View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 NFL Network 
Peewee Leaguer

Post NFL Network
I get my satellite TV through Dish Network, and as of now I do not have any access to the NFL Network.

I sent an e-mail to the company and got no answer. Anyone else heard if Dish is negotiating with the NFL to get access or not. I know that Direct TV has access, but I don't really want to change satellite providers right now. I'm also in a rural area and have no way to get cable.

I have also heard some rumors that on this new TV contract that either a Saturday/Sunday night game or Thursday night game might be on the NFL Network.

Does anyone else have any info?

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 22nd, 2005, 9:55 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

with no available cable operator. I also subscribe to dish network and do not have NFL network. Perhaps we need to start complaining more and threatening to switch to direct tv to get our nfl network

March 23rd, 2005, 9:16 am
RIP Killer

You wanna talk about rural areas...I go to school at Iowa State. Let me tell you that there's nothing worse than being in Iowa during football season! All I see is Vikings and Bears games. Talk about crap. I only see the Lions when they play the Bears or Vikes. I have to watch the rest of the games on nfl.com and watch that damn little football move down the field.

Now to the purpose of this post...Can you get nfl network through cable? I'm living in an apartment out there with basic cable (60 some channels) but if I can pay the extra money per month for Lions football, I'll do it. But can I?

March 23rd, 2005, 9:30 am
Modmin Dude

I believe that NFL Network is only on DirecTv (between dish and directv)because of the NFL Suday Ticket agreement. I think only cable and satellite systems that were allowed to show NFL Sunday Ticket were given access to NFL Network.

Just wondering here, but why did you choose Dish???

March 23rd, 2005, 9:31 am
RIP Killer

Gotta go with DirecTv brother. They are the only place where you get the NFL Network and the Sunday Ticket.

DirecTV + NFL Network + Sunday Ticket + TiVO = Heaven

March 23rd, 2005, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Gotta go with DirecTv brother. They are the only place where you get the NFL Network and the Sunday Ticket.

DirecTV + NFL Network + Sunday Ticket + TiVO = Heaven

You've got that right!! Never miss a Lions game and I can rewatch when I want to. Gotta love TiVo

March 23rd, 2005, 2:15 pm
Peewee Leaguer

I have had dish network for about 6 years and always have been happy. That was before NFL Network. At the time they had good service and were a good bargain. Thinking about changing, but think it might be a big hassle. I would just like a bunch of people to put up a fuss and get NFL Network on Dish Network.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 23rd, 2005, 2:21 pm

Just wondering here, but why did you choose Dish???

I recently moved up north from Detroit. I went from a city of 1 million to a town of less than 1000! I ordered Dish Network because at the time it was the only satelitte offering local channels. Otherwise I would have to turn off the satelitte, get out the rabbit ears and have access to 2 thsta right 2 network channels. I could have gotten ABC, and CBS with a regular attena. No thank you. Now however in the last month Direct TV has started offering local channels on their package. I am going to have to check out if I have a contract or something with Dish Network. If not I will look into getting Direct TV.

March 24th, 2005, 8:37 am

No NFL network is only on comcast digital cable and DirectTV...its not on regural cable.

I use to have comcast digital cable then switched to Dish Network,its a lot cheaper but im thinking about moving back to comcast digital cable.

Michael Huff for DROY

March 24th, 2005, 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

No NFL network is only on comcast digital cable and DirectTV...its not on regural cable.

I use to have comcast digital cable then switched to Dish Network,its a lot cheaper but im thinking about moving back to comcast digital cable.

Michael Huff for DROY

March 24th, 2005, 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]