View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Answers to your 10 burning Lions questions... 
RIP Killer

Post Answers to your 10 burning Lions questions...
I have recieved a number of questions about the Lions and figured it was a good time to recap some of them for everyone as the regular season looms...

1) Are the Lions looking to make any trades or roster changes?

The Lions seem pretty content on sticking with their current 53 man roster and nobody was claimed off the waiver wire from the Lions (the practice squad is still in tact). They have a slight interest in safety Kwame Lassiter who was released from the Chargers (IMO he is too old and slow). I have heard no updates on Donovin Darius trade talks with the Jags. All is quiet in Allen Park as of now.

2) Will Mooch use a RB-by-committee approach?

No - KJ will be the man, he should get about 70% of the carries. The rest of the carries will be split between Tose and Bryson. Bryson will still see snaps because he is better at blocking and picking up the blitz than the other two, plus he's pretty good at catching the ball out of the backfield so will see time as a third-down back still.

3) Lionbacker has T. Holt listed as the starter on the depth chart, will he start against Chicago?

No - Bracy Walker will be the starter at the beginning of the season. He is a better strong safety (near the line of scrimmage) than Holt. Wishful thinking on my part.

4) Who will be the DE starters against Chicago?

Hall for sure on the right side. I'm thinking DeVries will get the nod at LE at this point with Redding and Edwards off of injuries (although both are back and practicing).

5) Now that the Lions cut Swinton, who backs up Drummond on returns?

Actually it will be Bly and Hakim. They should be OK although Eddie does have a history of injury problems. I would hate to see Dre' get hurt on a punt return. If not for all the defensive injuries, I think you may have seen Reggie make this team.

6) Who starts at linebacker against Chicago?

Donte' Curry, Earl Holmes and Teddy Lehman. The injury to Davis will keep him out of the starting lineup this week.

7) Will Fitzsimmons start over Alexander after the strong preseason?

No - Alexander will be a vital part of the offense this year, you just haven't seen it yet. I was also impressed with Fitz - he had one of the stronger preseasons on the team.

8.) How can the Lions improve their special teams performance?

It was a little scary during the preseason wasn't it. Expect to see a few more starters playing special teams.

9) How healthy are the Lions going into week 1?

About as healthy as one could hope. Outside of Bailey (who they still hope can return in November) and Walker (who will be cut eventually) they have no major issues. Most of the guys returned to practice this week and will play against the Bears.

10) When will the road losing streak end?

Week 1 - I hope! Let me whip out the crystal ball, oh I don't have one. Sorry!

That's it for now, feel free to ask questions on this board to email them to me at paul@lionbacker.com

Thanks,
Paul (aka Pablo)

GO LIONS!

September 7th, 2004, 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

i think that mooch should use a rbbc, even though they rarely work out. With 3 tes on the roster and only 4 true wrs (eddie is a kr first wr second) it seems like mooch may be planning a power running game. If this is so, and i stress IF, a rbbc with the rbs we have, especially toose would fit that style of running. On defense i dont think edwards is as good of a de as redding and i think redding should start, along with holt. Holt may not have the interceptions but he gets to the ball to knock it down or make the tackle as good or better than anyone we have, except MAYBE dre bly.

September 7th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]