View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bell re-signed? 
RIP Killer

Post Bell re-signed?
I've heard a lot about Marcus Bell being re-signed but can't find any confirmation anywhere. Confirmation or more importantly, contract details?? If this is true...kudos to Millen.

This is from Killer..."The Lions have reached an agreement on a three-year contract with unrestricted free-agent defensive tackle Marcus Bell, who played for Detroit last season."

March 24th, 2005, 10:17 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

An agreement in principle is usually not announced even by the GM. It took DeMulling one week to put his John Hancock on a contract and until that time he was not a lion. In this case, as a Lion having testing the FA market, it seems likely that he will be in the fold soon.

March 24th, 2005, 10:35 am
Peewee Leaguer

the FREEP had it listed as a 3 year deal this morning.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 24th, 2005, 10:41 am
Modmin Dude

Quote:
NOTEBOOK

**Several news outlets are reporting that the Lions have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent DT Marcus Bell. Bell, a solid contributor in the team?s defensive line rotation, recorded 27 tackles, two sacks and played in all 16 games last year during his first season in Detroit after spending his first three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.

No contract with Bell has been signed or submitted to the league. However, team officials are hopeful to have a deal completed soon.

March 24th, 2005, 12:51 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Time to drop Wilkinson and move Redding back to draft our stud DE.

March 24th, 2005, 12:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Why hate on Big Daddy? I think he can still contribute for a while anyway.

March 24th, 2005, 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Just to gain some cap space. The Lions still have a lot of FAs to sign back to the team and if we go with a DE he would be expendable.

His cap numbers aren't huge, but I think the Lions are going to need some room as they start to resign more and more players. I believe his numbers are 2.1 mil this year and 2.4 mil next year.

Also, he wans't spectacular this past year. He had a much better showing 2 years ago. If he is on a decline it'd be better to stay ahead of the game and release now instead of keeping an aging guy who is losing mobility and stamina each day.

bsand2053 wrote:
Why hate on Big Daddy? I think he can still contribute for a while anyway.

March 24th, 2005, 4:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]