View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Draft notes from GreatBlueNorthReport 
RIP Killer

Post Draft notes from GreatBlueNorthReport
Saw this on Mlive and decided to check it out.

GEORGIA senior defensive end/linebacker DAVID POLLACK is receiving added attention from Carolina, Detroit, Indianapolis and San Diego.

OKLAHOMA senior defensive end/linebacker DAN CODY is getting added attention from Dallas, Detroit, San Diego and several other 3-4 based defensive teams.

NORTHWESTERN STATE, LA senior fullback ISSA BANNA has a private workout with the NY Jets tomorrow... has also been drawing interest Dallas, Detroit and Tennessee.

STANFORD (March 24th) senior tight end ALEX SMITH ran between 4.86 and 4.92 in the 40... weighs 6036, 257 pounds... 34 1/4" arms... 10" hands... has been fully cleared from a knee sprain he suffered at the Senior Bowl... Detroit, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay have been showing added attention to him...

UTEP (March 28th) senior running back/return man HOWARD JACKSON ran between 4.28 and 4.31 in the 40 during a private workout with the Chicago Bears... Detroit has also shown a lot of interest in him as an all-purpose type back.

March 30th, 2005, 3:47 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Where are Banna and Jackson predicted to go in the draft?

March 30th, 2005, 3:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

to bad his name isn't howard johnson...then we could call em HoJo :lol:

March 30th, 2005, 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I like all the other guy's were interested in except Howard Jackson, I dont understand why we need another RB when we have 3 guy's at the position already and we also have Avon Cobourne in Europe which I want in favor of Pinner...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 30th, 2005, 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Avon cobourne is a Dolphin. Pinner and Bryson are not very good. Both could be upgraded and should at least be challenged and have to win their positions on this team.

March 30th, 2005, 9:33 pm

Since when did Avon Cobourne become a Dolphin?? I need to see a link of some sort...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 30th, 2005, 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Legend, I think Bryson is an important part of our team. His is the best double threat guy we have. He is a nice change of pace guy, more elusive than KingJones or Pinner. You are just remembering two years ago when he lead the club in rushing with way under 1000 yds. He isn't a starter and should be one only in emergencies, but he is a more than capable backup IMO.

March 30th, 2005, 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

We cut Cobourne las September. The Dolphins signed him 1/19.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... tions.html

Bryson is a good backup and his YPC reflected his elusivness. He also had the 2nd most number of catches on the team.

March 31st, 2005, 8:38 am

O.k, I guess I havent heard about that, why would we cut him I liked him a lot more then Artose and he could play special teams...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 31st, 2005, 11:30 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

He must not have shown much to the coaches. He was an undrafted FA but barely made it off the practice squad. I guess they just have more invested in Pinner (6th rounder I believe) than they did in Cobourne. I thought Cobourne had the better college career. Why'd he drop out of the draft?

March 31st, 2005, 11:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]