View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Barron's Pro Day Results 
RIP Killer

Post Barron's Pro Day Results
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/indiv ... s#calendar

Quote:
Barron was 6-7? and 320 pounds at the combine, but he weighed in at 312 here. On the fast track, he ran 4.86 and 4.83 in the 40, which is remarkable for a guy his size. He added a 38-inch vertical jump, a 4.62 short shuttle and he did not do the cone drill.

Those are impressive 40 times for a guy this size. I haven't been able to find the # of reps he pressed yet. This workout certainly didn't hurt his stock in the draft. Florida States Pro Day was yesterday.

March 16th, 2005, 10:25 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I just saw that this morning. Those 40 times are very impressive for an OT. His vertical is really impressive as well, not that a vertical matters as an OT, but it's still impressive...

I don't believe he's done reps at all (combine or pro day).

March 16th, 2005, 10:41 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

March 16th, 2005, 11:33 am
Site Admin

WoW on the verticle leaping...I think that is the same as Kevin Jones and pretty close to Roy Williams :shock:

The interesting thing I have heard about Denvers phenom line is that they are all considered "atheletes" (meaning athleticism > than just beefy biggness). They are not huge at all...and if we could emulate a line Denvers would probably be a great to pick. He just moved up in my eyes :!:

March 16th, 2005, 11:37 am
Profile WWW
All State

ditto - this guy sounds like a stud. he is going to get some serious consideration as a top ten pick in the draft. has to be one of the front runners for the Lions now.

March 16th, 2005, 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

If DJ is gone then Alex Baron has got to be the guy

March 16th, 2005, 12:54 pm
RIP Killer

The knock on Barron has never been his abilities, but his desire. He does not possess a mean streak and has bouts of inconsistency. He is a finesse blocker and not a drive blocker, which is why he is not considered ideal for a team wanting to establish the run. He's gifted athletically, but his mental approach is lacking.

March 16th, 2005, 3:41 pm
QB Coach

If he is coached well, Barron could be a good tackle...

He has so much potential, is a good physical specimen, and if he learns to get mean (how do you do that?) he can be a great OT.

I remember seeing him run down the field stride for stride with a linebacker, he is so athletic for a man his size. He gets in great position in the running game, but then doesn't push the defender. Concerns about his strength...

March 16th, 2005, 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Never said he wouldn't be a good tackle, but just one dimensional. As for how to develop a mean streak, have you seen the movie 'Dodgeball'?

March 16th, 2005, 11:58 pm
QB Coach

As for how to develop a mean streak, have you seen the movie 'Dodgeball'?

LOL, yeah... good times.

March 17th, 2005, 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

If I'm not mistaken one of Barron's weak points is said to be his upperbody strength. Maybe that's why you can't find his reps anywhere. Just a thought, I still like the guy. Maybe Adam Terry in the 2nd round. At his size they would spend half the day running around.

Could Joey throw over a 6' 9" Tackle? :shock:

March 21st, 2005, 2:49 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Apparently the Huddle Report had a scout crucifying this guy's laziness. Sorry I do not have a link, but the jist was if only he played that fast, and why doesn't he? Like I said earlier, if you put Stockar's heart in Walter Jones' body you still only have a McDougle. He will not be running 40s or dunking baskets on Sunday. The best thing about the workout is that someone might take him in the top 10, but I rather doubt it. After all, Butch Davis is unemployed :lol:

March 23rd, 2005, 9:53 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don?t remember who said it or where I read it, but it was something like this...

?Barron has the potential to be one of the best offensive tackles in the NFL, even if he never lives up to that potential he?s still going to be better than half the starting left tackles the NFL.?

March 23rd, 2005, 9:59 pm
RIP Killer

IF we pass on Barron in round 1, there will still be some quality tackles left in round 2. I like Terry, but he definately has to work on speed...he's super slow. Good thing though, he's 6-8 and 330 and add a good amount of bulk to his frame.

If anyone of the top OTs in the draft is lazy and lacks a 'killer instinct' it's Jammal Brown out of Oklahoma. I've seen him in games last year where he half-assed many plays and didn't finish blocks which resulted in giving up a tackle.

March 23rd, 2005, 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]