View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tigers SUCK 
Junior Varsity

Post Tigers SUCK
same old sh*t.

up 7 or 8 games and then right back down 7 or 8 games.

no different from last year.

this is the second time already this year, total repeat of last year.

"we'll be back to .500 soon". we will alright, f*ck them.

May 9th, 2006, 10:23 pm
Profile YIM
Modmin Dude

Did you expect them to win the World Series this year???? Let's be realistic...if they finish anywhere near .500 this year then that will be a great accomplishment. Chill out, there is still 4 months left

Go Tigers :cheers:

May 10th, 2006, 9:25 am
Junior Varsity

Gotta love that optimism :roll:

Did you expect them to win the World Series this year???? Let's be realistic...if they finish anywhere near .500 this year then that will be a great accomplishment. Chill out, there is still 4 months left

Go Tigers :cheers:

no, i expect them when they gain some ground to atleast hang onto it for a while, not drop like a rock.

its going to be the same roller coaster bs from last year.

May 10th, 2006, 9:55 am
Profile YIM
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Wow, the season is barely 20% over. Let's not start predicting doomsday.

If anyone would have told me before the season that 30 games in we would be in 2nd place and leading the league in team ERA, I would have said they were crazy. I know we are 1-4 over the last 5 games, but in a 162 game season you will have lulls.

Quote:
its going to be the same roller coaster bs from last year.

I have to disagree with this. Leyland is a much better manager than Trammell and has done a great job with getting the pulse of this team. We'll be fine.

As Wags said, we weren't going to win the World Series this year.....

Tim

May 10th, 2006, 1:01 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Tigers have had three 5 or more game WINNING streaks this year. (Prior to this year, the Tigers have had a GRAND TOTAL OF ZERO 5 game winning streaks in the last 5 years). And they have only lost as many as 4 games in a row once pending tonight's game. ( Over the last 5 seasons, if the Tigers ONLY lost 4 in a row, THAT WAS A GOOD THING.)

This years Tigers are ANYTHING BUT the same old Tigers.

May 10th, 2006, 7:03 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The Tigers are poised for a strong finish. We have seen this pattern before in MLB, where stud rookie pitchers like Verlander and Z catch fire after the all star break and win a dozen games a piece. The offense is well balanced and they seem to have more heart than in year's past. Dombrowski has done a great job and the best is yet to come.

May 14th, 2006, 4:36 am
Varsity Captain

The Tigers are poised for a strong finish. We have seen this pattern before in MLB, where stud rookie pitchers like Verlander and Z catch fire after the all star break and win a dozen games a piece. The offense is well balanced and they seem to have more heart than in year's past. Dombrowski has done a great job and the best is yet to come.
Agreed I've seen determination to win this year, which is nice after such a long lull. If only we can get some of our other teams to think that way.

May 14th, 2006, 10:18 am
Walk On

Just swept indians away from home for the first time since 1990. Thats gotta stand for somthing. Best road rec in the the league 16-7.
:cheers:

May 15th, 2006, 2:52 am
Afghan Allstar

Just swept indians away from home for the first time since 1990. Thats gotta stand for somthing. Best road rec in the the league 16-7.
:cheers:

And only a half game away from the best record in the league![/b]

May 15th, 2006, 10:22 am

And only a half game away from the best record in the league![/

Which happen to be the White Sox. Who happen to reside in our division. Who happen to have already beaten us 3 times in 3 games. Even when we prosper, someone is still holding us down....lol :lol:

Tim

May 15th, 2006, 3:20 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Tigers SUCK
NEWT 4 PREZ wrote:
same old sh*t.

up 7 or 8 games and then right back down 7 or 8 games.

no different from last year.

this is the second time already this year, total repeat of last year.

"we'll be back to .500 soon". we will alright, f*ck them.

:lol:

May 26th, 2006, 11:50 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Newt, are you looking at the farm clubs? sure can't be the pro team..they have only lost 15 games so far, so where are you getting your info? maybe you just woke up and it is 2003 or maybe 2005? wait, another story on the Tigers on ESPN!!! when did we hear about the Tigers on ESPN? oh, it was when they were closing on setting a record for the most loses in a year..

May 28th, 2006, 5:57 pm
RIP Killer

GOOD JOB TIGERS - Way to TEASE everyone! What's this, a 5 game losing streak? 5-0 to the Yanks in the top of the third.

Edit - What an AMAZING comeback. Showed that they can really pull out the big games in crunch time. HUGE win. I didn't know Verlander had a cut index finger at the beginning of the game...why'd JL start him???

June 1st, 2006, 7:58 pm
GOOD JOB TIGERS - Way to TEASE everyone! What's this, a 5 game losing streak? 5-0 to the Yanks in the top of the third.

Edit - What an AMAZING comeback. Showed that they can really pull out the big games in crunch time. HUGE win. I didn't know Verlander had a cut index finger at the beginning of the game...why'd JL start him???

Verlander was geeked to play the Yanks... He came out... battled back.. and seemed to be doin' ok before he got rocked in the 3rd inning... Also, JL was talking about wanting to see how the "kid" reacted to the pressure of playing the Yanks... He wanted to see if he was going to pitch his game, or if he was going to try to over-throw pitches and "force" things... All in all I would say that JL learned an important lesson about his young star, and, in the end it didn't cost us anything...

June 2nd, 2006, 2:34 am

Great comeback against the Yanks! It kinda helped the Mariano didn't pitch, but what the hey, I'll take it.

Tim

June 2nd, 2006, 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next