View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Garcia signs with Lions 
RIP Killer

Post Garcia signs with Lions
Len Pasquarelli on ESPN News has said that Garcia has agreed to terms with the Lions. Hasn't signed the contract as of yet but sounds like a done deal. Working on the story, I haven't heard the terms yet.

Also, Sharper has signed for 4 years with the Vikings. Burress and the Vikings are working to nail down a six-year deal.

March 12th, 2005, 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

That is huge. Thank you Matt Millen for letting Mooch make a move. Sign Demulling and lets work the draft.

March 12th, 2005, 4:18 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

It's about time someone got signed. Look out for the Vikings secondary, signing Sharper is huge. I don't think he's a great safety, but he's pretty good.

March 12th, 2005, 5:10 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=articles& ... 312-garcia

FYI - the article is up on the front page. Once again, Lionbacker beats the News, Freep, Lions official site and just about every other site to the punch! :idea:

March 12th, 2005, 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think this is a good signing, but not great. It definitely puts pressure on Joey to focus on the task at hand. There are some that believe a young QB shouldn't have to look over his shoulder, but that approach hasn't worked with Harrington, so it's time to let him know 'put up or shut up'. At this point we need to land DeMulling and make a serious pitch towards retaining Marcus Bell, Reggie Swinton and forming an approach for the draft. 8)

March 12th, 2005, 5:29 pm
All State

a logical and good move by the lions. i will feel a lot better with garcia coming off the bench if joey struggles than i was with mike. i hope they sign demulling in the next few days.

mike, i agree with you about bell but i am not so sure they will try to resign swinton. just don't think he figures into their plans. they already have charles and roy. are trying to sign a fa #3 wr (which is still hakim at this point). the have vines at the #5 spot and will resign drummond as the #6 wr. i think they plan on drafting another wr who will be the #4 guy and perhaps battle it out for the #3 spot eventually.

btw - great job lionbacker on the garcia news, first with the story once again.

March 12th, 2005, 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I feel much better about our qb situation now.

BTW, Pablo, I just read the article on ESPN. I thought yours was more well written and more informative. I don't mean to sound like a butt-kisser, but its the truth. Kudos :D

March 12th, 2005, 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I feel Swinton did very well in a limited role last year, hence my feeling they should re-sign him. Also, Drummond has a tendency to get hurt, and Swinton steps in and does an admirable job. I think if they are going to keep five or six receivers, they should keep Swinton. They are looking for greener pastures in free agency and who they have in Reggie should be enough. Vines played well when given the chance last year, but I feel that Swinton should be given the nod over Scottie.

March 12th, 2005, 7:52 pm
RIP Killer

I feel much better about our qb situation now.

Ditto! :idea:

bsand2053 wrote:
BTW, Pablo, I just read the article on ESPN. I thought yours was more well written and more informative. I don't mean to sound like a butt-kisser, but its the truth. Kudos :D

Ahhh, thanks! :oops:

I'll have to take a second look at it tonight and clean it up a bit. I was just trying to get something up as quick as possible cause it was breaking news when I caught wind of it. But to even be compared to ESPN is flattering, thanks bsand2053!

BTW - I'm hearing it is a one year deal work $2M. Official details have yet to be released.

March 12th, 2005, 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I am glad we signed the backup that Mooch wanted. I am happy, but not excited. I just hope he has a little magic left in him. However, I dont see him replacing Joey.
The signing I want to see is DeMulling, I would rather have had Wahle, but alas. DeMulling is young enough to come in here and jell with the rest of our mostly young line.
Now if only we could get Derrick Johnson in the 1st and David Baas in the 2nd I would be one happy upnorth lions fan :idea: :D :idea:

March 13th, 2005, 9:06 am

why would you still want Baas in round 2 if we signed demulling? Raiola, Woody, and Demulling would all have relatively new contracts. Round 2 would be too early for depth. I could see taking a T there or in round 1...DJ wont fall. Looks like we could start taking Best Player Available if DeMulling signs, which would be a great step for our team. Could that be a WR?

March 13th, 2005, 12:04 pm
RIP Killer

why would you still want Baas in round 2 if we signed demulling?

That's an excellent point. I would feel that the Lions should target a MLB or DT in round two if they elect not to use their first rounder on either of those positions. Other positions where depth could be added is WR, TE, OT and SS. I don't feel comfortable having Bracy Walker as a backup, Pollard is 33 and probably won't play out his three year contract, Hakim will be cut and everyone else is either inexperienced or a free agent, and I'm not sold on Butler, Victor Rogers or Joyce as a viable starter at RT.
The Lions need to add depth at DT since Pritchett is likely gone and Bell has yet to come to terms. Holmes is in his last year and Rainer hasn't been resigned to back him up.

March 13th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Any chance that Channing Crowder would be available in rd 2 as a MLB prospect. From what I've seen he could use some refinement but is a tough athlete. Any thoughts about him?

March 13th, 2005, 3:40 pm
RIP Killer

I doubt he will be available in round two when the Lions pick. Stranger things have happened though. With his past knee injury, relative inexperience and off-field issues, he may drop. But his overall speed and athleticism will probably make teams hardup for an inside backer overlook those downgrades. Seattle and New Orleans may go after him, and Indianapolis may target him to replace Rob Morris. With Oakland trading Napoleon Harris to Minnesota, I think they may go after him if he slips into round two since they have their wide receiver and running back positions solved.

March 13th, 2005, 5:11 pm
QB Coach

Any chance that Channing Crowder would be available in rd 2 as a MLB prospect. From what I've seen he could use some refinement but is a tough athlete. Any thoughts about him?

From what I have heard about Crowder, he has serious off-field issues and very well could fall out of the first round.... he's a late-first round guy right now. Not a huge fan of him, however, and the Lions generally don't take guys that have track records like that.

March 13th, 2005, 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next