View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Pistons vs. Cavs Game 4 
Head Cheerleader

Post Pistons vs. Cavs Game 4
Man... What a Championship team we were to stay in that game when their crowd and their super man were steaming along. I was proud of our boys tonight. They showed they are Champions that will not quit, will not be intimidated. I hope Sheed will play in the next game and will be a force.

I have confidence we will win the next game. Our defense needs to step it up in the beginning of the game big time and allow us to establish a big lead. Then, we need to stay on them and continue to take our shots.

Here's to the Pistons !!!

May 15th, 2006, 9:57 pm
RIP Killer

That had to be one of the most pathetic efforts on the behalf of the Pistons AND the refs. I could count at least 6 absolutely pathetic calls that I could have called as the play the happened, not after review. What happened with the kicked ball? What about the FT? Non-existant. LeBron's foot out of bounds AS WELL as pushing off on Mo Evans to end the half - 2 calls and the Pistons get nothing. This game was over at the half. I'm not making an excuse here, the Stones played absolutely pathetic (and Sheed better not "gauransheed" a damn thing from here on out), but the refs gave this one to the Cavs.

This very well could be Miami's year. If the Stones lose this series, I can see the Heat winning it all - I think they can beat the Spurs or Mavs.

I for one would like to say that I hate LeBron James. He's a pompous a-hole in my book. I've never liked the guy outside of the fact that he's an amazing talent. Give me Wade over James anyday. James should not be compared to Jordan in the least bit. I understand LeBron wanting to win and having passion for the game, but Jordan never stared down players like he just got a whif of his own fart after cheating to score a goal (pushing off, as LJ blatently did at least 4 times this game). LeBron doesn't have half the sportsmanship and class Jordan had.

May 15th, 2006, 10:15 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I respect Lebron James. During every interview after the game he ackowledges the Detroit Pistons as being a "great team". To me, Dwayne Wade is an arrogant jerk and I hope the Miami Heat go down in the next round to whoever they play next. There's no way in hell they would beat the San Antonio Spurs. Anyways, the Detroit Pistons played pathetic tonight and sucked in just about every category. The defense was horrendous, letting Marshall/Murray take wide open 3-pointers, while letting Lebron James weave in and out to make an easy lay up. I have no idea what happened to the Detroit Pistons but they look like the Pistons of old. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because they have been to the NBA finals the past 2 years, but they look like the Detroit Pistons under Larry Brown. I thought Flip Saunders was supposed to bring more offense to this team. Then how do they score only 13 points in the 4th quarter?? It's pathetic. Anyways, I'm done with my rant.

And by the way after tonight's game Rasheed Wallace said, "Yeah we'll handle the cats. I gurantee we'll win this series. They just took care of home court and I'll give them the win. But even the sun shines on a dog's rectum."

May 15th, 2006, 10:44 pm
Profile YIM
Head Cheerleader

I could count at least 6 absolutely pathetic calls that I could have called as the play the happened, not after review. What happened with the kicked ball? What about the FT? Non-existant. LeBron's foot out of bounds AS WELL as pushing off on Mo Evans to end the half - 2 calls and the Pistons get nothing. This game was over at the half. I'm not making an excuse here, the Stones played absolutely pathetic (and Sheed better not "gauransheed" a damn thing from here on out), but the refs gave this one to the Cavs.

It's a superstar league and whether one thinks Lebron is a superstar or not, he is getting treated like one. Which means he will get the ticky-tack calls especially when he is in his home arena.

I didn't watch last night's game, but what I have seen from Game 3 is not so much the Cavs doing anything in particular to beat the Pistons as much as it is the Pistons just not being able to get the ball to go in. It's like their targeting is off or something. I saw them get plenty of open looks and shots, but it would rattle out of the rim or be off just enough.

For me at this point, it looks like the Pistons are beating themselves, and not really the Cavs.

May 16th, 2006, 10:44 am
For me at this point, it looks like the Pistons are beating themselves, and not really the Cavs.

Exactly.. I didn't see anything they were doing that would result in us shooting 33%.. Sure they made some changes and adjustments, but every team does that... I really don't care who they change and adjust I don't see them having the ability to D' up Chauncy, Rip, and Tayshaun while all three of them are on the floor...

May 16th, 2006, 10:52 am
RIP Killer

This very well could be Miami's year. If the Stones lose this series, I can see the Heat winning it all - I think they can beat the Spurs or Mavs.

The Heat - are you serious?

Dallas beat Miami both times this season, 103-90 in Miami and 112-76 in Dallas. San Antonio beat Miami both times this season, 98-84 and 101-94. Pheonix beat Miami both times this season 111-93 and 107-98.

Miami is 0-6 against the top 3 teams in the west and quite frankly the games weren't close. The Spurs topped the heat by 21 points combined, the Suns 27 points, and the Mavs by 49 points. The Heat are pretenders, they have a terrible record against all the top teams in the league.

If the Stones don't make it through the East, which I still can't see them not getting thru to the finals, the winner of the West will kill Miami in the finals no matter who it is.

As for the Pistons game, there were a number of terrible calls. Watch any NBA playoff game and you will see that. FYI - I thought LeBron's foot was out based on the angle I saw but they isolated it from another angle later during the night and he was clearly in.

Fact was the Pistons didn't execute down the stretch. The two charges (one on CB and one on Rip) was simply poor execution. Detroit suddenly looks like a one dimensional jump shooting team to me on offense. There needs to be much more ball movement around the perimeter and then the lanes will open up for slashing to the rim. This was even more evident with Sheed not on the floor and the Cavs defense collapsing.

With them returning to Detroit and a couple of adjustments, I still don't see the Cavs beating the Pistons. Cleveland needs a couple of more pieces before they can contend.

May 16th, 2006, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I give credit to Cleveland. They have stepped up their defensive intensity and have made some big plays on defense ( like the Varejao charge), but the Pistons are simply beating themselves. You are not going to beat many teams shooting 33% and committing 16 turnovers. But the Pistons were still in the game because of their defense. The previous game we shot 37% and committed 17 turnovers. We were in that game up until the last 2 minutes.

Bottom line, the team knows that we are beating ourselves with poor shooting and bad execution, things they can easily correct. We will still win the series but we are putting extra playing time on our starters legs that we shouldn't have to.

Tim

May 16th, 2006, 12:35 pm
Varsity Captain

I agree the Pistons have beat themselves. Maybe losing Game 4 will wake them up and they will whoop rectum the next 2 games

May 16th, 2006, 1:17 pm
Profile YIM

That's one helluva "if"...

May 16th, 2006, 3:20 pm
Walk On

If sheeds ankle is still gimpy I say we should play Mo Evans most of of his minutes. When was the last time any of us say Verajion or Marshall take someone 1on1 in the post? It's all screens from Lebron and him either taking it to the hole or passing it out to the 3 point shooters.

May 16th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

they looked hmmmmmmm.... won't say.. how about the travel call on Tay when the guy hit him in the back? nice call.. the Stones just blew it last night and Sheed's injury sure did not help..

May 16th, 2006, 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]