View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Miller still an option to consider... 
NFL Veteran

Matt Jones is on the radar. He worked out as a Tight End in front of lions officials. If he does play TE he'd easily be the most athletic one in this draft. He sounds like a perfect developmental project.

Nice thing is he could play receiver and quarterback too... sorry no RT.

March 21st, 2005, 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Jones does have decent size, could still add about 15 pounds to his frame and not lose much speed. 4.39 40 as a TE spot would be unprecidented. But, the big thing is, can he block?

March 21st, 2005, 3:37 pm
NFL Veteran

That's basically what he is: a big fat question mark. He played QB in college.

But you just can't simply ignore what an athelete he is. At his size running at that speed?

The thing that really caught my attention was how I heard he was like a big ol shop-vac vacuuming in passes in the receiving drills.

I would make him add that extra weight even if it made him slower. Hell... then maybe he would be a 250 lb guy running a 4.47 40 instead.

I guess that's why if he's drafted, he's going to be a developmental player.

March 21st, 2005, 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Don't know.

But you just can't simply ignore what an athelete he is. At his size running at that speed?

The thing that really caught my attention was how I heard he was like a big ol shop-vac vacuuming in passes in the receiving drills.

I would make him add that extra weight even if it made him slower. Hell... then maybe he would be a 250 lb guy running a 4.47 40 instead.

I have seen him listed as a slot receiver in some publications. I am a little skeptical at the thought of him being able to play TE.

Have a question for you HB. Enjoyed your write-up on DJ, But don't you think it may be better to wait and see if he slides to Titans at 6 and then explore the trade? Spend less to get him and still keep him away from the Vikings.

March 21st, 2005, 4:18 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Matt Jones truly is a football player. He played Qb very tough, is an excellent leader and has a lot of heart always wants to win. If you ever watched him play in college you know what I am talking about. He is much better of an athlete than Jay Riemersma who switched to TE although while in college. Even if he never develops blocking skills he could be a weapon at TE or even WR (see Drew Bennett former QB UCLA). It may take him some time but he will find his role and succeed. I still cant believe he ran that 40 time...

March 21st, 2005, 11:50 pm
NFL Veteran

Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Don't know.

I have seen him listed as a slot receiver in some publications. I am a little skeptical at the thought of him being able to play TE.

Have a question for you HB. Enjoyed your write-up on DJ, But don't you think it may be better to wait and see if he slides to Titans at 6 and then explore the trade? Spend less to get him and still keep him away from the Vikings.

Hi liontrax... I think I remember you on the DLMB.

Regarding Matt Jones. I suppose he looks like he can be a heck of a receiver. I can understand the concerns about him being a Tight End... like we said earlier we don't know if he can block. Either way he'll be an unprecedented player: the fastest tight end ever... or the biggest slot receiver ever...

Regarding the trade scenarios... honestly, I haven't explored too many possibilities and use the Browns as an example. I've decided to put the project on hold until the FA market absolutely settles down... which is now. lol. I guess I better get to work. It's going to be a guessing game of what do these teams want.

The Browns look like they can take a QB, a RB, a WR, and possibly a DB or DE. So there is much reason to think they will pass on DJ... well regarding every team picking before us... each team can make a case for taking DJ... some teams with more reason than others. But consider this. If it's consensus that DJ is the top Defensive player... and a team wants to go defense... why wouldn't they draft DJ first? Bears have Urlacher? 49ers have Peterson? Bucs have Brooks? Well, they can decide to go the Ravens route and just continually add top linebackers. It's a case that can't be ruled out.

But this is a good project for me to do. I'd really like to see our chances of landing DJ.

March 22nd, 2005, 4:48 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Looks like Browns may be leaning towards RB, they were not successful in landing Taylor from the Ravens.

March 22nd, 2005, 5:34 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I would be surprised if they went that route. Lee Suggs stil has a lot of potential and was a 1st rd talent that slipped bc of injuries. His spinal stenosis is really only a radiological diagnosis, something a lot of people have but often without symptoms. Though, he has been injury prone besides that.
The Browns have a lot of holes. I think they will go defense, I expect them to get one of Pac Man, DJ or Rolle. Trading back is not out of the question especially if they can sucker the Vikings into coughing up some picks and not really moving back too far...

March 22nd, 2005, 8:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2