View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tigers in First Place!!!!! 
RIP Killer

If we lose 3 games throughout these 3 series, I'll be thrilled. I'll know they're for real if they do.

Edit - I just realized they have series with the: Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, and Blue Jays. If they go .500 over those 4 series, I'll know they're for real. 4 of the better teams in the league. They need to prove to everyone.

May 28th, 2006, 11:15 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I just got back from Comerica Park after seeing the 4-0 loss. While it was disappointing to see them lose in that fashion, I understand that it isn't the end of the world. If they can play .500 ball against the Yankees, Red Sox, and White Sox, I'll be happy. We certainly couldn't have asked for that over the past decade or so. Just roll with it and take the good with the bad. I still think that we'll end up seeing more good than bad, but whether it will be good enough to make the playoffs or not is open for speculation. I just like the fact that baseball is fun again in this town and I was willing to actually go to a game for the first time in a long time. I also liked that I wasn't the only one there. The place was packed and that was a good thing to see.

May 29th, 2006, 5:37 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

The place was packed and that was a good thing to see.

The place has always been packed when the yankee's come to town.

The tigers are doing great. There would have to be a total meltdown, even worse than last year, for them to have a bad year.

Dombrowski needs to go get a left handed power hitter. Tod Helton anybody? I know he plays first and Shelton is there, any idea's on how to work that out? Any other lefties out there?

May 30th, 2006, 11:43 am
slybri19 wrote:
The place was packed and that was a good thing to see.

The place has always been packed when the yankee's come to town.

The tigers are doing great. There would have to be a total meltdown, even worse than last year, for them to have a bad year.

Dombrowski needs to go get a left handed power hitter. Tod Helton anybody? I know he plays first and Shelton is there, any idea's on how to work that out? Any other lefties out there?

IMO they should find a LH power hitter to DH... Infante was our DH yesterday, he's hardly a high powered bat...

May 30th, 2006, 1:54 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

Name-Team-Position

Ryan Howard - Philly - 1st
Todd Helton - Rockies - 1st
Adam Dunn - reds -LF/1st
Lance Berkman - Astros - LF/1st
Jeromy Burnitz - Pirates - RF
Nick Johnson - Nationals - 1st
J.D. Drew - Dodgers -RF
Raul Ibanez - Mariners -LF/1st

i didn't put any players from teams in the division because I don't think they would want to help our cause.

I put a couple of players up there that are on teams that are still in contention so they would have to fall out of contention to part with them.

From this list I think that Todd Helton would be the best pick and then Adam Dunn.

May 30th, 2006, 5:06 pm
RIP Killer

GOOD JOB TURD JONES! Way to give up a homer in the top of the 11th to ruin any hope the Tigs had at winning that game.

Todd Jones SUCKS.

May 30th, 2006, 10:55 pm
GOOD JOB TURD JONES! Way to give up a homer in the top of the 11th to ruin any hope the Tigs had at winning that game.

Todd Jones SUCKS.

Eh... the only reason he was playing was cause Rodney was throwin' like CRAP!... Spurling didn't look stellar either... It's easy to look like a poor pitcher when you're playing the Yanks... Kudos for them for battling back.. but if this game is anyone's fault it is the fault of the offense for not batting another run in... We were set... man on 3rd... either no outs or one out... Ready to take the win... Couldn't get it done..

May 30th, 2006, 11:27 pm
RIP Killer

Not saying it wasn't the Tigers fault for not batting that run in, but Turd Jones pitched like crap (Spurling wasn't much better). I'm more pissed about Grilli and Zumaya being pulled when they were pitching well...MUCH better than Jones did. I didn't think Rodney was doing a bad job. Better than Jones...who was a mistake in signing.

On another note, Farnsworth pitched very well. Made the Tigers batters look stupid on those breaking balls.

Off topic - Dmitri Young is a waste of a roster space. I hope he's gone next season. He's had a few good games I can remember (that one a couple years ago when he went for the cycle and opening day last season), but more often than not he's in a slump. DH's need to be more reliable.

