View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Tigers need a Shortstop 
Junior Varsity

Post Tigers need a Shortstop
tigers dont need any more bats, they need a shortstop that wont screw up routine plays and extend innings all the time.

as long as the left side of the infield is an error machine and todd jones is the closer, this team is vulnerable when it comes down to crunch time.

UPDATE: see what i mean about jones, he tried about as hard as he could to blow the game for the tigers today. at crunch time in september and october he'll get hammered, he'll be like an open door.

May 18th, 2006, 3:05 pm
Profile YIM
Varsity Captain

I'm alright with Guillen, and Inge, I think they can get things shored up, but I think your right on about Jones. I was nervous as hell when he was here the first time, bring back Farnsworth.

May 19th, 2006, 10:25 am
I'm alright with Guillen, and Inge, I think they can get things shored up, but I think your right on about Jones. I was nervous as hell when he was here the first time, bring back Farnsworth.

Farnsworth doesn't want to be here... That's why he was traded in the first place.

Jones is a proven vet that gets it done and doesn't crack under pressure...

We're fine in both aspects and we have the best damn record in all of baseball right now... Stop bitchin'

May 19th, 2006, 11:24 am
Varsity Captain

beldav wrote:

Farnsworth doesn't want to be here... That's why he was traded in the first place.

Jones is a proven vet that gets it done and doesn't crack under pressure...

We're fine in both aspects and we have the best damn record in all of baseball right now... Stop bitchin'
I'm not bitchin I'm happy as I can be, but there's a reason Jones was released the first time, and it wasn't because he cost to much. I'll have to find the link, but there was an interview where Farnsworth said he would like to come back to Detroit. By the way Rodney's a much better option for closer.

May 19th, 2006, 1:02 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I have no problem at all with Carlos Guillen. While he is commiting more errors than he usually does, he is still a solid fielding SS and one of the better hitting SS in the major leagues. He's a keeper IMO.

As for Todd Jones, I cringed when they signed him this winter. I can't stand the guy and get worried every time that they bring him in to close a game. Fernando Rodney should be given the closer role because he is much more consistent.

I don't really care for Brandon Inge either and I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers try to acquire a 3B before the trade deadline or following the season.

May 19th, 2006, 6:56 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

A lot of teams would trade their SS for Guillen. My only complaint with him is that he does not seem durable.

If you look at the team's strengths and weaknesses they have a pretty good talent configuration to go the distance. Their main weakness is that they do not have an all star closer and that their best starters are very young. But even there, they have arms that have amazing potential.

May 19th, 2006, 7:22 pm
Varsity Captain

If we see Todd Jones tonight, look at him closely, does he look like a major league closer. or should he be holding a hotdog with mustard on his shirt. That's why I love this sport.

May 19th, 2006, 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]