View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 All-star game 
RIP Killer

Post All-star game
This really makes me mad. The Tigers only have one player even really being considered for the All-Star game (Pudge). How does a team win 52 games and only have one player worth considering as an All-Star? I know this team isn't like the Pistons where everyone can be a star and shine...but seriously.

Inge not even getting a look? He's one of the best defensive players in the game...plus he's a good power hitter (needs to work on trying to get singles rather than homers though).

Granderson is developing into one of the better CFs in the league as well.

Look at who's sweeping...the Red Sox and the Yankees. Guys that don't even deserve it, as usual. It's BS. Vote up to 25 times per person? WTF? It's just so stupid how they do the voting for this game.

June 27th, 2006, 8:45 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The Tigers do not have stars in their hitting line up. They are a great unit top to bottom. Where they are extremely strong is with the young arms, and I think that is where their representatives will come from. Leyland will guarantee it.

Verlander, Robertson, Bonderman, plus a savvy Rogers and other young guns who will start eventually.

You have 4 out of 5 starter who will give you a quality start 4 out of 5 outings. That is the Tigers recipe for success. There are very few teams that can claim that historically, and all of them fared very well. The Tigers biggest liability in the postseason will be the closer. They need a Hernandez yet.

June 27th, 2006, 11:01 pm
Modmin Dude

Who says their not being considered??? From what I understand its still the fan voting period and therefore up to the fans to determine who will start. Us fans just need to start voting up a storm. The Tigers don't get much national coverage therefore it would be a huge surprise if anyone outside of Pudge was voted a starter. So everyone start voting!!!!!

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/event ... ot_reg.jsp

June 28th, 2006, 9:21 am
Who says their not being considered??? From what I understand its still the fan voting period and therefore up to the fans to determine who will start. Us fans just need to start voting up a storm. The Tigers don't get much national coverage therefore it would be a huge surprise if anyone outside of Pudge was voted a starter. So everyone start voting!!!!!

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/event ... ot_reg.jsp

That's the problem though wags... Boston and NY have HUGE fan bases (their local fan bases are probably stronger than the Tiger's national fan base...) so their guys end up getting voted in...

June 28th, 2006, 12:23 pm
RIP Killer

It's complete BS that the Mets have 4/9 starting players going to the ASG. No team should have that many players. I didn't think the Pistons should have 4 starters go to the ASG and I don't think the Mets should have 4 either.

Lo Duca starting at 3rd? I could name a number of better 3rd basemen in the NL.

July 3rd, 2006, 3:45 pm
Varsity Captain

Yeah it's BS but o well, I think Granderson or Ordonez should have been selected and Placido Polanco also. O well, the thing that bugs me is the White Sox have 2 First Basemen on the All-Star Roster...yes 2 First Basemen, O wait one of them never actually plays First Base just like David Ortiz never plays First Base.

July 3rd, 2006, 11:21 pm
Profile YIM
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Well, Rodriguez and Rogers did make the team and Verlander still has a chance with the final fan voting. Also, Ozzie Guillen has said that he will select Ordonez should an AL outfielder get injured or opts out of the game. With that said, I still think they should have had more pitchers in the game.

July 4th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Varsity 1st Team

the voting in baseball for all-stars is flawed no doubt about it.no way fans should be able to vote 25 times. as a matter of fact sometimes 1 vote per person is too many. thats why the whole infield for the AL team is red sox-yankees. the coaches and players should have a bigger say.

July 4th, 2006, 3:37 pm
Afghan Allstar

the coaches and players should have a bigger say.

The all star game is for the fans. It's not for the coaches, players or media. Just the fans. Now, I don't agree with everyone getting to vote 25 times, but that's just something we have to live with.

I'm just glad that Pudge got voted in over Veritek. The guy is just not that great of a catcher. There's more to being a catcher than just hitting.

July 5th, 2006, 9:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]