View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Stick a fork in them... 
Site Admin

Post Stick a fork in them...
Normally I would be a homerish for our boys...but the Pistons have given me nothing to believe that they deserve anything but getting outted tonight. They looked unimpressive against probably one of the weakest teams in the playoffs with the Bucks, they barely escaped the 2nd round against the Cavs, and have looked completely out hussled, outdefended, outplayed versus the Heat. Miami is just a superior team at this point. They can say we have the "best starting five" but in these playoffs they have been completely inconsistent and out of sink. I don't even think Chancy could win a 6th man award with his performacnces lately.

I would think that if they go out wimpering at home tonight that you will see different starting 5 next year and hopefully a bolstered bench. The Darko pick hurts more and more with every passing loss.

May 31st, 2006, 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I, too, do not have much faith in the Pistons to climb out of this hole. I do think they somehow pull out a win tonight, but I don't see them getting past Miami in Miami. That touch rule that was instituted last offseason has really benefitted Wade. He just gets touched and its a whistle. Not blaming the refs though. I just wish we had a player who could take someone off the dribble at will like the Heat have. We definitely could have used them in this series.

Well, I know it is an old cliche, but the Pistons just need to take this one game at a time. If we win tonight, who knows what can happen. But I am not holding my breath.

Tim

May 31st, 2006, 2:32 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

I've been reading a lot of articles claiming that the players and the coach (Flip) aren't getting along. It's in the papers now and that is never good.

Here's a link to an article that I agree with
[url]
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns[/url]

He seems to have lost the team already. I'm completely shocked at the comments by the Stones lately. Even Tay is spilling the beans.

I think the starters are still good enough but have to have the right coach and Flip isn't it.

This might be a quick decision on my part because I did like the signing, but after seeing what has transpired in the playoffs, its time for him to go.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

May 31st, 2006, 2:32 pm
Site Admin

I totally agree with Tad on getting a guy that can penetrate the way Wayde can. Maybe not to his calibur but the Pistons do not even try. When I watch and Rip, Chauncy, Sheed continue to clank shots and yet they will not attempt to post up or get to the basket it drives me insane. What happens is that they shot poorly so then they try to get out of the hole by lofting up 3 pointers!!! Seems so backwards to me. Like I said...we will have a different team next year.

May 31st, 2006, 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Don't give up yet!!!!! We're still in this thing.

Go Pistons!!!!!!! headbang.gif

June 1st, 2006, 9:22 am
Site Admin

Finally a good defensive effort from them. I know Lindsay doesn't score a lot but I actually prefer him in than Rip. Linday can pick anyones pocket at any moment and I think forces guys to play less agressively. Plus I cannot stand Rips consistent inconsistency. He missed some of the easiest shot's it reminded me of Corliss in the playoffs a couple years back when it seemed like someone put a glass cover on the hoop. Plus he whines constantly...

Oh well...the win was a win. I like the fact that we didn't win based upon getting 40some FT's. The calls were fairly even which I hope is the case in Miami. If not we are in trouble because Riley is not going to allow TayTay go crazy again. At this point the best lineup seems to be Ben, Dyess, Tay, Hunter, and Chauncy. Those guys are playing hard.

June 1st, 2006, 9:24 am
Profile WWW

I agree that the defensive effort was finally up to par. We finally started showing Wade doubleteams as soon as he touched the ball and forced him to either to give up the ball or get trapped and suffer a turnover. Unfortunately, we should have done this 2 games ago.

Another big adjustment on D was allowing Ben to come off Shaq for periods at a time and play some help defense, where he is at his disruptive best.

Riley will definitely make adjustments for this and for Tayshaun. He will probably play Posey more and sit Walker. Chauncey and Sheed need to step up in game 6 and have big games. They have yet to play up to par. We cannot have Tay carrying us again by himself or we'll lose, plan and simple.

Tim

June 1st, 2006, 10:39 am
Modmin Dude

I thought that Riley already game-planned for Tay - they held him in check Game 4, but it didn't work Game 5. I guess we'll see tomorrow. I still have faith in them.

Go Pistons!!!!

June 1st, 2006, 12:57 pm

I'm not sure Riles game planned as much as Tay just had a bad game. He was just due for one after carrying us in the Cleveland series. No shame there. Tay is just so unorthodox a player that I'm not sure you can gameplan him. I think he takes himself out of games a lot by not being aggressive and trying to be a good teammate and share the ball too much. He needs to be more selfish at times and realize they have no one who can guard him one on one. Just my take.

Tim

June 1st, 2006, 1:43 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I agree that the defensive effort was finally up to par. We finally started showing Wade doubleteams as soon as he touched the ball and forced him to either to give up the ball or get trapped and suffer a turnover. Unfortunately, we should have done this 2 games ago.

This tactic was the critical change that Flip finally instituted against LeBron in game 7 of the last series. LeBron didn't turn the ball over too much, but he did get frustrated, and started forcing much tougher shots. Last night's performance by Wade looked more like LeBron in game 7: Still good, but not dominant.

Was I the only person crying out in joy when Ben finally contested one of those underhand-flip-up-to-Shaq-for monster slam-mini-'oops that Wade has been killing us on?

I said if before, PISTONS IN 7, and I will stick by it, but I will also admit that this was not the way I wanted to get it done. I do not feel it is probable, but it is definitely possible. If we force game 7, MIA is bound to be scared stiff.....

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

June 1st, 2006, 2:48 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

If Rip could ever shoot 50% and turn the ball over less than 3 times I think we could win. I do not think we will get 30 from price or 100% from McDyess. Since we are also playing at Miami Sheed will have to clock more than 15 points.

June 1st, 2006, 4:06 pm

They are reporting that Wade has flu symptoms and missed practice but will play tonight in game 6. Hopefully this slows him down some. Unfortunately, the only memory I have of a player playing with the flu was when Jordan played after getting IV's all day and during the game and scored 45 points in a playoff game. Let's hope this doesn't happen.......

Tim

June 2nd, 2006, 2:08 pm
They are reporting that Wade has flu symptoms and missed practice but will play tonight in game 6. Hopefully this slows him down some. Unfortunately, the only memory I have of a player playing with the flu was when Jordan played after getting IV's all day and during the game and scored 45 points in a playoff game. Let's hope this doesn't happen.......

That's great news... Even if he shows up and begins to play well... Hopefully the game wears on him... That said.. Shaq looks to be slowing down as well... He looked like he did when he was 26-27 the first couple of games this series.. He was mobile and playing well on defense... That has since slowed down... Hopefully we're able to contain both of those guys and whoop some Heat azzz to bring the series home...

June 2nd, 2006, 3:53 pm
Site Admin

Well it could also be head games from Riley...getting the Pistons psyched about Wayde playing sick seems to make sense to me...especially since this is a must win for virtually both teams IMO. I think its a bogus illness...

June 2nd, 2006, 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, that would be some serious head games. Then again, I wouldn't put anything past Riles. I really don't think the Pistons care one way or the other whether Wade feels ill or not though. If we play OUR game, we should win.

Tim

June 2nd, 2006, 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next