View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Red Wings Playoff Thread 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Red Wings Playoff Thread
Game 2 against Edmonton is about to start and this series is starting to scare me. The Wings completely outplayed the Oilers in Game 1, but it took them 2 OTs to get the victory. Can that team block shots or what?

April 23rd, 2006, 1:03 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

It's 1-1 right now after the 1st intermission! Red Wings need to get it going and take it to the Oilers!

April 23rd, 2006, 2:00 pm
Profile YIM
Many is terrible when he lets in a bad goal.... Disputing whether or not the 2nd goal was bad is pointless, but he thinks it was and that's all that really matters, and he's right... The 3rd goal was just ridiculous... I wish they would have pulled Many after the 2nd goal... I know you can't go jerking goalies around, but the guy plays like azz when he lets in a bad goal...

April 23rd, 2006, 4:12 pm

poop! Why can't the Red Wings ever get it done in the playoffs?? They seem to struggle way too much for a team with their talent. The series is all tied up now at 1-1 heading to Edmonton Tuesday Night. The Wings definitely need to pull off a game in Edmonton (hopefully both) to keep their hopes for a Stanley Cup alive.

April 23rd, 2006, 4:41 pm
Profile YIM

I don't think that I'm alone here when I say that Manny Legace has stunk so far. Three out of the four goals that he allowed last night were inexcusable. He had no chance on the third one which was deflected. Some are calling for Chris Osgood to start the next game, but I'm not so sure about that. Ozzie only looked average to me this season and it might be too much of a risk to take. What does everyone else think?

Furthermore, if the Wings would stop turning over the puck (Kronwall, I'm looking at you, amongst others), they might not be in this predicament. How about battling harder for the puck in the corners while you're at it, too.

April 26th, 2006, 9:24 pm
I don't think that I'm alone here when I say that Manny Legace has stunk so far. Three out of the four goals that he allowed last night were inexcusable. He had no chance on the third one which was deflected. Some are calling for Chris Osgood to start the next game, but I'm not so sure about that. Ozzie only looked average to me this season and it might be too much of a risk to take. What does everyone else think?

Furthermore, if the Wings would stop turning over the puck (Kronwall, I'm looking at you, amongst others), they might not be in this predicament. How about battling harder for the puck in the corners while you're at it, too.

I wanted Osgood to start the first game in Edmonton. Many doesn't have a "short memory" that is so helpful to some other goalies. After letting in one bad goal he is sure to let in another... Additionally, after having one bad game he lets it haunt him. However, he seems to always respond well to being pulled for a game and having some time off. I wish Babcock would have pulled him for the first game to keep us from the situation we're in now...

April 26th, 2006, 10:07 pm
QB Coach

slybri19 wrote:

I wanted Osgood to start the first game in Edmonton. Many doesn't have a "short memory" that is so helpful to some other goalies. After letting in one bad goal he is sure to let in another... Additionally, after having one bad game he lets it haunt him. However, he seems to always respond well to being pulled for a game and having some time off. I wish Babcock would have pulled him for the first game to keep us from the situation we're in now...

Manny played pretty well last night. Also, Ozzie's hurt, so he couldn't have played anyway.

April 28th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Atleast the Wings won last night to tie up the series, but that had to be one of the worst officiated games that I have ever seen in any sport. I wouldn't be surprised if the two refs don't work another game during these playoffs. It was really sickening to watch.

April 28th, 2006, 8:35 pm
Atleast the Wings won last night to tie up the series, but that had to be one of the worst officiated games that I have ever seen in any sport. I wouldn't be surprised if the two refs don't work another game during these playoffs. It was really sickening to watch.

I'm not saying it's some conspiracey, but IMO we've gotten jobbed on every game but the first one. Even Micky hasn't been able to keep quiet about it, and he's usually a referee apologist. In games 2-4 there were a TON of lopsided calls that went the way of the Oilers.. and it's not even due to "retaliation"... It's just been called lopsided IMO...

April 28th, 2006, 8:37 pm
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:

I'm not saying it's some conspiracey, but IMO we've gotten jobbed on every game but the first one. Even Micky hasn't been able to keep quiet about it, and he's usually a referee apologist. In games 2-4 there were a TON of lopsided calls that went the way of the Oilers.. and it's not even due to "retaliation"... It's just been called lopsided IMO...

Is it me or does this seem to happen every year??? Prolly just me....... :?

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 29th, 2006, 11:18 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Is it me or does this seem to happen every year??? Prolly just me....... :?

Wags.. I honeslty think a lot of it has to do with marketing, and I think it is a planned attack against highly talented smaller market teams... I know I know the Wings aren't exactly "smaller market" with their payroll, but their stadium and local fan support isn't 1/2 that of the NY teams or Canadian teams. The league is trying to gain fans and revenue... You can't do that when the same team keeps winning all the time... TB last year was a success for the league... but it also doesn't when a former Cup winner gets blown out in the first round in the next playoffs.... I just wish they would let the teams play and the best team win...

The NBA finals last year IMO was totally rigged against us... You can say "good teams fight through tough calls" but those calls against us in both instances, the Red Wings this year and the Pistons last were at odd times just as we were getting wind in our sales... TOTALLY took away and changed the momentum... an that's a bitch... Momentum is a hard enough thing to change in a game... It's even harder and disheartening when you finally get it going your way, and the refs take it right back...

April 29th, 2006, 1:43 pm

All I know is the Red Wings lost 2-3 today and are down 2-3 in the series, which is headed back to Edmonton for Game 6.

WE'RE PHUCKED :(

April 29th, 2006, 11:40 pm
Profile YIM
Modmin Dude

Its time for the vets to show up and play Red Wing hockey!!!

Go Wings!!!!!
Go Pistons!!!!
Go Lions!!!!
Go Tigers!!!!

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 30th, 2006, 12:16 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Location: Detroit Ehsylum: Michigans Institute For The Insane
The Wings have yet to crack "Roli": Hopefully they SHATTER him in Game 6:

They have played with a good Pentality Kill (esp in game 4)
Manny needs some help around the net!
They need to attack the Oilers net, they keep shooting 30+ Footers!
They need to make EDM play fast! (This comes with plenty of passing, not rushing down and shooting a 30+ footer):
They need to distrack Roli more by placing traffic in front of the Oilers net!
We could use Yzerman: (Even if it is just sitting on the bench!)

In Game 6..........
-Beware of the hard hits! Detroit was putting some BIG hits on the Oilers in game 5 in Detroit: The EDM crowd is already on Chelios, look for them to jump on Draper and Lindstrom this game: (I miss McCarty!)
-Beware of the Oilers starting an all out attack on the Detroit net! They smell blood now, and they have already proven that they can get the rebounds on goal and distrub the Detroit net with traffic:

LETS-GO-RED-WINGS!!!

April 30th, 2006, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW

Well, the Wings lost so they are now out of the playoffs. I hate to say it, but they deserved what they got. They were out played and out worked the entire series. The refs didn't help matters any either.

May 1st, 2006, 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next