View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Draft 
NFL Team Captain

Post Draft
If the draft was tommorow I wold say Alex Barron OT, #1 and David Baas #2. Anyway we can work it. Pick a WR in the 3rd and we can be on our way. This may take some wheeling and dealing but the boys did a great job last year. Let'ts see if Millen has the stones to do it again

March 14th, 2005, 7:13 pm
RIP Killer

I actually think we will go that route and I'm liking it more and more, especially since M&M have been talking about how they'll address it in FA or the draft. It's not looking like they will in FA unless they do it after June 1. I think they'll go #1 DE, #2 OG, #3 OT, #4 WR, #6 QB, #7 FB. Rounds 3 and 4 could switch but that's my guess.

Most of the problems with Joey is that he makes bad decisions when pressured (when he's about to get f'd up) and he forces throws. If we had a good OL that could protect Joey, he would make less of those bad decisions and not force as many throws since his receivers will have more time to get open.

March 15th, 2005, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

Round 1 - trade down with Kansas City who moves up to nab either WR Mike Williams or CBs Antrell Rolle or Adam Jones. Detroit gets KC's first, second and our original fifth round pick in exchange for our first and third round picks. Our pick - DE Matt Roth

Round 2 - OG David Baas

Round 2 (from KC) - DT CJ Mosley

Round 3 - traded to KC

Round 4 - ILB Robert McCune

Round 5 (from KC)- OT Michael Roos

Round 6 - QB Gino Guidugli

Round 7 - FB Will Matthews

March 15th, 2005, 1:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I've seen Will Matthews play the last 4 years @ UT and he did a good job opening up holes for Benson. He definitely would fit in well w/ our club and also add to the Horns that are already on the team :D

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 15th, 2005, 1:25 pm
RIP Killer

As I've stated before, Barron makes the most sense to me given the current state of things (McDougle likely gone, Backus a FA next year). We need to address the tackle position. I definately like Bass in round 2 if the Lions don't grab a guard in FA.

That said, I'm also thinking about Spears with the 10th pick to pair with Big Baby at DT. Wilkinson isn't getting any younger and the Lions have not depth at DT right now.

March 15th, 2005, 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I've thought of a list of teams that have needs at certain positions. These could all turn into possible trades if guys like Rolle, DJ, Pac-Man, Barron, Spears, Merriman, etc are available at #10.

KC (CB - Rolle, Pac Man)
SD (DE - Spears)
St Louis (OT - Barron or DE)
Vikes (DE, WR - Edwards, Williams)
Colts (CB - Rolle, Pac Man, OLB - DJ)
Eagles (WR - Edwards or Williams) - if they don't get Plax

Spears could very well be gone by 10...he's a stud and quite a few teams could use a big, young DL. I've heard rumors of Cleveland taking him at #3. Surprising considering Cleveland's bad luck with first round DL-men.

March 15th, 2005, 2:22 pm
Fair Weather Fan

I just can't see the Lions starting two rookies, or one rookie and one player with very limited experience (Butler, V. Rogers), on the offensive line next year. Mooch is too concerned with the running game to let that happen and the way that KJ was running toward the end of last year, I don't blame him. Most likely, I believe they will eventually sign a guard and draft a right tackle or go the Butler/Rogers route on the strong side. Hopefully, they are merely waiting for DeMulling's price to drop a bit. They don't need an all-pro guard, just a legitimate NFL starter.

March 15th, 2005, 4:03 pm
NFL Team Captain

Mike----- I like your post alot, call KC right now. I would however like to see a WR in the 4th. And one question, Gino who? Roth would be a great if we moved down. We could stand him up at OLB next year and move Teddy to the middle, that would be fun to watch (if your a Lions fan).

March 15th, 2005, 6:16 pm
RIP Killer

I've thought of a list of teams that have needs at certain positions. These could all turn into possible trades if guys like Rolle, DJ, Pac-Man, Barron, Spears, Merriman, etc are available at #10.

