View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New FA News 
NFL Team Captain

Post New FA News
Has anybody heard anything about the folks tha have visited lately, Demulling, Bradford or Johnson?

Demulling would be great, Johnson wants to play but I think we should look hard at Davi Terrell. Tell me what you think :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

March 9th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Modmin Dude

I would like Demulling, Johnson wouldn't be a bad back-up, but I'm not sure if he would push Joey at all and NO WAY to Terrell

March 9th, 2005, 1:28 pm
Site Admin

NO WAY to Terrell

awe wags...get on the DT Train!!! t00t00t

March 9th, 2005, 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I would tend to disagree with the last two.

If not Johnson, who else? Fiedler? Gimme back McMike over Fiedler. I'm not saying I like Johnson, but he's better than Jeff Blake or some other barely-able-to-start schlub.

IMO, if Terrell had a decent QB throwing to him, he could be good. If Terrell got motivated and gave it 110%, I think he could be a real solid #2 guy. He's no pro bowler and won't have the impact of other top 10 receivers, but he's got potential that hasn't been tapped. If he were to live up to his Randy Moss attitude, he'd be worth it.

March 9th, 2005, 1:42 pm
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
NO WAY to Terrell

awe wags...get on the DT Train!!! t00t00t

um, like no thanks Alpha, I'll catch the next one :lol:

March 9th, 2005, 2:36 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

If "if" was a fifth then we'd all be drunk.

March 9th, 2005, 7:23 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: New FA News
jomo269 wrote:
Has anybody heard anything about the folks tha have visited lately, Demulling, Bradford or Johnson?

They let all three leave town without signing contracts. I know they fired the broadcast team and I can live with that. But what about the Limo driver? I mean, I know he sucks cause he can't find his way to the airport but he was key in our FA efforts. With all 3 getting out of town, I sure hope there isn't a new driver...

March 10th, 2005, 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Post Re: New FA News
Pablo wrote:
....I know they fired the broadcast team and I can live with that. But what about the Limo driver? I mean, I know he sucks cause he can't find his way to the airport but he was key in our FA efforts. With all 3 getting out of town, I sure hope there isn't a new driver...

:lol: :lol: 8)

March 10th, 2005, 10:49 am
RIP Killer

Broncos | Top Suitor for Garcia - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:40:16 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are considered one of the front-runners to land free agent QB Jeff Garcia (Browns), who has concluded all his free agent visits and will make a decision by this weekend. Garcia is expected to give the Broncos an opportunity to match any deal he is offered.

Possibly good news for us.

The Ravens dismissed any deal with DeMulling after he priced himself out of their range and the Ravens instead signed Keydrick Vincent.

Looks like we would have to overpay him to come here, would it be worth overpaying him or finding another OG left in FA (Neil?) or possibly starting a rookie from the draft?

Last edited by conversion02 on May 18th, 2005, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 10th, 2005, 6:18 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don't think it would be worth over-paying for another guard. Let him sit unemployed for a couple of weeks and his price, along with his ego will come down.

March 11th, 2005, 5:53 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

In this mornings Free Press it says Demulling will choose between Detroit and Buffalo.

March 11th, 2005, 7:04 am
Modmin Dude

In this mornings Free Press it says Demulling will choose between Detroit and Buffalo.

Sweet!!!! We all know that Buffalo isn't going anywhere this year, especially with a (basically) rookie QB. I'm sure he would rather block for Jones and a 4th year pro @ QB. Pleeeaaasssseee 8)

March 11th, 2005, 9:18 am
RIP Killer

The Bills are reported to only have $700K of cap space...so they couldn't sign DeMulling unless they restructure or cut. Yay for us.

Also...A part of an article from the Buffalo News:
The Bills are waiting to see if they'll have a shot at Indianapolis Colts free agent left guard Rick DeMulling, who visited Buffalo on Monday and met with the Detroit Lions on Tuesday. The Baltimore Ravens also are reportedly interested in DeMulling, who can play center.

As the top offensive guard on the market, DeMulling is in position to command a contract worth at least $3 million per year. But with right guard Chris Villarrial already making a similar salary, the Bills may not be willing to devote that kind of money at that position.

....The Bills had Pork Chop Womack in for a visit yesterday in what may have been part of a search for a cheaper alternative to Rick De Mulling. Acording to the article, the visit seemed to go well, and Womack was reportedly very interested and encouraged by what took place while he was there.

Last edited by conversion02 on May 18th, 2005, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2005, 9:32 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that Baltimore pulled out of the race by signing someone else.

March 11th, 2005, 9:44 am
RIP Killer

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are no longer a suitor for free agent OG Rick DeMulling (Colts) after agreeing to contract terms with OG Keydrick Vincent. A league source said DeMulling priced himself out of the team's range following a visit with the club.

March 11th, 2005, 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next