View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Red Wings Playoff Thread 
Brian wrote:
Well... nothing new here. Detroit blows it. :lol:

GO AVS!

What happened to them AVS lastnight? SHUUUUUT-OUUUUUT! lmao :lol:

What happened to ALL top four seeds in the West??? That's just crazy...

May 6th, 2006, 4:48 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Location: Detroit Ehsylum: Michigans Institute For The Insane
1. Age and fatique could have something to do with it: There are 15 30+ players on our active 24 man roster: *But remember that with age comes experience and leadership!

2. For some reason or another Manny plays great in the regular season, but then gets a little softer in the Playoffs: Reguardless, I was all for Keeping Manny in! *See #3

3. DEFENSE! Our guys were NOT helping Manny around the net! Most of the Oilers goals were scored off of rebounds from blocked shots!

4. On Offense our guys were launching in 30 foot shots with no one in front of the net to.....
A.) Cause a distraction to Roli
B.) Score off of the rebound

WE lost, not because of just one person, or one thing; it was multiple things! But reguardless.................

I've heard the local media drag my team through the mud all week; which I think is total BS! YOU CANNOT hoist the Cup every year; PERIOD! The Wings had a GREAT season! Manny played a GREAT season! Pavel and Henrik are stepping up nicely! Cheli, Yzerman and Shani are still playing GREAT Hockey! Draper, Maltby and Lidstorm are still hitting people; Draper even had a GREAT season as far as Goals and Pts. and Lidstorm had ANOTHER GREAT Defensive season! Lang, Samuelsson, Schneider, Williams and Cleary all contributed WELL! Frazen is looking like a wise choice by the scouting staff! This was ANOTHER GREAT season of Hockey in Detroit; THANK YOU RED WINGS!

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR
*DETROIT SPORTS ADDICT SINCE 1972*

May 6th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

By Tim Sassone
Chicago Blackhawks
Posted Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Another playoff failure in Detroit has the Red Wings contemplating changes to a team that finished the regular season with 124 points only to flop in the first round against Edmonton.

There?s little doubt that coasting to the end of the season and beating up on the likes of lowly Central Division rivals St. Louis, Columbus and the Blackhawks hurt Detroit against the Oilers, who were playing meaningful and intense games down the wire to make the playoffs.

Winger Henrik Zetterberg was the only Detroit star whose play stood out in the series. Center Pavel Datsyuk didn?t have a goal in the six games against Edmonton and is scoreless in his last 26 postseason games going back three playoffs.

Veteran winger Brendan Shanahan looked old and has scored only 3 goals in his last 22 playoff games. He might not be re-signed as a unrestricted free agent.

The first change the Red Wings are likely to make is in goal, where Manny Legace is an unrestricted free agent and probably won?t be re-signed unless it?s as a backup. There is talk of the Red Wings exploring a trade for a big-game goalie, possibly offering up Datsyuk.

Don?t rule out a blockbuster deal between Detroit and Florida with Datsyuk going to the Panthers for goalie Roberto Luongo.

Two other top-end goaltenders who figure to be on the trade market this off-season are Anaheim?s Jean-Sebastien Giguere and San Jose?s Evgeni Nabokov, both of whom lost their No. 1 jobs in these playoffs to Ilya Bryzgalov and Vesa Toskala, respectively.

Not available: It doesn?t sound as if Dallas Stars general manager Doug Armstrong is looking to trade Marty Turco despite the goalie?s poor play again in the playoffs.

The Stars signed Turco to a four-year, $22.8 million contract extension late in the season, showing their commitment to him.

?I do believe in him,? Armstrong said. ?I think if you looked at what happened at the trade deadline for goaltenders, and you look at how many teams would love to get their hands on Marty Turco right now, I?m not sure where we would be starting next season without him.?

Draft doings: American defenseman Erik Johnson is the clear-cut No. 1 prospect available in the June 24 draft, according to both the International Scouting Service and NHL Central Scouting Bureau.

