View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 It's time for MOOCH to be exposed and tabled in this forum 
Cheerleader

Post It's time for MOOCH to be exposed and tabled in this forum
My forcast is that if the Lion's do not make the playoff's this year then Mooch will be FIRED.......I do believe, however, that he will guide them there this year and that Harrington will finally come full circle......THEY BETTER...!!!!!!!........This team has too much talent to underachieve like they did last year......I do not want to hear about injuries ( look at the Pats last year )......Millen and especially this teams OWNERSHIP should be applauded......This ownership should get much, much more praise on this site........They are spending money and doing all they can to give us long, long, long suffering fans a Championship ( Hell, we'd even take a playoff win ).........The players are in place and the fans are in the seats.......What's it going to be Mooch......???.......Would you prefer us calling for your head or would you prefer your team giving you a gatorade bath....???....I, for one, would love to see that........

March 23rd, 2005, 3:22 pm
RIP Killer

I do agree that Mooch is on the chopping block this year. Millen has made some excellent strides, Mooch...not so much. Players aren't afraid of F'ing up and getting benched, players aren't intimidated by Mooch. The Fords should spend money considering the lack of playoff appearances we've had compared to ANY other teams (didn't you know the Lions are the Cards are twins?). Mooch doesn't seem to like confrontation or criticism and that hurts his game IMO.

March 23rd, 2005, 3:30 pm
Site Admin

I for one will be ready to call for...Dick Durons head if his D doesn't get a bit more aggressive. And that goes for the offense as well I suppose.

IMO they need to be at least 8-8.

March 23rd, 2005, 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Alpha, I couldn't agree more. I think Jauron needs to do something with this D. Wasn't Jauron's Bear D in 2001 the same D that ranked first is point allowed and second in rushing yards allowed?

Since Mooch has no care as to what the D does, Jauron needs to do something, throw in some different sets, blitz more, do something different, I don't know.

We've been down the offensive Mooch and Tollner road.

March 23rd, 2005, 4:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Dick is a bend but don't break kind of guy 8). I don't think he has ever blitzed much and probably won't. When Boss comes back though, it would be a sin to not untilize his speed on some blitzes.

March 23rd, 2005, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

bobv - back on LB and bringing it strong. Like to see that! :P

I would dare say many of us here feel the same. I was looking for 8-8 in 2004, I expect more in 2005! The Pack have slipped and the Bears are daBears. The Lions need to challenge the Vikes for the division crown next season.

Playoffs or bust. And yes, I would love to see a gatorade bath for Mooch this season.

:evil:

March 23rd, 2005, 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

They have playmakers on D and they need to be worked.

March 23rd, 2005, 4:20 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

If you think that Mooch will be fired if the team doesn't make the playoffs you're crazy. I say this only because of the loyalty of the owners to the coaches in the past. I do think that Mooch is feeling the heat to win this year and I agree that if he doesn't get it done there needs to be some changes. He has the people and the coaches that he wants, now it's his turn to put it to use. If they were to can him after this year, it would signal the end of an era in Detroit.

March 23rd, 2005, 10:20 pm
NFL Team Captain

I may be living in fantasy island but look for Joey and Mooch to have career years, the boys have done a great job in free agency and we have a great position in the draft.

The key games will be against Minnesota, winning the division would be a great leap forward...........Go Lions, let's get the band wagon started

March 23rd, 2005, 10:49 pm
RIP Killer

Key games I'm not looking forward to...Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Minnesota, Cincy, and Dallas...Hence the reason I think we won't win more than 11 games. 10-6 is my guess.

March 23rd, 2005, 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]