View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Chavious out in Minn???? 
Modmin Dude

Post Chavious out in Minn????
From profootballtalk.com

Quote:
CHAVOUS ON THE OUTS IN MINNY?

With former Packers safety Darren Sharper in Minnesota (and possibly, we're hearing, close to a deal), most folks presume that the Vikings are out of the running for disgruntled Jaguars safety Donovin Darius.

Apparently, however, the Vikes are interested in nabbing both Sharper and Darius, which raises an obvious question.

What happens to Corey Chavous?

Chavous, a Pro Bowler in 2003, has played consistently well for the Vikings over the past three seasons. Still, if both Sharper and Darius arrive, it's harder to imagine the team keeping all three of them.

And if Chavous gets bumped in lieu of Sharper and Darius, it shows that no one is safe as the team tries to earn its way into the game from which its head coach has earned plenty of extra money

Don't know how much truth there is to this.....but if it does happen, I wouldn't mind seeing Chavious in Honolulu Blue :D

March 11th, 2005, 5:08 pm
RIP Killer

Smoot and Winfield at corner, Darius and Sharper at Safety :cry:

That is a scary secondary if it happens. They might give Baltimores secondary a run for the money.

March 11th, 2005, 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I wouldn't mind seeing Chavous back in the 2ndary for us. I just wonder how much this guy would cost us if the vikes do let him go.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 11th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Why did Red McCombs have to sell. I loved him and his cheap ways. I wouldn't worry about Sharper. I think he is the next Brock Marion. I wouldn't mind Chavous, but I also am worried about his salary. I'd rather spend it on DeMulling and Garcia.

March 11th, 2005, 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Screw you guys, i want him in GB. basicly trade sharper for chavious.

March 12th, 2005, 5:09 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Bah why would he want to come to the Packers after they have lost so much and are definately on the decline. When he could come to Detroit on an up and coming team. Sorry Nit but the Packers have seen there last division crown for a few years

March 13th, 2005, 9:21 am
Stadium Announcer

People said that last year........and the year before........and the year before that.so until it happens, i wont rule out us repeating. With choking a religion in Mn, i am not certain they will win it. You guys are getting the pieces together, but i still think something is missing, and chicago still needs a oline. (no, i don't think grossman is the answer)

upnorthlion wrote:
Quote:

Bah why would he want to come to the Packers after they have lost so much and are definately on the decline. When he could come to Detroit on an up and coming team. Sorry Nit but the Packers have seen there last division crown for a few years

March 14th, 2005, 7:03 am
RIP Killer

Minn reportedly offered to swap first round picks with the Jags with DD included. (Minn trades #7 to Jax for #21 and DD).

Minn also offered a 3rd rounder in exchange for DD as a different trade.

I can't say I disagree with saying no, but they are almost gauranteed a stud wideout, RB, or CB at that spot. Then again, who would take over for DD with that kind of intensity?

March 14th, 2005, 8:56 am
RIP Killer

Looks like Darius won't be wearing purple next year afterall.

The Jaguars turned down a pair of offers for Donovin Darius from the Vikings last week, and it appears the thrice-franchised safety will return to Jacksonville for another season. According to the Florida Times-Union, the Vikings offered the first-round pick (seventh overall) they acquired in the Randy Moss trade in exchange for Darius and the Jags' first-round pick (21st overall). When Jacksonville declined that offer, the Vikings offered a third-round selection straight-up for Darius, and again the Jags declined.

March 15th, 2005, 10:31 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Personally I think Jacksonville was BEYOND stupid for not jumping at the trade offer the Vikes made to swap first rounders and include Darius. Making a move like that in the draft would normally take much more than a 30 year old safety to be included.

March 15th, 2005, 12:57 pm

Personally I think Jacksonville was BEYOND stupid for not jumping at the trade offer the Vikes made to swap first rounders and include Darius. Making a move like that in the draft would normally take much more than a 30 year old safety to be included.

I agree, They should have gotten rid of that disgruntled employee. The only reason I can see them not is there is no quality safties in FA or the Draft.

March 15th, 2005, 1:09 pm

Wow I cant believe the Jag didnt do the 1st round swap for DD. Of course I am also happy that they did not because I dont want to see DD in the purple.
So you hold out Jags :D

March 16th, 2005, 7:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]