View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Red Wings Playoff Thread 
Well, the Wings lost so they are now out of the playoffs. I hate to say it, but they deserved what they got. They were out played and out worked the entire series. The refs didn't help matters any either.

I agree 100%... They actually showed what they were capable of the first period of this game... They have the ability, lack the heart, hunger, and desire... You can instantly tell when we turn it on and off... That said... This whole east coast/west coast thing is bullshit!... We had "home-ice advantage" yet we had to sleep the majority of days at the away rink... That isn't right... The league needs to correct that so home-ice advantage truely is home-ice advantage. I know it might sound trivial to say that we lost the series on lack of sleep, but I know I don't perform at the same level on two hours less sleep.. and I'm not asked to perform up to their standards in any respect... I can see how it would make a definite difference.

May 1st, 2006, 11:13 pm
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
Well, the Wings lost so they are now out of the playoffs. I hate to say it, but they deserved what they got. They were out played and out worked the entire series. The refs didn't help matters any either.

I agree 100%... They actually showed what they were capable of the first period of this game... They have the ability, lack the heart, hunger, and desire... You can instantly tell when we turn it on and off... That said... This whole east coast/west coast thing is bullshit!... We had "home-ice advantage" yet we had to sleep the majority of days at the away rink... That isn't right... The league needs to correct that so home-ice advantage truely is home-ice advantage. I know it might sound trivial to say that we lost the series on lack of sleep, but I know I don't perform at the same level on two hours less sleep.. and I'm not asked to perform up to their standards in any respect... I can see how it would make a definite difference.

Maybe one day they'll put us in the Eastern Conference where we belong........

May 2nd, 2006, 9:22 am
QB Coach

Well... nothing new here. Detroit blows it. :lol:

GO AVS!

May 2nd, 2006, 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

... They actually showed what they were capable of the first period of this game... They have the ability, lack the heart, hunger, and desire... You can instantly tell when we turn it on and off...

I agree about some of them.

3 years of early playoff exits and 3 years without Sergei Federov...

You think!!!!

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

May 2nd, 2006, 3:37 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:

... They actually showed what they were capable of the first period of this game... They have the ability, lack the heart, hunger, and desire... You can instantly tell when we turn it on and off...

I agree about some of them.

3 years of early playoff exits and 3 years without Sergei Federov...

You think!!!!

PT, What's funny is... everyone accused Sergi of dogging it here in Detroit, which he did. There's no doubt about that... They guy dogged it all season and still ranked up there in scoring and points... However, he TURNED IT ON when the playoffs came around. Chelios had a great series, Zeterburg had a great series, and so did Setvie... The rest of the team sucked azz... Lindstrom was the worst of them...

The problem is.. In a market regulated by a salary cap, I don't think a player like Federov is really do-able... Unless he gets more realistic about his salary demands (I don't even know what he's making these days) he will be too big of a chunk, not allowing the rest of the team to be solid...

May 2nd, 2006, 5:33 pm
Varsity Captain

I guess Legace through himself in front of a bus last night!!!
But it just went between his legs

May 2nd, 2006, 9:02 pm
Anyone else suspicious as to Osgood mysteriously getting hurt when we should have probably considered playing him??? What the hell happened? He was fine for game three and I wanted him to start. Osgood plays great under pressure, and Manny always responds well to sitting.. I don't know if it provides motivation to Manny... Honestly... I think that cat just has head problems and needs to clear his skill... Manny NEVER lets in one bad goal... They haunt him and it's a minimal of two...

i'm not saying Oz said he was hurt... I just find it funny that Babcock apparently doesn't like him.. and when it became clear that perhaps we should make a change even if just for the sake of making a change... all of the sudden Oz is hurt...

Kinda like Garcia getting hurt when he's playing like poo and "Wow... would you look at that JH is NOT the starter, but he's playing until Garcia is better".. Yeah right... playing better maybe... :roll:

May 2nd, 2006, 9:14 pm
Modmin Dude

Could you image Sergei along with Pavel and Hank...........now that would be nice........

BTW....he's coming back......just wait........ :wink:

May 3rd, 2006, 10:07 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

All I know is that the Red Wings better go after a big-time goalie, because Manny Legace did not get the job done in the playoffs. Any free agent names that come to mind??

May 3rd, 2006, 10:07 pm
Profile YIM
All I know is that the Red Wings better go after a big-time goalie, because Manny Legace did not get the job done in the playoffs. Any free agent names that come to mind??

Jimmy Howard

May 3rd, 2006, 11:40 pm
Modmin Dude

adpreston1385 wrote:

Jimmy Howard

Get over it! It wasn't all Manny's fault. How many goals did the Oilers score off a DEFENSIVE ZONE TURNOVER????? The defense sucked. The whole team did not play 1 entire game throughout the series. They would play for maybe a period or two, but not for a full 60 mins. The team showed little to no desire or drive for extended periods in each one of the games. Manny did just fine. Did he let in a couple soft goals? Yes, and so did Osgood when we won the cup. Its not all Manny's fault. Remember, it is a TEAM sport.