In Central Scouting?s surprise final rankings, the 6-foot-4 Johnson was followed by Peterborough center Jordan Staal. University of Minnesota center Phil Kessel, once considered a potential franchise player, was ranked the fifth-best prospect behind Johnson, Staal, North Dakota winger Jonathan Toews and Drummondville center Derek Brassard.

Some scouts liked Everett center Peter Mueller ahead of Kessel.

The Hawks will pick third behind St. Louis and Pittsburgh. It?s unlikely Johnson would get to them considering how badly the Penguins need defensive help.

?These handful of kids are so close in their relative contribution to their team that any one of them could be the right fit at the right time,? said Central Scouting director E.J. McGuire, the former Hawks assistant coach.

?If a team wants a defenseman, they?re going to take Johnson. If a team wants a big centerman, they?re going to take Jordan Staal. If they want flash and dash, they?re going to take Phil Kessel.?

Good news: It sure sounds as if oft-injured Hawks forward Tuomo Ruutu is back in form.

Playing for Finland on Sunday in the World Championships against Latvia, Ruutu was ejected in the first period for what reports called a ?vicious? open-ice hit against an opponent.

May 9th, 2006, 5:59 pm
Profile YIM
Modmin Dude

I can agree with not signing Shanny, he is getting too old and the game has changed; and I can agree with not signing Legacy except as a backup IF they can get a top-shelf goalie; but I'm not sure about trading Pavel :shock:

IF Stevie Y does retire, who do you think will be the new captain??? I think if they're looking to trade Pavel then they would seriously look at making Hank the captain and make this his team. I really like what the kid can do and he showed in the playoffs that he can get it done. He was our only star in the series and never gave up. Thoughts????

Joe Fauria, MVP!

May 10th, 2006, 9:19 am
Peewee Leaguer

Location: Detroit Ehsylum: Michigans Institute For The Insane
I can agree with not signing Shanny, he is getting too old and the game has changed; and I can agree with not signing Legacy except as a backup IF they can get a top-shelf goalie; but I'm not sure about trading Pavel :shock:

IF Stevie Y does retire, who do you think will be the new captain??? I think if they're looking to trade Pavel then they would seriously look at making Hank the captain and make this his team. I really like what the kid can do and he showed in the playoffs that he can get it done. He was our only star in the series and never gave up. Thoughts????

Shanny can still score: I'd keep him for atleast (1) more season:

Legacy is a great regular season Goalie, but he seems to fall apart in BIG game pressure: I'd keep him as a Back-Up; agreed:

I would KEEP Datsyuk!

I believe that Zetterberg will wear the "C" when Stevie retires: And I believe that it would be a wise choice! And I agree, he did turn it on in the Playoffs and even in the regular season with Datsyuk out with injury:

I'd like to see Detroit pick-up some physical players and a starting Goalie in the off season: I like Legacy, but he need another Goalie to shift with him: How is this Howard kid?

1-Detroit Tiger XR
1-Michigan Wolverines XR
*DETROIT SPORTS ADDICT SINCE 1972*

May 26th, 2006, 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Shanny can still score: I'd keep him for atleast (1) more season:

Legacy is a great regular season Goalie, but he seems to fall apart in BIG game pressure: I'd keep him as a Back-Up; agreed:

I would KEEP Datsyuk!

I believe that Zetterberg will wear the "C" when Stevie retires: And I believe that it would be a wise choice! And I agree, he did turn it on in the Playoffs and even in the regular season with Datsyuk out with injury:

I'd like to see Detroit pick-up some physical players and a starting Goalie in the off season: I like Legacy, but he need another Goalie to shift with him: How is this Howard kid?

From what I understand, Jimmy was doing really good to great at Grand Rapids, but in the short stint he had with the Wings, he looked like he needed some more work........or just more time to adjust to the NHL game. He's supposed to be one of the best young goalies out there. I've heard that the Wings may let both Manny and Osgood go. If they do that then they might get a true #1 and have Jimmy as the back up.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

May 26th, 2006, 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3