View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pistons vs Cavs Game 5 
Varsity Captain

Post Pistons vs Cavs Game 5
I am just so sick of Lebron not getting called for anything. Its getting to be really ridiculous in my opinion, still the Pistons played like crap yet again. They betetr get there asses together and whoop some rectum in Game 6

May 17th, 2006, 10:00 pm
Profile YIM
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I am one of the biggest Detroit Pistons' fans out there. But I have to say The Detroit Pistons are done this series. From what I've seen so far this series, a comeback like they've done against Miami and New Jersey the past couple of years won't happen. At least there was something to be optimistic about against Miami and New Jersey. But dropping 3 straight games in a row?? And then Chauncy Billups says he's still not concerned?? WTF is wrong with this team?? They are playing selfish basketball and the only player playing well on this team right now is Tayshaun Prince. Every other player is pissing me off so much right now. I'm done talkiing.

May 17th, 2006, 10:14 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Tayshaun had a great game, outside of LeBron not getting called for anything basically and getting some pretty weak fouls. However, what made Tayshaun's game drop from great to solid was the fact he couldn't hit the shots when the Stones need 'em.

Dyess had an amazing game. Only reason the Stones were in this one.

Chauncey with 6 TOs? A solid 4th quarter doesn't mean anything when you give up 6 TOs and go 1/6 beyond the arc.

I love Ben, but 0/7 at the stripe? Seriously. Unless he starts playing like the defensive player of the year, why is he in the game? He plays when he feels like it. There were numerous boards he could have grabbed but never even attempted.

I did however think that this game was much more fairly officiated than last game. The last game was just pathetic.

This team isn't playing with any agressiveness. Their hearts aren't in it (outside of McD and Tay). Rip looked scared to take the last shot. Sheed and Ben aren't playing agressively until the 4th.

Flip is coaching a pathetic string of games. After the 2 blowouts, Brown completely changed his coaching style and his matchups, Flip hasn't done one thing to counter that. Why is Evans in there? Evans didn't do poop during the season and hasn't done poop in the playoffs. Play Delfino or Delk, Evans sucks. I love Evans athleticism, but he gets faked out way too much.

The past 3 games have been because the Pistons beat the Pistons. I'm giving the Cavs no credit because I think they're a far inferior team. LeBron is a great player, but one player doesn't win you games (unless that player is Wilt).

May 17th, 2006, 10:25 pm
Varsity Captain

I agree the Pistons beat the Pistons plain and simple. The fact they were still even in those games shows how bad the Cavs are.

May 17th, 2006, 10:44 pm
Profile YIM
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I know Joe Dumars keeps reiterating his top priority this offseason is to re-sign Ben Wallace to a huge contract.

Should this team really re-sign Ben Wallace though?? He is a 1-dimensional player (I seriously can shoot better than him) and I don't think his defensive play makes up for his 0/7 free throw nights like tonight. Although I wouldn't want him to go to a rival team like Miami, Cleveland, San Antonio, or Dallas. There have been a lot of talks about Chicago going after Ben Wallace this offseason. Even if they got him I don't think they would be a huge threat. The only good Ben Wallace does is against Shaq (and even Ben gets destroyed by him) but if the Pistons can't even get to play Miami what is the point of having Ben Wallace on the team? Seriously?? Someone please answer this question for me. Maybe I'm just going on a rampage after the loss, but I've always wondered what good Ben Wallace really is. I know he can grab boards, but some nights he doesn't and other centers in this league can grab a lot of boards as well.

May 17th, 2006, 10:52 pm
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Player

I know Joe Dumars keeps reiterating his top priority this offseason is to re-sign Ben Wallace to a huge contract.

Should this team really re-sign Ben Wallace though?? He is a 1-dimensional player (I seriously can shoot better than him) and I don't think his defensive play makes up for his 0/7 free throw nights like tonight. Although I wouldn't want him to go to a rival team like Miami, Cleveland, San Antonio, or Dallas. There have been a lot of talks about Chicago going after Ben Wallace this offseason. Even if they got him I don't think they would be a huge threat. The only good Ben Wallace does is against Shaq (and even Ben gets destroyed by him) but if the Pistons can't even get to play Miami what is the point of having Ben Wallace on the team? Seriously?? Someone please answer this question for me. Maybe I'm just going on a rampage after the loss, but I've always wondered what good Ben Wallace really is. I know he can grab boards, but some nights he doesn't and other centers in this league can grab a lot of boards as well.

Take a steak knife and cut a large hole in your chest. Then cut all the arteries going into and out of your heart. Then pull it out of your chest.

That is what you would be doing to the Pistons if they don't resign Big Ben.

