View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Alex Sanchez Released 
RIP Killer

Post Alex Sanchez Released
Alex Sanchez released by the Tigers 3/15. Why not try to trade him..get something for him?

March 15th, 2005, 12:53 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Alex Sanchez Released
conversion02 wrote:
Why not try to trade him..get something for him?

Would you want him on your team?

If he was rejected by the TIGERS, then he probably would have been rejected by the majority of the teams in the league.

There was a good article about Granderson in the AA News today, or maybe the Freep? Don't know. Wonder if he will crack the lineup this season. :?:

March 15th, 2005, 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Good riddance. Sanchez was terrible and always will be.

March 15th, 2005, 4:54 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Poor guy, sees his family for the first time in 11 years and gets released :shock: That makes room for Monroe now. :D

March 15th, 2005, 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They could have gotten something for him though. Makes sense, even if he's rejected by most.

March 15th, 2005, 5:07 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Whoever takes over center now be it Monroe or Logan I think they are only renting the position for a year. Granderson is the future and I think that is why the Tigers let up on the trade with the Mets for the centerfield spot. Granderson is gonna be the centerfielder for a long time, its just a matter of whether he will be up sometime this year or just take over next year.

March 16th, 2005, 8:01 am

I agree. I see them letting go of Pena next year to make room for Shelton at 1st. My problem for next year is still the outfield. We probably won't have White, and we definitly won't have Higgy, so we will have Maggs at right, Granderson at Center, but who at left? Nook and Craig Monroe both look like they can be pretty good players. What do we do? And what about 2nd? Is Infante good enough there for us in the future? I don't know. Thought?

March 16th, 2005, 8:58 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Shelton at his best is a DH. Anywhere in the field he stinks...Hopefully Pena will be the man this year and pound out close to 30 HRs again but boost that average up to .270 or so. Infante is a talent, he is a solid middle infielder and even has pop in his bat. He is already an above avg 2B, I think he could eventually move to SS bc Guillen doesnt have a lot of range there. As for OF, CF is the question; we have too many corner OFs to really give everyone a good look. Ideally they would end up with Monroe and Ordonez in the corners, Granderson in CF with Logan (speed and defense) and maybe Thames (power bat) as 4th and 5th OF.

March 27th, 2005, 10:12 pm

:oops: Yeah, i wrote that about pena without thinking. Anyway, i've never seen shelton play first, but it's not the hardest position to play, and I would like to leave room for someone else at DH. I think Guillen and Infante should stay set where they are. I really don't want them to move. We really have quiete a bit of talent as far as offense now, IMO. Good trade bait next year or even this year.

March 27th, 2005, 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]