View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 B-B-ba Benbye-bye? 
Peewee Leaguer

Post B-B-ba Benbye-bye?
:cry: Say it aint so! Got erkin Da** it...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508742

:? :? :? -:shock: -:x :evil:- :twisted: -:cry:

July 3rd, 2006, 9:44 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Yep, an end of an era.. I hope he can survive on that much money..it is going to be strange to see him playing on the other side.. I wonder what kind of reception he will get when he comes back.. too bad.. now who do we get for a center?

July 3rd, 2006, 9:51 pm

I've heard rumors that the Pistons might try to go after Kevin Garnett now in a huge deal. If that doesn't pan out then here's a list of available free agents I made a while back:

http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5728

July 3rd, 2006, 10:21 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

I don't think we'll use a true center. I'm disapointed that Ben left for $4M more. That extra $1M per year is chump change when you're pulling down $12M/yr. Ben sold out. It's disappointing and Piston fans will more than likely boo the hell out of him when he comes back.

Edit -- KG would be freakin' crazy. Hopefully we can dump Sheed and get KG. KG and Dyess would be a nice combo. BTW - it was absolutely stupid to give up a legimate bench player in Evans for one of the biggest projects to be a Piston in the past 2 decades.

Now who's pissed about trading Darko? Dumars looks like a dummy now. Cato is a pile of trash and that pick we got doesn't net us a four-time defensive player of the year. I hate saying it, but I wish we had Darko.

Stones will have a hell of a time winning 50 next season.

Last edited by conversion02 on July 3rd, 2006, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2006, 10:24 pm
Varsity Captain

I loved Ben but it pisses me off he sold us out for money and I guess he doesnt care about winning another championship. I wish we could get KG that would be awesome. O well I guess we see that Big Ben cares more about money then being a team player. I can't believe he says he was disappointed in the Pistons offer when the Bulls only gave him $1 million more a year. Whatta idoot, seriously. Good Riddance if you are that dumb

July 3rd, 2006, 11:10 pm
Profile YIM
Varsity Captain

BTW Conversion I read Evans wanted out of Detroit for whatever reason. I wish we could have gotten something betetr for him just saying what I read

July 3rd, 2006, 11:12 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Yeah, I suspect that Evans wants a starting gig. I don't think he'll get one, but he'll get much more minutes anywhere else. I think Delfino is a better player overall by far, anyway. I'm glad Delfino is going to get more minutes, he could be a good 6th man if Dyess has to start.

Still, I think this team is going to be nowhere near a championship team if they don't get a guy like KG. They need a low post playmaker. Ben was that on D, but as shown in the playoffs, they need help on O.

I think Ben selling out for $1M/yr more shows that he wasn't willing to play for Flip for another season. He wants the ball more and thinks he is a scorer. Just sucks for the Stones because he is a horrible shooter and can't even make a FT. Ben was probably promised to be an option in Chicago's offense, and signed there for that reason. Flip lost Ben for the Pistons.

July 3rd, 2006, 11:24 pm

So how do we go about getting Kevin Garnett? Do you think we have a chance at getting him if we trade Rasheed Wallace + others??

July 3rd, 2006, 11:44 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Sheed plus who? I don't think Minn would make a deal like that. It's between CB and Rip. A vet PG is more important than a vet SG, but nobody else can do what Rip does with his consistency. Rip is irreplaceable. I would love to see CB traded for a fresh, young PG, but who? CB is at his peak and on his way down IMO. His trade value is through the roof and we could get a deal for him.

Prince is out of the question
Dyess, but we can't lose him since he would start if Sheed goes.
Sheed, definately tradeable.

July 3rd, 2006, 11:55 pm
Varsity Captain

Well IMO the Bulls are fools for promising Ben a bigger role in the offense because Ben ahs shown he just doesnt have an offensive touch and really he is a liability offensively. If you took out dunks i wonder what Bens Shooting Percentage is?

July 4th, 2006, 12:08 am
Profile YIM

How about Rasheed Wallace + Jason Maxiell + 1st round draft pick in 2007 (since the Pistons have 2) for Kevin Garnett? Or is this still not enough? I really think trading Prince, Billups, or Hamilton is out of the question and would be a horrible mistake.

July 4th, 2006, 12:11 am
Profile YIM
Varsity Captain

How about Chauncey returns to Minnesota and we sign Sam Cassel?

July 4th, 2006, 12:18 am
Profile YIM
Varsity Captain

Ben Wallace was the heart and soul of this team, now we are looking at a team with a huge need at Center and basically nothing but trash on the market, the only thing that can save them now is if some trade could be worked out with the Clipper for Brand.

Plus i fear the Piston basketball we know and love will cease to exist, without Ben Wallace to keep that defensive presence up, and Flip Saunders as HC who really showed little to no interest in maintaining the defensive mind set that made this team special.

July 4th, 2006, 12:40 am
Mr. Irrelevant

I'll miss Big Ben and he'll always be a Piston to me. IMO leaving wasn't about the money it was about not playing for Flip and getting a bigger role on the offensive end of the floor. I'm not mad at him and I don't think he sold out. It his life let him do what he wants to do. Its not like he is trashing Detroit (Yet).

All that being said IMO this isn't as big of a deal for us as it seems right now. I read an article about this that made sense to me. It stated that the league is changing and the old physical defense that we all have seen the Pistons trademark over the last few years is gone(Duane Wade anyone?). This does a couple of things. It makes Ben less effective on the defensive end of the floor and makes his lack of offensive ability more of a problem. This team will have new leaders and a new look. It doesn't mean that one is more effective than the other... just different.

Where do we go from here? I don't know. Getting KG would be HUGE but I am not sure how realistic it is and only if he wants to play within the offense. I have seen some people mention Brand (not here) but there is no way the Clippers get rid of him. Muhammed from the Spurs is someone I would consider. There really isn't a whole lot out there.

To me Sheed is the only one that is expendible at this point out of our starters. You don't get rid of a top 5 PG. It is like getting rid of a top 5 QB you just don't do it. So Chauncey is out. Convo is right about RIP and he shouldn't go anywhere(I also agree about wanting Darko back as sad as that is). Teyshaun is just a guy that you can trust to get the job done. These guys should be our core to build around. Fill in around them the best you can.

First Stevie Y. and now Big Ben. Sad day in Detroit Sports. :cry:

July 4th, 2006, 5:07 am
Veteran General Manager

Look for Joe D to go after Paija Stoyachovich ( however you spell his name :lol: ). It would accomplish two things. 1. Helps us fill our sudden hole. 2. It weakens a division rival ( Pacers).

PS is also much more effective on the offensive end than Wallace. During the playoffs, Wallace appeared to be more of a liability than anything else because teams were playing Hack- A- Ben.

July 4th, 2006, 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next