May 18th, 2006, 11:22 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Well, I was worried about this all season long. A three point offense just does not cut it in the playoffs. When Cleveland started playing defense in the fourth quarter of game 2 I could smell trouble. The Pistons could easily win this series but I doubt that they will. They do not believe in themselves and that is partially due to the coach and partially due to the nature of the team. The Pistons are a great team, but in the playoffs you need a star, somebody who can make his own shot when the defenses get stronger. The Pistons just do not have an offensive star that can make their own shot and their defense is not as strong as last year. If Dumars had drafted Wade we would be a dynasty for years to come, but unlike the old bad boys we do not have Zeke and Vinny who can score on anybody. For the Pistons to win somebody has to step up, but who? Chauncey or Wallace are the two most likely candidates, but this sure feels different from than New Jersey series. Maybe if the Pistons have to go to war defensively and got more physical and did not worry about the calls they could also shift the series. After all, they have lost the last three games by a fraction, and it just takes a little bit better execution offensively to pull those games out. Still, right now their offense looks pathetic and their bench even worse. In my opinion Flip did a very poor job getting this team ready for the post season. They do not have any bread and butter plays or defined bench roles. Don't you just feel, that if you brought Larry over to the bench they would win the series?

May 18th, 2006, 12:01 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

A few things. A stated numerous times the Pistons are beating themselves and I simply don't recognize this team. With that said, I give the Cavs some credit for recognizing that we have been a jumpshooting team and switching to a zone and contesting all shots. We have missed a lot that we should be making, but I give them some credit for their defensive intensity.

We need to stop committing turnovers. We have made some simply awful passes. Everyone on the team is to blame for this.

We need some easy baskets. We need to pickup the defensive intensity and create some turnovers and get some fastbreak oppurtunities. We have had very few in the last 3 games.

We need more ball movement, screens, and cutting in our halfcourt sets. The zone defense is easy to pick apart as long as you stay patient and continue to move the ball and make solid screens and cuts. If this happens it opens up backdoor lobs to Ben and Tayshaun and puts the pressure on their defense and softens them up. Once that happens, everything else will open up for us.

Flip needs to start making adjustments. I agree with one of the previous posts. Does anyone think that if LB was still here that we would have lost these last 3 games? I certainly don't. We had a lead of 7 points in game 3 and 5 points in game 4 halfway thru the 4th quarter and lost. No way this happens on LB's watch.

As for your comments about Ben, Preston, stop the madness. If you take him off our team, you take the heart of the team. Regardless of his offensive production, he is still a 4 time DPOY and has been top 3 in rebounding and top 10 in blocks for the last 5 years. And he is a great teammate. You should feel silly even questioning his worth to the team.

I don't think we have no shot in this series now unlike other people. We just need to recommit to the focus of winning basketball and play within ourselves. Might be easier said than done, but I still have confidence.

Tim

May 19th, 2006, 9:38 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

YES IM WORRYED BUT if I had to pic a winner all feelings aside Id take the pistons to pull it out. THEY GOT TO COVER DONYEL MARSHAIL HES KILLIN UM WITH BIG SHOTS LIKE HES ROBERT OREY. This sucks there way better than this! If they loose tonight , well I WONT GO THERE. :P

May 19th, 2006, 5:38 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Don't every say that word in my presence again! :(

Horry@@!!

That guy deserved the MVP for single handedly winning the game that won the series. Duncan is a very good player, but he was a goat most of game 7.

May 19th, 2006, 7:18 pm
Site Admin

Thank gawd...I was gonna be so mad had they lost :cheers:

May 19th, 2006, 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Despite the fact that they won, it was still ugly. They need to fix this if they win game 7 and play the heat. That's going to be one ugly series, especially considering the heat are all rested up and Shaq and Zo are going to come out ready to roll.

May 19th, 2006, 11:41 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Despite the fact that they won, it was still ugly. They need to fix this if they win game 7 and play the heat. That's going to be one ugly series, especially considering the heat are all rested up and Shaq and Zo are going to come out ready to roll.

Going into the playoffs, I was far more concearned with Cleveland than I was Miami. James is all primed to take the next Jordan mantle. He is going to make everyone forget Jordan in the next few years. I was worried about him before the playoffs started. I am not 1 bit surprized by this series. Anyone who is surprized, just hasn't paid much attention to the rest of the league.

May 20th, 2006, 2:28 pm
conversion02 wrote:

Going into the playoffs, I was far more concearned with Cleveland than I was Miami. James is all primed to take the next Jordan mantle. He is going to make everyone forget Jordan in the next few years. I was worried about him before the playoffs started. I am not 1 bit surprized by this series. Anyone who is surprized, just hasn't paid much attention to the rest of the league.

Anyone that isn't surprised hasn't paid much attention to the league and how they coddle their superstars.... It's frickin' ridiculous the crap he gets away with... In the last two years I have been majorly turned off by basketball....

May 21st, 2006, 3:36 am
Div 1 - Starter

Anyone that isn't surprised hasn't paid much attention to the league and how they coddle their superstars.... In the last two years I have been majorly turned off by basketball....

Yeah, sort of like in the NFL, where Randy Moss can kung fu a DB to the ground in the end zone on a lob and then pull down a TD....no flag....or the way Big Ben was called "in" on that desperation lunge to the goal line in the Super Bowl, right?

And announcer bias in NBA is bad....I can't stand Bill Walton or John Thompson, but what about the constant idol worship going on every NFL telecast which features Mike Vick?!

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

May 23rd, 2006, 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next