bears are the only teams improving. :idea: :idea: :idea:

March 8th, 2005, 11:03 am
RIP Killer

I'm not sure the Vikings are going to be worse off. They have upgraded their defense and are in the running for Plax at WR. If they sign him, that will allow them to add to the defense with their 2 first round draft picks.

Chicago has certainly made a few moves and should improve next year.

Green Bay is the big question mark in the division. Their defense cannot afford to lose sharper IMO. The offensive line has been devastated with the loss of both guards. It will be interesting to see if that plays into Favre's plans to return or not.

I'd say the NFCN is wide open next season, but what divisions aren't?

March 8th, 2005, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think the Vikes aren't interested in Plax and will take a WR in the draft (Clayton at 18). I have heard that the Rams are interested in Sharper (to be released March 12) and a visit is expected soon after.

"Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports the St. Louis Rams may be interested in acquiring Green Bay Packers FS Darren Sharper, who is expected to be released by Green Bay before he is a due a $2.6 million roster bonus Saturday, March 12."

I think GB will finally finish last in the division since...I don't even know when. Chicago will have a good offense next year assuming they take another elite wideout in the draft. They've been bulking up their trashy OL as well. Gonna be a tough division next year with GB at the bottom of the barrell. I just don't see how they can fix all of their problems...especially since both starting OG leaving can't help Favre's decision to return.

March 8th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Yeah, I can just picture Favre down home in Louisiana last week watching ESPN and seeing that the Pack had cut both of his Guards. I can see the look on his face and read his mind. I would love to see a picture of his expression. If they bring in 2 rookies or has beens. He's going to be dead. If they are going into a rebuilding mode he might as well call it quits.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 8th, 2005, 2:20 pm
QB Coach

I'd say the NFCN is wide open next season, but what divisions aren't?

The NFC West...

You gotta like the Cardinals :wink:

March 8th, 2005, 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

By the way, I was referring to Clayton being taken at 18, not 1 or 7 since it ranomly inserted that stupid smiley face.

March 8th, 2005, 4:28 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

By the way, I was referring to Clayton being taken at 18, not 1 or 7 since it ranomly inserted that stupid smiley face.

I was wondering what was wrong with you when I read that. Anyway, I think the vikes recieving corps will still be good even without Moss. I think Burleson is pretty good, he burned us a few times last year. Also, someone had to be getting all the yards and tds that Daunte was throwing

March 8th, 2005, 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Damn the Vikings, they're scarfing up all these good players now...and have 2 top 20 picks...they're gonna be scary next year. I would upgrade Napoleon Harris with his bum knee though. Just imagine if they got studs at S and LB...apparently there's talk about trading for Darius and DD wrote some letter that's floating around how he's "begging" to be traded to the Vikes. That'd be one scary team next year if they got Smoot, DD, and 2 first rounders...

March 8th, 2005, 11:34 pm
League MVP

No question the Vikings are getting better. They got rid of a cancer and they are fixing weaknesses.

March 9th, 2005, 1:00 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I must admit the Vickings are getting better but I think there coach who I refer to as "Wayne Fontes with a pencil" still does not have a clue and they will finish the mandatory 9-7.

March 9th, 2005, 7:16 am
Stadium Announcer

Their defense cannot afford to lose sharper IMO. The offensive line has been devastated with the loss of both guards.

Gonna have to stop ya there my man. Will the loss of Sharper hurt the pack? Yes, but he is not as good as everybody is making him out to be, Harris was the leader of that secondary last year, he led by example. And dropping sharper will give the packers 8 million in cap room. Which is exactly what we need. As for the O-line getting devastated, check into the backups. They are pretty good (Morley is a beast, now that he know the system, watch out!). Yes, Losing 2 of the best guards in the NFL is going to hurt, but what about keeping two of the best tackles in the NFL and one of the more versitle centers? I think ( i think i have posted this before) that they will only need to go after one guard, cuz they have the talent in the backups to fill in one hole. Will the packers be in last? Hell i donno, that's why they play the games. Will the NFCN be a lot more interesting? OH YEA.

March 9th, 2005, 4:23 pm
Site Admin

I personally think that filling the line isn't too difficult. But We will watch what Ahman Green does next year and how much time Brent spends on the ground to see if it makes a difference. Also, Sharper is a bad lose for them but one guy does not make a defence. Look at NE and Ty Law...who knew he was gone??? Anyways...I think the Pack have made a good run and they are getting to a rebuilding point. Not an overhaul like the Lions though. Some teams have a bad season and are all of sudden back again and others well...not the case...we will see which type of team the Packers are.

As for the Vikes...they are improving their D no doubt...but Plaxico is no Moss and never will be.

March 9th, 2005, 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]