View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 7:30 am



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 What in the cheese is going on? 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post What in the cheese is going on?
How come I can login just fine once in a while. But, most of the time, I am not able to login? This is driving me nuts? It's been happening ever since the board went down.


March 10th, 2006, 10:07 pm
Profile
National Champion
User avatar

Joined: September 17th, 2005, 11:26 am
Posts: 845
Location: Michigan
Post 
join the crowd.


March 10th, 2006, 11:00 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12141
Post 
HAve you tried clearing your internet cache? or temporary internet folders? and cookies?

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


March 11th, 2006, 1:15 am
Profile
National Champion
User avatar

Joined: September 17th, 2005, 11:26 am
Posts: 845
Location: Michigan
Post 
I think I figured out the problem. I have a new web booster and accelerator and it appears it conflicts with this site so i disabled it and logged in and it worked. :D


March 11th, 2006, 8:19 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
HAve you tried clearing your internet cache? or temporary internet folders? and cookies?


I'm quite Computer illiterate. You would have to walk me through how to do all that. LOL. :oops:


March 11th, 2006, 11:30 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12141
Post 
BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
HAve you tried clearing your internet cache? or temporary internet folders? and cookies?


I'm quite Computer illiterate. You would have to walk me through how to do all that. LOL. :oops:


If you are using Internet Explorer -

Click on Tools --> Internet Options
Then Click on Delete Cookies and Delete Files

If you are not using IE, let me know which browser you are using

You also may want to go to http://ewido.net and run their online scan for Ad-Ware and Spy Ware

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


March 11th, 2006, 11:39 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
HAve you tried clearing your internet cache? or temporary internet folders? and cookies?


I'm quite Computer illiterate. You would have to walk me through how to do all that. LOL. :oops:


If you are using Internet Explorer -

Click on Tools --> Internet Options
Then Click on Delete Cookies and Delete Files

If you are not using IE, let me know which browser you are using

You also may want to go to http://ewido.net and run their online scan for Ad-Ware and Spy Ware


I use Firefox. I deleted the cookies. But, I couldn't find the delete files button. Oh well, just deleting the cookies seems to have worked. Thanks. I'll check out the adware and Spyware site. But, I already use Adaware and Spybot - Search and Destroy. Is that site better than what I use?


March 12th, 2006, 9:47 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12141
Post 
Ewido is better than Ad-Aware IMO and I tend to stay away from SpyBot - just personal preference.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


March 12th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
Now, why is the site not loging me on automaticaly?


March 15th, 2006, 8:45 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12141
Post 
BillySims wrote:
Now, why is the site not loging me on automaticaly?


Do you have cookies enabled? Doouble check your security setting

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


March 20th, 2006, 9:00 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Now, why is the site not loging me on automaticaly?


Do you have cookies enabled? Doouble check your security setting


I had cookies enabled. But, I did notice that they were only being saved until firefox was closed. So, I changed it to save them until they expire. Hopefully that works.


March 20th, 2006, 9:19 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: March 22nd, 2005, 8:42 pm
Posts: 3811
Post 
I get the error message every time, but there is a pretty simple solution: just project the words YOUR MESSAGE POSTED SUCCESSFULLY onto what ever gibberish, because invariably it works.

_________________
Far and away from the sound and the fury. . .


March 20th, 2006, 9:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.