View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Champ at WR? 
RIP Killer

Post Champ at WR?
Broncos: Bailey to get a shot at wide receiver
The News

Broncos' cornerback Champ Bailey has repeatedly expressed his desire to play on both sides of the ball, and it appears that his head coach is going to take him up on the offer. "That will be a big part of what Champ does in the offseason," Broncos' head coach Mike Shanahan is quoted as saying in Sunday's Denver Post. "We're going to see what he can do?to work some as a receiver. That speed of his makes it really appealing." Bailey had one reception for 11 yards last year, and recorded three previous receptions in his five-year career.
Our View
Don't go racing out to add Champ to your offensive fantasy roster based on this news, as he will still spend the overwhelming majority of his time on defense. He might take a few snaps as a wideout, but the Broncos will likely conserve most of his energy for defense.

March 28th, 2005, 8:45 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think it could be done,he has great speed,but I wouldnt wanna risk my elite corner getting hurt playing wideout...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Neither would I. I mean, he's a stud CB, why try to mess that up by crossing the middle and getting his day wrecked by the likes of a Sean Taylor or Donovin Darius. IMO, he wants to have the attention that Troy Brown got last year for playing both sides of the ball.

March 28th, 2005, 11:46 am

Yeah thats what im thinking too,but last year he wanted to play WR also so I dont know...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

You can bet that he would be rudely awakened by dbacks covering him. new_snipersmilie.gif

March 28th, 2005, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Wasn?t there talk about him playing a little on the offensive side of the ball last offseason to? Anyway i guess he?s a stud CB but since im from Sweden i cant see to many games a season :( .
The only game ive seen with Champ Bailey was the Broncos-Bengals game when he got owned by Chad Johnson :D

March 29th, 2005, 3:02 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He did all the talking. IMO two way players have to concentrate more on one postition than the other. Troy Brown wasn't much of a WR when he had to go corner. Just because you could go both sides of the ball in High school and college against hick town teams doesn't mean you can in the NFL (see Charles Woodson).

BTW- Sorry to hear that Sweden. Can you buy a dish and pick up NFL sunday Ticket at all?

March 29th, 2005, 9:27 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Just because you could go both sides of the ball in High school and college against hick town teams doesn't mean you can in the NFL (see Charles Woodson).

Exception: Deion Sanders. That man could do it all...too bad he showboated over it more than any NFL player in history (including Moss). Sanders still remains the only player to catch a pass for a TD and return a pick for TD in the super bowl. Too bad he's so stuck on himself...and he sucks at pregame analysis. Gimme James Brown anyday.

March 29th, 2005, 9:56 am
Site Admin

I think of all positions that is the one most suited for 2 way play. I think it also could be a possible benifit to you as a CB to see the game more from the WR angle and see how different corners play you. That being said he is a huge investment and I would bet many CBs feel that this is more of an ego move and they would love to humble him a bit by placing a nice hit on him.

Hell at this point...the Lions should have kept McMike as a WR :retard: If we don't sign anyone or draft ppl we could have some holes.

March 29th, 2005, 10:06 am
Profile WWW

I thought they could change McMahon to WR 2 years ago I just didnt like him as a QB...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 29th, 2005, 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Bsand, in sweden we basically get the MNF games and the game Fox is sending on sundays. I think thats about it.

April 1st, 2005, 1:14 pm
League MVP

Bailey is already one of the best corners in the NFL. I really doubt that it would help his defense to play WR...

April 1st, 2005, 7:39 pm
RIP Killer

If you're referring to Alpha's statement, I think it was a generalized statement on CBs, not regarding Champ. However, I agree that it wouldn't benefit Champ's CB game if he played some WR.

April 1st, 2005, 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]