View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 5:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 GAME 6....lets go Pistons!!! 
Site Admin

Post GAME 6....lets go Pistons!!!
Keys to the game...

They need to play pressure D and drive to the basket early and often...that's it...that simple.

June 2nd, 2006, 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Miami's gaurds have 2 fouls and the Stones still aren't physically attacking the basket. Make them work, get them on the bumps.

June 2nd, 2006, 8:58 pm
Site Admin

It's like the starters don't even care...bring in the bench...

June 2nd, 2006, 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Sheed sure as hell didn't care. Rip started playing like a winner, but the rest of the team played like crap and didn't care. There's NO excuses for missing multiple layups and 5 footers.

BTW - ENOUGH OF WADE BEING SICK. THE GUY IS MAKING MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PLAY HURT AND SICK.

Oh yeah, and Jason Williams is bound to have 1 good game sometime this year...unfortunately it came today. He shot amazingly, but your PG should usually always have 15+ points and 7+ assists. Williams rarely has that.

June 2nd, 2006, 11:02 pm
Sheed sure as hell didn't care. Rip started playing like a winner, but the rest of the team played like crap and didn't care. There's NO excuses for missing multiple layups and 5 footers.

BTW - ENOUGH OF WADE BEING SICK. THE GUY IS MAKING MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PLAY HURT AND SICK.

Oh yeah, and Jason Williams is bound to have 1 good game sometime this year...unfortunately it came today. He shot amazingly, but your PG should usually always have 15+ points and 7+ assists. Williams rarely has that.

I agree Rip was one of few starters that were in it... IMO the problem though, is coaching... We seem lost as a cohesive unit out there... We're not "playing right" as LB put it... Chauncy is taking early shots... Rip isn't moving without the ball like he usually does... We're passing the ball to no one, and we watch it go out of bounds... IMO Flip, not Rip, Sheed, Ben, Billups, or Prince is the real problem... Even he seems like he didn't care much... His rant seemed ridiculous after game 4 and 5... His anger and "fire" (or lack there of) reminds me of Trammel trying to be tuff in the Tiger's commercial when he says "lets go"... He sounded like a pussy...

June 2nd, 2006, 11:08 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

My question is how long of a contract did Joe Dumars sign Flip Saunders to? If we decide to fire him, will he just walk with all that money?? If not, I'd fire Flip Saunders in a heartbeat. Sure he won almost 70 games during the regular season, but the postseason is how a team is judged and the Detroit Pistons played the worst basketball this postseason compared to the past 2 years.

Also, what coaches come to mind for the coaching vacancy if Flip Saunders is indeed fired? Should we go for a safe, veteran coach in this league or a young coach from a college team?? I feel like the Detroit Pistons should definitely go with a very experienced and wise coach. Basically like a Larry Brown. I say this because if you look at the coaches of the Red Wings and Pistons this year (Babcock and Saunders) they were both very young compared to Jim Leyland. And look how the Tigers are playing this year, although we have yet to see how they play in the playoffs.

June 3rd, 2006, 1:21 am
Profile YIM
My question is how long of a contract did Joe Dumars sign Flip Saunders to? If we decide to fire him, will he just walk with all that money?? If not, I'd fire Flip Saunders in a heartbeat. Sure he won almost 70 games during the regular season, but the postseason is how a team is judged and the Detroit Pistons played the worst basketball this postseason compared to the past 2 years.

Also, what coaches come to mind for the coaching vacancy if Flip Saunders is indeed fired? Should we go for a safe, veteran coach in this league or a young coach from a college team?? I feel like the Detroit Pistons should definitely go with a very experienced and wise coach. Basically like a Larry Brown. I say this because if you look at the coaches of the Red Wings and Pistons this year (Babcock and Saunders) they were both very young compared to Jim Leyland. And look how the Tigers are playing this year, although we have yet to see how they play in the playoffs.

To say that Pistons should grab some old coot as a coach just because Babcock is kind of young, and Saunders is kind of young is ridiculous... Babcock has been very sucessful, and other younger coaches have as well... We do need someone with some experience, and most importantly the Pistons need someone with some authority and integrity... They have no respect for Flip and it shows... Too many chiefs and not enough indians... Too many cooks in the kitchen... W/E you want to call it... And we need an X's and O's guy... Flip was HORRIBLE at game planning and strategery...

June 3rd, 2006, 2:27 am
Site Admin

Like Hubie Brown said 1000 times...they had open shots...they couldn't make 1. I disagree with Chauncy taking shots...he barely took any in the first quarter...he is so far off his game it made me sick. He would drive and when he normally would go strong to the hoop he made a lame completely obvious pass. I don't understand...he completely dissappeared. He was also awful on defense...he rarely got a hand in J.Wils face and basically allowed him to shoot freely. His missed his technical...he was just not the same.

