View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Roman Colon 

Who would you rather have in the Bullpen?
Poll ended at May 24th, 2006, 8:15 pm
Jordan Tata 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Roman Colon 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 8

Roman Colon 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Roman Colon
Roman Colon was called up today from AAA Toledo and Jordan Tata was sent down for assignment. Any thoughts on this transaction?? I hardly watched Jordan Tata pitch in the bullpen, but do you think this is a good move to make, considering how solid the Tigers' bullpen has been?? Will it disrupt anything?? Just to familiarize all of you, Roman Colon was acquired in the Kyle Farnsworth trade to the Atlanta Braves.

May 14th, 2006, 8:15 pm
Profile YIM
Veteran General Manager

I said Roman Colon because he is a RP. Jordan Tata has been groomed as a SP. Problem is, someone has to be traded before Tata can start a game for the Tigers. So, he is better off in the minors where he can take his regular turn in the rotation. It's very good that he got a taste of the big leagues. It will motivate him to prove they made a mistake by sending him back to the minors. Problem is, who do you trade to open a spot in the starting rotation for him? Maroth? Robinson? It would have to be one of those 2. Bonderman has established himself as the future ACE. Rogers is the steady vetrain that the Tigers were sorely lacking for the last decade. Veerlander is too young to give away right now and has incredible ability and upside. He's staying in Detroit. Again, it would have to be Maroth or Robinson. But, they are both pitching great this year. This is a very good problem for the Tiger to have for once. I have been waiting a decade and a half for this kind of problem for the Tigers. I'm still waiting for this problem with the Lions.

May 14th, 2006, 9:59 pm
Afghan Allstar

I would have to go with Roman on this one. He is a somewhat seasoned reliever. Tata is still young, and could be a starter in "The Show." I don't believe that he was getting enough time on the mound with the Tigers. And that's no fault to the coaches. Our starters and relievers are just pitching to well right now. And Tata wasn't a part of the 2 relievers and the closer who have worked almost to perfection this year. If we have a lead in the 7th, you can almost rest assured that Verlander will shut them down in the 7th, Rodney in the 8th, and Jones in the 9th. We're just pitching too hot right now to really give a young guy a shot.

May 15th, 2006, 10:18 am
Veteran General Manager

If we have a lead in the 7th, you can almost rest assured that Verlander will shut them down in the 7th, Rodney in the 8th, and Jones in the 9th.

Huh? Veerlander is a starter. Not a 7th inning guy. I think you mean Zumaia. Zumaia is a rookie also. But, a rookie that can throw 100+ on the radar gun can make even the most grizzeled vets look pretty silly standing at the plate. He's a future closer even though he was a starter last year in the minors.

May 15th, 2006, 7:38 pm
Afghan Allstar

May 16th, 2006, 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]