KC (CB - Rolle, Pac Man)
SD (DE - Spears)
St Louis (OT - Barron or DE)
Vikes (DE, WR - Edwards, Williams)
Colts (CB - Rolle, Pac Man, OLB - DJ)
Eagles (WR - Edwards or Williams) - if they don't get Plax

Spears could very well be gone by 10...he's a stud and quite a few teams could use a big, young DL. I've heard rumors of Cleveland taking him at #3. Surprising considering Cleveland's bad luck with first round DL-men.

I don't see Cleveland taking Spears third overall. He's not worth it. I feel they either take a QB, CB or WR at that position. I still feel that there may be a deal done between Cleveland and either Arizona or Minnesota.

Another team that may be in the running for a trade with the Lions is Carolina. I'm sure the Panthers would love to have either of the top receivers, or a crack at Derrick Johnson if he happens to fall that far (he won't). They may also be interested in a corner.

For the Eagles to trade up with the Lions they would have to give up more than they are willing to, I feel. Plus, I don't see Millen wanting to move that far down in the first round.

March 15th, 2005, 6:58 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I have been screaming for a while now that I love Derrick Johnson and then David Baas in the second. However, if DJ is gone, which is likely I want a defensive tackle, for the same reason listed here Wilkinson is not getting younger and I thought he started to fade as the season went on last year.
I hope we sign DeMulling and get this O-line in better shape. now!

March 16th, 2005, 7:27 am
RIP Killer

I have been screaming for a while now that I love Derrick Johnson and then David Baas in the second. However, if DJ is gone, which is likely I want a defensive tackle, for the same reason listed here Wilkinson is not getting younger and I thought he started to fade as the season went on last year.
I hope we sign DeMulling and get this O-line in better shape. now!

Johnson won't be there, and if he is the Lions will trade down because other teams like Carolina and Kansas City will have interest in him. The Lions don't need another outside linebacker, no matter how good he is. As for the defensive tackle, I agree with that except that there isn't any player worth the tenth overall pick at that position. Even if the Lions trade down with KC and get pick 15 there is nobody. They would be better off picking a highly regarded DE and moving Cory Redding back inside, or releasing Kalimba outright. The Lions are trying to retain Marcus Bell, who played well last season when he got the chance. I agree that Wilkinson is now more of a rotational player than a starter, and should be used in short yardage situations. If the Lions land DeMulling, look for the second round pick to be possibly used on a Luis Castillo or CJ Mosley.

March 16th, 2005, 7:36 am
RIP Killer

Luis Castillo has been climbing the boards and is a hell of a player. I expect he could be the first DT taken (if you count Spears as a DE).

I could see a half a dozen teams wanting to trade up if DJ fell to #10, and Carolina is a possible trade partner as well (not just for DJ). I don't think we need another OLB, but I would sure like to have DJ as a Lion. I would rather see us fill a need though.

March 16th, 2005, 8:37 am
RIP Killer

Having DJ would be nice, I agree. With so many needs to fill and depth requirements, making the trade is the wiser course of action. I am still not content having Bracy Walker as the backup to Kenoy Kennedy, I wouldn't mind getting additional late round picks to add more quality depth behind Kieth Smith at corner. Cash and Goodman are suspect at best. If Cash is fully healed and back to his old form, then that's fantastic and let's find another position to pick at. But if Cash won't recover then we're going to need a healthy body. Goodman gets hurt (shoulder) every year, including his last two seasons in college. Babers has the same problem, and Echols just isn't very good. A dime back in round six or seven wouldn't be a bad move, since this draft has decent depth at corner. A third or fourth rounder on a strong safety or offensive tackle wouldn't bother me either.

March 16th, 2005, 4:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Isn't it nice that now we are talking about adding depth in the draft and not about filling huge holes? :D

March 16th, 2005, 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Towel Boy

The Lions need a young stud DEF Playmaker with speed who can add depth
and step into the starting rotation a few games into the season.
OL can be addressed in the second round, now that they have picked
up DeMulling.
I'll take the BDPA (Best Defensive Player Available.)
There's still concerns on Boss' going 16 games.
Bryant needs to step-up, play injure-free and earn his money.
Need depth and speed at safety positions.
Even with trading down possiblities, I'd draft:

1) DEF
2) OL
3) DEF
4) QB
5) BPA
6) BPA
:D

March 17th, 2005, 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next