View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hightlight Reel 3/15 (yeah I know, its late) 
Modmin Dude

Post Hightlight Reel 3/15 (yeah I know, its late)
Quote:
Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Killer notes - on Garcia's signing
Tom Kowalski appeared on the Jamie and Brady Show on Sports Radio 1130 Detroit Monday to drop a little knowledge (and opinion) on Jeff Garcia signing with the Lions. Here are the notes.

- Lions have consistently signed their targeted free agent
- Garcia looked hard at other teams and determined this was his best chance to start
- He doesn?t know how Garcia won?t look better than Harrington in camp
- Garcia?s worst year was better than Harrington?s best year
- Not only does he know the offense, but he knows exactly what Mariucci wants. He?s way ahead of Harrington. Plus, he?s more accurate.
- At the end of training camp if the players want Garcia, Mariucci will have a problem on his hands.
- Lions said they wanted to look at other players after they met at the combine, so Garcia took his sweet time in making his decision to tick off the Lions.
- Killer thinks Garcia was Mariucci?s No. 1 choice all along, but Millen wanted Warner ? who didn?t even visit Detroit.
- Killer thinks Warner is a better QB overall, but Garcia is a better fit because Warner doesn?t even know the offense and would need special attention.
- Millen didn?t see much of a difference between Garcia and Johnson, so he gave his coach the player he wanted.
Lions have set a price for OL and if no one (DeMulling) takes it, they will go into the draft or wait until after the draft for free agent pickups. Same for the No. 3 WR. They won?t take just any free agent.

Jeff Cottrell, you are a gentleman and a scholar for writing these notes.

Looks like its up to DeMulling if he wants to come to D-Town...were not going to overspend, which is a nice thing :wink:

March 16th, 2005, 1:55 pm
All State

could be a slow couple of weeks until april. thankfully the draft is right around the corner. after that its baseball until late july. :cry:

i'm glad the lions have been smart with their cap $ this offseason. millen has played his cards right so far and if we do end up getting demulling it will be at a decent value. if not, we will have to watch how the linemen unfold in the draft and wait until the june 1 cuts to settle the o-line.

March 16th, 2005, 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Even if they sign DeMulling, RT is a question mark. It seems as though we are going to go with inexperience here with either a draft pick, Butler or V. Rogers. The Lions seem pretty high on Butler and got great value in that pick last year. I only recall seeing Rogers play in one game last year and I know he was plauged by injuries his first couple of seasons.

If none of these guys works out, perhaps we can put a call into Roger's uncle, former bad boy James "Buddah" Edwards" :lol:

March 16th, 2005, 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]