View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 4 more cuts made today 
RIP Killer

Post 4 more cuts made today
no surprises here today - on the chopping block - WR Gaylor, LB Thomas, G Brendan Hall, K Snyder (who I liked even though he had no chance to make the team over Hanson). Also, Olandis Gary was placed on Injured Reserve.

The Lions need to cut down by 65 tomorrow so expect some more names in the next day or two (all the names might no be released until Wednesday)

August 30th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

You do a heck of a job posting updates. Thanks for all the hard work.

August 30th, 2004, 3:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
RIP Killer

Thanks sportspig. I want to make sure that LB is the best source for Lions info on the net which includes the fourm.

BTW - watch for vets like Gary who are thinking they are going to be cut to pull up lame today or tomorrow. Rather than being released they get an "injury settlement" which puts more $ in their pocket. It's one of those ugly truths about the NFL that you rarely hear talked about.

August 30th, 2004, 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Gaylor wasn't 1/2 bad with McMahon in there last week, but oh well. Looks like the final WR spots are going to come down to Swinton, Kircus, and Drummond. My money is on Eddie getting the boot after his poor PR performance against the Ravens, and the pure fact that Swinton is better.

August 30th, 2004, 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Gaylor made some bad mistakes against the Ravens and punched his ticket out of town.

Mooch was heard on the radio yesterday talking about Eddie and his bad performance against the Ravens. Mooch stated that he lost the first one in
"the lights" and that they told him to "stay away" from the second one. He also commented that Drummond is a "great" return man, very explosive and the Lions know what they are gonna get out of him.

Looks like Mooch intends on keeping both him and Swinton to me.

We know Eddie can't cut it as a WR. So the question is do you keep a marginal WR (Kircus - who could end up on the practice squad if he doesn't make the main roster) or do you keep both Eddie (with his history of injuries) and Reggie to return punts (assuming Swinton makes the roster of course)?

August 31st, 2004, 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]