View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bly: Lions are ready to win 
Modmin Dude

Post Bly: Lions are ready to win
http://www.detnews.com/2005/lions/0503/22/D01-124845.htm

Quote:
Bly's itch to win -- again -- is getting stronger.

"It's time," said Bly, who arrived as a free agent from St. Louis in 2003 with a Super Bowl championship ring from the 1999 Rams team."We have some new guys. I'm coming up on year seven. I'm satisfied with the moves we've made this off-season. We made the necessary moves.

"I didn't come here for the money. I came here because I thought Steve Mariucci could turn it around.

"This is the year especially with the Super Bowl here. It's time for guys to step up. No more 'Wait till next year.'"

Detroit Lions 2006 Super Bowl Champs...the fever is catching....get on board now!!!!

March 22nd, 2005, 10:27 am
RIP Killer

Bly has stepped up and been a leader on this team since the day he signed. He's been more involved in recruiting FAs than any player the Lions have ever had. Now he raises the bar for the entire team - well done Dr. Dre!

March 22nd, 2005, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Bly has stepped up and been a leader on this team since the day he signed.

As has Shaun Rogers. Joey should hop aboard this leader train, maybe he could strike some fear into the hearts of his wideouts so they won't be afraid of crossing the middle, taking a hit to catch a ball, and not dropping catchable balls.

March 22nd, 2005, 1:22 pm
Pop Warner Vet

I am glad they said it. Now they need to do it.

March 22nd, 2005, 2:00 pm
Peewee Leaguer

I agree with the part about Joey Harrington getting into his WR's faces. I have only been luke warm on his since he was drafted, so don't think I am a super fan of his, nor am I a Joey hater.

The part about Mooch saying that a lot of the reason the receivers were dropping balls is Harrington's fault is crap. In all the years I have played sports (football, baseball, or basketball), I have always been told that if the ball touches your hands then you better catch it. And if I was getting paid millions to do it, then I would have even more reason to hold on to it.

I am hoping that a healthy Williams catches like he did at the beginning of the season and Rogers comes back sound in mind and body. I also think that Pollard will be more sure handed then what we had losing us the JAX game last year. We still need a sure-handed 3rd down possession type receiver though, and I am not sure the draft is where to find such an animal.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 22nd, 2005, 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]