View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 10:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The new draft 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Moving Lehman to MLB is like moving Redding to DT so you can draft DE. I don't think either player was effective playing those postions and have started to settle into their current postions.

When it comes to the draft the only question you need to ask is if the player is signifcantly better than the current player. If he is can the current player be cut, traded, moved or made a backup.

If not don't expect the Lions to draft that player no matter how good he is because of the salary cap.

March 9th, 2005, 7:45 pm
QB Coach

Moving Lehman to MLB is like moving Redding to DT so you can draft DE. I don't think either player was effective playing those postions and have started to settle into their current postions.

When it comes to the draft the only question you need to ask is if the player is signifcantly better than the current player. If he is can the current player be cut, traded, moved or made a backup.

If not don't expect the Lions to draft that player no matter how good he is because of the salary cap.

I think you contradicted yourself...

You said that Movng Lehman wouldn't be a great move, but then later said that moving him to draft a better player (like Johnson would be), is fine.

Johnson is a much better player than Lehman... drafting him would be an upgrade over either OLB on our roster.

Alas... Johnson won't be avaliable at #10. So it's really not a discussion.

March 9th, 2005, 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think he was meant moving a player like a RT and LT. One spot usually takes more experience whereas moving from OLB to MLB takes a different type of player, not just experience. That's what I understood, maybe I'm wrong (I am alot but I don't like to admit it).

March 9th, 2005, 10:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2