View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 OILERS: 
Red Shirt Freshman

PT Bruiser wrote:
Go Canes :!: :!: :!: :) :) :D :D :D :) :D :D :shock: :shock: :o :lol: :o :cry: :roll: :wink: :x :shock: :D :)

Well CONGRATS!
Enjoy it now, because next season you'll have my Red Wings to look out for!

Thank you. As for YOUR Red Wings, they're mine too. Just because I moved down here recently doesn't mean that I give up my loyalty.

Great game last night1

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

June 20th, 2006, 7:00 am
Personally I am elated that Edmonton lost... Really I didn't think they deserved to win.. They played great and had tons of heart, but I really think the league bailed them out a TON of times throughout the playoffs. Last night was no different, Carolina got screwed out of a goal but still managed to whoop their azz... Fitting... I'm not crazy about their style of play... It's more of quirk or loophole hockey than great play... Kind of like the Pistons bad boyz crew... I would rather watch good hockey teams lose than bad hockey teams win...

June 20th, 2006, 2:34 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I pretty much agree with wjb on this one. I'm glad that the Canes won because I think that the Oilers are a dirty team. They take their fair share of penalties because of it, but they know that the refs aren't going to call everything, so they get away with a lot. I would much rather watch skill players moving up and down the ice than a bunch of thugs any day.

June 21st, 2006, 7:11 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I pretty much agree with wjb on this one. I'm glad that the Canes won because I think that the Oilers are a dirty team. They take their fair share of penalties because of it, but they know that the refs aren't going to call everything, so they get away with a lot. I would much rather watch skill players moving up and down the ice than a bunch of thugs any day.

I thought that's the exact style the bad boys played with and the Detroit Pistons over the past couple of years (maybe not this year though). So you're saying it's alright to play that way in basketball but not in hockey?? That's the reason I was rooting for the Edmonton Oilers, along with the fact that they beat the Red Wings.

June 22nd, 2006, 1:31 am
Profile YIM
slybri19 wrote:

I thought that's the exact style the bad boys played with and the Detroit Pistons over the past couple of years (maybe not this year though). So you're saying it's alright to play that way in basketball but not in hockey?? That's the reason I was rooting for the Edmonton Oilers, along with the fact that they beat the Red Wings.

:roll:

Read my post...

It's not that it's good for one sport and not the other... The Pistons were hated when they made their Bad Boyz runs... Hated everywhere but here... I was glad to see the late 80's/early 90's Pistons teams win, because I'm a fan of theirs. That said, that doesn't mean I know that it's not good basketball, much the same way that the Oilers fail to play good hockey.

June 22nd, 2006, 5:44 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

adpreston1385, I hate basketball and never watch it, so that comparison doesn't apply to me. I simply hate thugs and if the Pistons fit that category, I guess I hate them too.

June 24th, 2006, 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2