Rip played better...about damn time...but he still missed some awful easy shots. I liked how he attacked Shaq and the basket.

Sheed is just non-existent...I think if there is a player to be moved it would be Sheed. But I think there is strife in the locker room for sure.

Ben was pretty much the only offense for a few and he was canning his free throws.

I seriously think we would have been better off with Lindsay playing for Chauncy and Dyess for Sheed most of the game. Delk came out and made the starters look like they were cemented to the ground....

Their effort was no less than pathetic. I love the team and love how well they have played but they were awful in these playoffs.

We need dribble penetration badly...

June 3rd, 2006, 11:12 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Delk gave a great effort...but he has to realize he's not Dwayne Wade. There's no reason Delk should be throwing up wild layups in an effort to draw a show-stopping 3 point play like Wade is known for. Delk tried that about 4 times last night and it pissed me off.

June 3rd, 2006, 11:27 am
Delk gave a great effort...but he has to realize he's not Dwayne Wade. There's no reason Delk should be throwing up wild layups in an effort to draw a show-stopping 3 point play like Wade is known for. Delk tried that about 4 times last night and it pissed me off.

Delk is garbage and he shoots the ball 70-80% of the time he gets it... He's frickin' terrible... He was a terrible pick up... and he hasn't played well all year... He made some garbage azz shots early when we picked him up and everyone went wild for the guy... I said then that the guy sucks and I'm sticking to it...

June 3rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

It should be very interesting this summer in what comes out of this mess.. also any comments from guys leaving the team.. Ben is on contract talks and may walk after this one.. Hunter will probably retire.. Delfino wants out.. lots of fans want Sheed traded after his disappearing act during the playoffs.. makes me sick.. number 1 power ranking team and Flip could not do it!!

June 3rd, 2006, 6:12 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I dont think the Roster needs to be changed much. If Dumars can find the right coach, Ben will stay. I wouldn't be too upset if Sheed was traded (i don't see it happening), but i'd like to see him stay. The players can obviously win...the biggest difference between this year and the past two years is the coach.

Who could the pistons hire as a HC. LB would be nice, but its not gonna happen. I have no idea who the options are, But it's gotta be a guy who stresses Deffense, and runs a simple Offense that relies on ball movement, getting open shots for other guys, and easy layups/close shots.

June 3rd, 2006, 6:25 pm
National Champion

I think they will keep flip for one more year. i really dont see Ben comming back. This is Not his team anymore. Ben is a liability on offense they just hack him in a close game , we have to take him out and what good is he on the bench? Tayshaun is the guy this team needs to be built around, he is an emerging star in this league and he has already been signed to a long term contract. So I think we keep Chauncey, and Rip to go with tayshaun, they will probably have rasheed back because i dont see anyone out there who would want to trade for him..

Ben got this team to a certin level. But what more can he do? he isnt really big enough to play center in this league. it was ok while Shaq was outwest he only had to play him twice a year and then in the finals but having to play him more takes a toll. Be was good for this organization, but we have to face the facts if you want to keep winning you might have to let him go, The pistons held on to the bad boys too long and they fell to a mediocore and then a loosing team.

June 3rd, 2006, 10:29 pm
Stadium Announcer

conversion02 wrote:

Delk is garbage and he shoots the ball 70-80% of the time he gets it... He's frickin' terrible... He was a terrible pick up... and he hasn't played well all year... He made some garbage azz shots early when we picked him up and everyone went wild for the guy... I said then that the guy sucks and I'm sticking to it...

I totally agree. Delk is garbage and all he thinks about is himself and getting 50 points in a game again. While watching the game in Australia my friends and I were commenting that Delk shoots the ball like the shot clock is at one. Even if Billups was off his game, why send in Delk? I'd rather send in Hunter over selfish Delk.

June 4th, 2006, 4:21 am
Div 1 - Starter

I dont see how Dumars could keep Flip and let Ben leave. It makes no sense at all, and If it happened I wouldnt expect the pistons to make it past the second round next year. Ben is the epitome this team. They better get rid of Flip, the pistons were much better before when they had Ben and didnt have Flip.

If they did let Ben leave who would play C next year??? Whoever it would be, he wont be nearly as good as Ben.

Get the right kind of coach back here, re-sign Ben, get rid of Delk, sign Mike James. Then the pistons will be back to their previous form.

IMO the biggest question is, who will the next coach be???

June 4th, 2006, 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next