View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 More on McPherson 
RIP Killer

Post More on McPherson
Here is what Gil Brandt from NFL.com wrote about McPherson:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8334953

Quote:
McPherson is a quarterback whose career at FSU was cut short and he wound up playing in the Arena Football League. He has good height (6-3?), good speed (4.72 in the 40, right up there with the other fast QBs) and has kept his arm live by playing for the Indiana Firebirds in 2004. His touchdown-to-interception ratio (61 TDs, five INTs) with Indiana was unheard of, and growing up in Florida, he was the high school football and basketball player of the year in the same year. He's agile and athletic -- two very important qualities you'd want your quarterback to have.

Also a video clip interview of McPherson:

http://play.rbn.com/url=nfl/nfl/open/nf ... twidth=417

Brandt also spoke about two other interesting wild cards (one from the state):

Quote:
Todd Herremans, Saginaw Valley
Two years ago, we uncovered an offensive tackle by the name of Seth Wand. He wound up being drafted by the Texans, starting all 16 games for them in 2004. Herremans is this year's Wand. He has great size (6-6, 321) and is strong. Moreover, he had 26 different teams and plenty of offensive line coaches show up at his Pro Day in the middle of Michigan. That's generally a sign that he has quite a following.

Matt Jones, Arkansas
Is he a quarterback? Is he a wide receiver? Is he a tight end? No one knows for sure, but he's the subject of a lot of talk around the league. I have never seen such intriguing numbers as we see on Jones. He ran four times under 4.40 in the 40 at the combine, also doing a 39?-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-6 long jump. Those are just flat-out incredible numbers. And the guy was such a good athlete, he was good enough to start on Arkansas' basketball team in 2003. A lot of coaches have all kinds of ideas on where to play Jones, but only one team will have the chance to draft him.

March 30th, 2005, 2:10 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Rumor has it the Lions slotted one of their prime interview spots to Purdue's Orton and that they did not attend McPherson's work out. Probably a WCO thing.

March 30th, 2005, 2:19 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

ESPN the magizine had a great read on McPherson. I hope he has a great NFL carrer even if the lions dont draft him

March 30th, 2005, 2:46 pm
Varsity Captain

McPherson is a very interesting idea and I'll admit and he is tempting. I just think to get him we will need to reach a round earlier than we want to on a QB. I love the idea of Dan Orlovsky from UCONN, hes got a big time arm and put up good numbers with mediocre receivers and I think he will be available in the fourth when we might be targeting a QB.

March 30th, 2005, 2:54 pm
RIP Killer

From what I've seen, Orlovsky's got a canon. Haven't seen him play much though.

Orton would be a good pick in the 3rd and a steal in the 4th. He's one of my favorite QBs.

McPhearson would a be steal in the 3rd, but he won't last that long. He's getting a lot of attention after the combine.

March 30th, 2005, 3:23 pm
RIP Killer

NFL | Workout Results of FSU's McPherson - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:35:31 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Florida State QB Adrian McPherson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.52 and 4.59 seconds, a short shuttle of 6.78 seconds and had a 40.5-inch vertical leap during his individual workout Tuesday, March 29.

The Giants, Rams, Jags, Saints, and Dolphins all attended his workout as far as I know.

March 30th, 2005, 3:40 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

That short shuttle time is pretty high from what I have been seeing.

March 30th, 2005, 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]