May 31st, 2006, 7:56 pm

I agree that Todd Jones sucks and I was upset the day that they signed him. However, after losing 4 in a row (including 3 to the Yankees), they came from behind to win it in the 9th last night. Now, here comes the Red Sox followed by the White Sox! I just hope that they can break even against those two.

BTW, the White Sox lost to Cleveland last night, so the Tigers are still in first place by 2 1/2 games!

June 2nd, 2006, 6:59 pm
RIP Killer

Todd Jones SUCKS.

I stand by my comment. Turd Jones is a POS.

June 2nd, 2006, 11:31 pm
Div 1 - Starter

here's a list of potential players

Name-Team-Position

Adam Dunn - reds -LF/1st
J.D. Drew - Dodgers -RF

i didn't put any players from teams in the division because I don't think they would want to help our cause.

I put a couple of players up there that are on teams that are still in contention so they would have to fall out of contention to part with them.

From this list I think that Todd Helton would be the best pick and then Adam Dunn.

Both of those players are playing for teams that are doing well enough that they would never part with those guys. Another team who might be willing to part with a pricey left handed slugger is PHI, simply because they already have a glut of LH hitters in the middle of their lineup (Utley, Howard, Abreu).

I would like to see a mad charge for Bob Abreu. The guy can slug and he is speedy on the basepaths an in LF. I still remember watching this guy parking shot after shot in the home run derby last summer, wishing we had a guy like that to take advantage of the slightly shorter fence out there.
Then again, the other possibility is less glamorous (or moreso, depending on what you consider the definition of popularity to be): Barry L. Bonds.

Both Bonds and Abreu are not afraid of hitting in a big park (hello, Juan Gone).

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

June 3rd, 2006, 10:38 am

As soon as I saw Todd Jones entering the game in the 9th inning, I knew that they were gonna lose! He can't hold a 3 run lead, let alone 1. When will Leyland realize that he can't keep putting his 4th worst pitcher (in terms of ERA) into the game when it is that close? It's time for Rodney to become the closer IMO.

On the bright side, the White Sox lost too.

June 3rd, 2006, 12:03 pm
Hall of Fame Player

PT Bruiser wrote:
here's a list of potential players

Name-Team-Position

Adam Dunn - reds -LF/1st
J.D. Drew - Dodgers -RF

Both of those players are playing for teams that are doing well enough that they would never part with those guys. Another team who might be willing to part with a pricey left handed slugger is PHI, simply because they already have a glut of LH hitters in the middle of their lineup (Utley, Howard, Abreu).

I would like to see a mad charge for Bob Abreu. The guy can slug and he is speedy on the basepaths an in LF. I still remember watching this guy parking shot after shot in the home run derby last summer, wishing we had a guy like that to take advantage of the slightly shorter fence out there.
Then again, the other possibility is less glamorous (or moreso, depending on what you consider the definition of popularity to be): Barry L. Bonds.

Both Bonds and Abreu are not afraid of hitting in a big park (hello, Juan Gone).

I would piss all over myself in excitement if we could get Abreu :!:

June 3rd, 2006, 8:57 pm

After watching Miner's inability to throw a strike today, I came up with another idea. Maroth will be out for atleast 2-3 months and Leyland is doubful that he will pitch again this season. They need a 5th starter and it's becoming obvious that he isn't on the current roster (Colon experiment) or in the minor leagues (Miner today). Go get Dontrelle Willis.

The Florida Marlins are notorius for dumping high salaries or players that will be eligible for arbitration and a much higher salary the next season. The latter applies to Willis. Sure, he isn't having the greatest year this season, but he was 22-10 with a 2.63 ERA last season. And he's only 24! The Tigers aren't going to win anything without 5 solid starters, so that's what I would do. If they don't adequately replace Maroth now, they may be out of the race before he is able to come back.

June 4th, 2006, 10:55 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Maybe we could throw Dmitri Young in a trade for Dontrell Willis. Do you think the Florida Marlins have any interest in him? He would become reunited with his brother down in Florida.

June 5th, 2006, 3:18 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next