View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Another Niner to come to D-town?? 
RIP Killer

Post Another Niner to come to D-town??
Found this on KFFL. This does make sense, but I would really hate waiting until June 1 to get an OT, unless it's a backup OT...unless of course Butler can start.

Lions | To Consider Gragg?
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:35:21 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports should the San Francisco 49ers decide to release veteran OT Scott Gragg after June 1, it would appear logical for the Detroit Lions to consider him due to his ties with head coach Steve Mariucci.

March 21st, 2005, 10:03 am
Site Admin

March 21st, 2005, 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Gragg is decent, but he's old. He's 33 I think, so no more than a 2 year deal. He's slow from what I've seen.

Here's some stats I could find from the last 3 weeks of the year...Not too excited about a sack allowed each week. The Pats and Skins have pretty good Ds so that's not horrible, but the Bills?

WK OPP SCORE RUSH YDS SACKS ALLOWED
15 Redskins L 16-26 55 1
16 Bills L 7-41 98 1
17 @Patriots L 7-21 135 1

March 21st, 2005, 2:10 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think sacks is a hard thing to tell by stats. If the guy got armed bar and gave up a sack on three step drop then I dont want him. But ya never know, The QB could have held the ball to long. The LT could have gave up pressure and forced the QB to step up in the pocket into a sack. you never know just looking at lineman stats.

March 21st, 2005, 2:34 pm
RIP Killer

He has been fairly solid in his stay with the Niners, last year being his worst IMO.

March 21st, 2005, 2:49 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I know at of people have already given the starting RT job to Kelly Butler. But I'm one who doubts that very much Butler is still a project along with Victor Rogers.

The Lions will either draft somebody in the first three round or sign somebody after June 1st to start at RT. So picking up Gragg is a good possibility.

March 21st, 2005, 3:56 pm
RIP Killer

I agree, it's a good possibility, but is Gragg worthy of the starting spot over Butler? I don't know much about him and haven't seen him play much. I only know that SF's OL has usually been pretty decent (except for last year when they gave up a ton of sacks and their ground game sucked).

March 21st, 2005, 4:00 pm
Bubbles the Lion

.c The Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) - The Seattle Seahawks released right tackle Chris Terry on Friday.

When healthy and not dealing with off-the-field problems, Terry was a valuable member of the Seahawks offensive line, starting 23 of the 25 games.

But Terry served a four-game suspension during the 2003 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse and personal conduct policies. He also missed six of the last seven games of last season with a right shoulder injury.

Terry was scheduled to make $3 million next season. He was signed by Seattle off waivers on Nov. 19, 2002.

What about this guy? I don't know much about him. He sounds like a guy with some talent and a lot of baggage. Would it be worth it if they could get him cheap?

March 21st, 2005, 6:59 pm
RIP Killer

He's a solid OT, but I don't think Mooch wants to deal with the off-field problems, especially substance abuse. He'd be a good fit in the silver 'n black and the rest of Al Davis' "bad boy" crew.

March 21st, 2005, 7:39 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Millen has been known to roll the dice. S. Rogers in the second (good), K. Edwards in the 2nd (bad). I think you are right though, now that we are closer to contending, they will probably be a bit more conservative in their thinking. They are getting some good chemistry going, no sense screwing it up on a questionable OL.

March 21st, 2005, 7:47 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Most of our players seem to be pretty good people with not much baggage. We don't need the substance abuse people and their baggage. Chemistry is underrated.

March 21st, 2005, 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Seahawks release lineman Terry

.c The Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) - The Seattle Seahawks released right tackle Chris Terry on Friday.

When healthy and not dealing with off-the-field problems, Terry was a valuable member of the Seahawks offensive line, starting 23 of the 25 games.

But Terry served a four-game suspension during the 2003 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse and personal conduct policies. He also missed six of the last seven games of last season with a right shoulder injury.

Terry was scheduled to make $3 million next season. He was signed by Seattle off waivers on Nov. 19, 2002.

What about this guy? I don't know much about him. He sounds like a guy with some talent and a lot of baggage. Would it be worth it if they could get him cheap?

I wish we could get Terry. I bet he would nt pass the physical

March 22nd, 2005, 10:01 am
QB Coach

The Gragg article has no truth behind it... it was just an idea comprised by Mike O'Hara, that if Gragg was to be cut, that the Lions should consider picking him up. Just an idea... as of now, he is under contract on the Niners.

March 23rd, 2005, 1:05 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I think they are going to go into the draft trying to fill the DE and WR positions. After that they will take BPA at TE, OL, LB, CB etc. Butler will probably start unless we draft another OT high or if he proves himself incapable in some way. RT is the least mentally taxing position and the easiest to help out with a TE. Butler is a first day prospect with the physical tools and one year's bench experience. Only a first or second round OT would be an upgrade on him. Gragg is a aging veteran perhaps on the decline? All signs point towards Butler.

March 23rd, 2005, 6:43 am
Bubbles the Lion

If the Lions saw this coming, why didn't they play Butler more last year? I think he got about 5 minutes of mop-up duty.

March 23rd, 2005, 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next