Consider this......Maybe they're just too damned old. They play a lot during the regular season and they just don't have the legs to continue in the playoffs. How many players are 30+???? I don't know for certain, but I would say that we probably have one of the oldest rosters in the NHL. Maybe they need better conditioning. Maybe we need more younger players. We DEFINITELY need a HITTER. Hopefully they will bring McLean up next season. We just don't have that gritty enforcer anymore. Where is the Kocur or Probert or even McCarty? No one mixes it up on this team. I believe that we had the fewest fights in the NHL this year. That is weak. Hockey is a hitting, physical sport and the Wings were not hitting effectivly.

Another thing to consider.......This was Babcocks first season. From what I understand he runs a much more intense practice. He doesn't let players slack. Maybe, just maybe these players were tired. They certainly looked tired. Are they too old? or were they just tired? Maybe the Wings need better conditioning......

May 4th, 2006, 9:44 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:
adpreston1385 wrote:

Jimmy Howard

Get over it! It wasn't all Manny's fault. How many goals did the Oilers score off a DEFENSIVE ZONE TURNOVER????? The defense sucked. The whole team did not play 1 entire game throughout the series. They would play for maybe a period or two, but not for a full 60 mins. The team showed little to no desire or drive for extended periods in each one of the games. Manny did just fine. Did he let in a couple soft goals? Yes, and so did Osgood when we won the cup. Its not all Manny's fault. Remember, it is a TEAM sport.

Consider this......Maybe they're just too damned old. They play a lot during the regular season and they just don't have the legs to continue in the playoffs. How many players are 30+???? I don't know for certain, but I would say that we probably have one of the oldest rosters in the NHL. Maybe they need better conditioning. Maybe we need more younger players. We DEFINITELY need a HITTER. Hopefully they will bring McLean up next season. We just don't have that gritty enforcer anymore. Where is the Kocur or Probert or even McCarty? No one mixes it up on this team. I believe that we had the fewest fights in the NHL this year. That is weak. Hockey is a hitting, physical sport and the Wings were not hitting effectivly.

Another thing to consider.......This was Babcocks first season. From what I understand he runs a much more intense practice. He doesn't let players slack. Maybe, just maybe these players were tired. They certainly looked tired. Are they too old? or were they just tired? Maybe the Wings need better conditioning......

You get over it!... I never said it was Manny's fault, all I said is we don't need a new goalie... we have one in Jimmy Howard...

But, while we're on the subject, a goalie is supposed to be good for at least one game per series... Manny wasn't good for sh*t. The guy is a head case. He doesn't let bad goals go, he gets "Roy eyes" as I like to call them, after a bad goal he stares out in space like he doesn't know what the hell is going on, and he lets in at least one more, but usually two.

Manny has great skills, but lacks the ability to be a good NHL goalie. At least here in Detroit. Manny has responded well to sitting in the past. I wish Babcock would have tried it out... That said.. maybe Manny will respond to losing his job here in Detroit, because unless there isn't ANYONE else to sign, Manny's days in Detroit are over!...

May 4th, 2006, 10:01 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I basically agree with Wags that the Wings are too old and were too tired to play at a high level for 60 minutes. However, that doesn't explain why Chelios and Yzerman (the two oldest players) outplayed everybody except Zetterberg. It was the others like Shanahan, Draper, Lang, Samuelson, Holmstrom, and Lidstrom that let them down. I'm gonna give Datsyuk a pass because he was injured and never really looked like himself after he returned. I'd also venture to say that Lidstrom tried to do too much and that resulted in his poor play.

As for Manny Legace, I believe he is a good goalie, but he just didn't have what it takes to step it up in the playoffs. He has not become a "Playoff Goalie" as of yet. Perhaps, he will eventually, but he isn't there yet. Personally, I do blame him for some of what happened, but not all of it. He had the opportunity to raise his level of play in the playoffs, but didn't. I will agree that the defensive zone turnovers didn't help matters any either, but a "Playoff Goalie" makes those saves. Unfortunately, Manny didn't.

Better luck next year with a re-vamped roster.

May 4th, 2006, 6:41 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Location: Detroit Ehsylum: Michigans Institute For The Insane
Could you image Sergei along with Pavel and Hank...........now that would be nice........

BTW....he's coming back......just wait........ :wink:

That WOULD be niiiice!

May 6th, 2006, 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

Location: Detroit Ehsylum: Michigans Institute For The Insane
Well... nothing new here. Detroit blows it. :lol:

GO AVS!

What happened to them AVS lastnight? SHUUUUUT-OUUUUUT! lmao :lol:

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR
*DETROIT SPORTS ADDICT SINCE 1972*